Damn Neighbors

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8. Power Machinery, Tools, and Equipment. The use of any tools, power machinery, or equipment or the conduct of construction and building work in residential zones so as to cause noises disturbing to the peace, comfort, and quiet enjoyment of property of any person residing or working in the vicinity between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m., Monday through Friday, and between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m., Saturday and Sunday, except when the work is necessary for emergency repairs required for the health and safety of any member of the community

nevermind i found it. i am good to go

My neighbor came over and said he is calling the city cause he believes i am violating the noise ordinance by grinding on my truck.

anyone know the rules? I am trying to look them up. i don't have to worry about the home owners association.

At least in Oregon, the noise ordinance is only in effect from something like 10pm => 7am.

Ever try to plane down wood? Way louder than grinding...give them something to b!tch about :lol:

{Edit: I swear I didn't post mine after yours!}

Edited by hughdogz

lol fuck the neighbors :fu:

the 2 Z cars and various vehicles being working on in the garage or side of the house should alert you that Im working on cars and make fuckin noise :fu:

prob why the house on the garage side is still vacant :lol: anyone wanna live next door to skibby?

Ya I'm in a well to do area and they pulled the same shit on me. They took it a step further though and said they heard me beating a woman. I assume because the cops wouldn't come for a noise complaint at 1pm on a weekday. The cops told me they would file a false call report or some crap like that but I think they were just blowing smoke up my ass because I was so mad.

The same guy called the cops on me a different time weeks later when I unloaded a z31 I bought to flip in front of my house. I went in to warm up, it was like 20 degrees out. Come out 20min later after brewing some Irish coffee and it's getting towed. Cost me 300 to get it back. The neighbor must have called as I was unloading it for it to have been already hooked up 20min later.

The neighbor that called got his 10 fold. He got to buy a new car after though so that's good for him lol

Idk why some people cant be civil its not like I'm working on cars every day and if I am it's well within reasonable hours. I fucking wake up at noon and I eat dinner at 6, give me a break. :mad:

So I feel you pain and hope it doesn't progress as far as the douche bags by me forced it to go.

HAHA I have had the cops called on me after I get home from driving the Truck. Its 10:30pm at night I just got home at 10:15pm somebody's knocking at the front door. Cop of course we got a complaint that you where reving your engine. So I told the cop that I just came home from a show at a local place and he was cool. so he asks me why its so loud. So I show him. LOL he about shit 2 Twinkies he was like OMG that is so sweet. So we talked for about 30 mins, he has a 34' pickup he had been working on for 10 years. We swapped storys and he went on his way with a dont rev it past 10pm statement and a laugh.

The next weekend he shows up at the car show in his patrol unit on his break and we talk for a little bit and he wonders around checking out all the other car there. He swears he is going to get his Pickup done for next years shows. HEHE sometimes I like cops.

Edited by 72 327

If you have hedges, trim said hedges with a 24" Homelite chainsaw.

I had a neighbor, a real piece of work, who came banging on my door complaining of noise. I was renovating the bathroom in my house just after I bought it, and was tearing the tile out from around the tub. Of course, broken tile was crashing into the tub, and it was July so it was hot and I had the windows open.

It was maybe 7:30, 8:00PM. It was still light out- summer in the NW. But he came over complaining that the noise was keeping his mother-in-law awake.

Dude, it's 7:30. Well, at least he came over personally unlike the weasels that just call the cops, or Code Enforcement, because they don't like the way I keep my property. None of your effing business what I do in my yard.

Anyway the guy complained that he tried to buy the house but was waiting for the price to come back down (back? I paid $14,000 under the prior selling price when prices were going UP nationwide). Probably just ticked that I beat his offer. But later on he'd go out and dry fire his boat up at 10PM, chain smoke while it idled and throw the butts in my yard. Threw a dead possum over the fence when I was overseas. Real nice guy. 2nd worst neighbor I've ever had.

I got the fuzz called up for using an air hammer at 4pm to clean off my undercoat.

The noise ordanance here is nothing before 7am and after 10pm.

