hacked's 521 (turbo bagged right hand drive)

hacked521

thanks guys. yeah it is pretty low, thats how i like ehm. I want to body drop it so bad, i think im just going to make some rocker extensions instead. Its too much work to body drop this truck when i need it for a daily driver. Im hopeing my compressor gets to me before may 7 because thats when i have to have my truck road ready. Im getting some gauges, just a speedometer and a fuel level gauge. I have all the wiring done:lol: finally !!!!! no more wiring! except for the compressor. I think i shaved like 20lbs of wire off my truck by making my own harness.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It really didnt take that long, it could easily be done in a maybe a day day and a half if you have all the supplies at home. I used part of the orignal harness, only the wires running back to the fuel level sender and the tail lights also the wires going to the voltage regulator. I basically did run a wire at a time. The most time consumiong part of it was figureing out how to wire the toggle switches.:eek: Once that is done it goes by really quickly. The biggest thing you need, which you probly deffinately have, is a stock wireing diagram. It helps alot if you have that. Ill take some pictures of the harness as soon as possible.

I started work on the stock dash so ill take pictures of it too, i changed my mind about the sheetmetal one and finding one out of another car was out of budget. I think i have around 12 toggle switches total...that could be reduced easily with a couple on-off-on switches.:lol:

oh forgot to mention i found out i cant participate in the school car show because i dont have insurance for my truck yet. Theres always next year to win.:mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, thats it I've gotta get my truck lower... was gonna do blocks but I can already see it wont satisfy me!

I wish I had my own garage and more tools so I could actually learn to start doing suspension!!!

Way to go man, I *heart* your truck, can't wait to see more pictures!!!

paint, smoothed dash is in, and a compressor. There is probably more im missing but thats all i can remember at the moment. Oh! carpet is going to be going away, not very ratsun or traditional to have carpet. Pics will be up soon I need to get them uploaded into photobucket.

paint, smoothed dash is in, and a compressor. There is probably more im missing but thats all i can remember at the moment. Oh! carpet is going to be going away, not very ratsun or traditional to have carpet. Pics will be up soon I need to get them uploaded into photobucket.

Can't wait!

Did some pinstriping and lettering on the truck today and had a coil literally blow up also, at my own fault..i left the key on.:o Anyways heres some pictures, ill get some of the gauges and pinstriping tomorrow.

CIMG1987.jpg

CIMG1986.jpg

CIMG1984.jpg

CIMG1851.jpg

CIMG1857.jpg

You see that yellow thing in the corner, thats the coil that blew up. I had my head in the wheelwell right when it happened. Its been about an hour and my ears are still ringing. I feel so stupid about it but ohwell, atleast i still have a replacement i guess.

Man this is looking sweeeeet! I am so stoaked for you.

Sorry about the coil. Though I am confused... Why would it blow up from just leaving the key on? Like in the accessory position? I don't know enough about coils to know, but would like to so I don't make the same mistake!

No, i left it in the ignition hot. Right where if you turn it over anymore it engages the starter. Well what happens is the coil starts to get hot and then the oil inside the coil starts expand boil and build up pressure until finally the case cant take the pressure and explodes. It leaves quite the mess, there was oil everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been kinda wondering about an idea ive had but wanted some of your opinions, instead of a body drop why not make some rocker "extensions" out of steel? Im not a short person and i dont want to ditch the benchseat but I still want the look of a body drop.

If you were to extend the door and fender down too, I doubt anyone would ever notice. Basically, leave the rocker with it's stock shape and add the couple extra inches just above it. Pretty tricky with the flat surfaces of the door, but you'd lay rocker without sacrificing height.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...