Nothing beats the sound of cutting aluminum siding with a circular saw at 7:01Am...

that is one of the loudest things ever

that is one of the loudest things ever

Ya lol esp if the interior is stripped/open. It's so obnoxiously loud haha. I think regular use of a air ratchet is up there too my snap on whines like a bastard.

There are always assholes. I only have to worry about the next meth-heads who live kitty corner. I've run out two families so far, waiting to see if the third is going to be any better. It's a good thing I have good parents, otherwise I would have gone to jail for sniping half the neighborhood.

On the plus side, I do have the greatest neighbor on the side of me. Brenda, older, mormon, but super nice. Like living next door to not quite grandma. We keep an eye on everything for each other. And the house next to me stays vacant because they live up at Loon Lake and don't want the hassle of renting it out. Which is good. I'm free to make noise just about whenever, and generally the sight of someone cutting metal with a torch keeps the meth-heads away.

Back when I had the 510 wagon, (much louder than the current 510) I had the cops called many times in the middle of the day. They were pretty cool, I had it turned off by the time they showed up. Pretty much said, okay, keep it down and took off. The neighbor then (HOA) had a dog that barked all the damn time when they weren't home. Nice dog, just neglected. Called the cops back for that, was a legitimate complaint. Damn thing would NOT stop barking for literally hours in the whee of the night. Wish I could have taken it, it would have had a better time with me.

Barcardi, your neighbor sounds like a d*ck.....you should poop on his porch.

I'm lucky, eveyone in my hood thinks I'm a nut job for trying to get my old Datto running.......they pretty much leave me be.

i used to work on my 240z with regular tools at about 720ish in the morning when i came back from crew (rowing) and i was running open headers and the neighbors didnt like 95+db before they got up at 830 to have coffee so they would come out with an air horn and honk it until i turned off the car.....

So the next day i had my friend bring his truck over (he had a Cummins Diesel lifted with the train horns modification) we pointed it towards my neighbor and started working on the Z......so my neighbor came out and started yelling and honking his air horn.....so we stopped working on it and asked him what the problem was! He was like "oh your pretty loud and i dont want to call the cops again or code enforcement cause this is against the law!" blah blah.....so my buddy hops in his truck fires it up and 2 seconds later BLAMMMMM he honks the train horns right towards the neighbors house and it looked like he was about to crap his pants!

Funniest thing EVAR!!!!! :fu:

20 mins later cops showed up saying we had to keep it down, (the cop knew me from school and didnt like my car anyway but couldnt do crap)

end post :lol:

my old neighbors used to keep me up at night arguer so i finally got sick of it so i didnt go to sleep one night waited till about 600 am (2HOURS AFTER THEY SHUT UP!) pushed my 86 grand national t(hat i had just swapped a built pontiac 400 from a 68 gto in to, and had not put the exhaust on yet !) right up to there open windows ind fired it up and reved it to 4500 they came out bitchin i told them to shut the fuck up and not keep me up all night and every time they keep me up they are getting woke up the next day !

One time my 510 had broken down so we finally got it back at 3am , and the car had an open exhaust and I think I woke up the whole street even trying to be as quiet as possible.

But usually people are good... I dont often hear noise before 8:30 and usually not after 8pm

My neighbors just dont' like how I don't mow the lawn often enough. I'm the only person on the street with a car older than 2001. :)

All the kids like my 280ZX though. I don't really make much noise, but if I do, I keep it in the garage with the doors closed. I doubt its really all that loud outside.

2eDeYe;210798'']My neighbors kick ass, usually about 8 or 9am Sat morning the power tools start up. It's like a neighborhood jam session :D

how easily you forget...

when we lived together, the neighbors complained to the law:

running a illegal auto shop

we were single handily responsible for a rat infestation in the neighborhood

our back yard was full of dog crap we never picked up

dogs barked all day n night

ect.

seemed like at a min once a month we heard from the city.

also turns out that in the city of seattle its illegal to work on your car in the driveway:blink:

you have to have at least 2 wheels in the garage to work on shit.

but its legal to work on your car on the parking strip along the street.

stupid F'n laws, n neighbors.

ps: his neighborhood is awesome, like some kinda concert of power tools.