Damn Neighbors

also turns out that in the city of seattle its illegal to work on your car in the driveway:blink:

you have to have at least 2 wheels in the garage to work on shit.

but its legal to work on your car on the parking strip along the street.

stupid F'n laws, n neighbors.

ps: his neighborhood is awesome, like some kinda concert of power tools.

Wow that's pretty crazy, legal on the street but not in our own driveway? I'd like to know the logic behind that one.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

also turns out that in the city of seattle its illegal to work on your car in the driveway:blink:

you have to have at least 2 wheels in the garage to work on shit.

but its legal to work on your car on the parking strip along the street.

stupid F'n laws, n neighbors.

One of my ex-neighbors called the cops on me frequently. There were 2 "Civil Enforcment" officers that came to my house a few times. One was a really nice lady who didn't hassle me much. She would just mention that there was a complaint and tell me that if I had been doing something wrong I should stop. The other one was a complete dick! He actually kept his hand on his gun the whole time he lectured me about the law. He essentially told me that the ordinances are purposely vague which gives him the "authority" to interpret and enforce them as he wishes. He said that in the city of Hillsboro it is illegal to even change your own oil in your own garage with the door closed and the lights off. To add insult, he even mailed me a copy of the ordinances and highlighted everything that he felt I violated and wrote notes on the edges. Whatever.

cartman_motivator.jpg[/img]

ok so here is the entire story, my neighbor came over and asked what the noise ordinace was and it pretty much sounded like he was going to file a complaint, this is the second time he has called in something on me. the other time is where there were oil spots out in front of my house on the street and he called to have the street cleaned, they asked why he thought it needed to be cleaned, and he said cause it looks like someone was changing thier oil in front of the house. mind you that this stain was there prior to me moving in and i keep ALL of my cars in my driveway. Well the city came out and tried to fine me for changing oil in the street. My father in law who works for the city got the claim dropped since we have pictures of it there before we moved in.

well back to the recent story: so my neighbor tried calling the city to find out what the noise limit was, the city refered him to the police, and any complaint they are required to come out. the cop came by and was really cool. he said i am able to work on my stuff as long as its between certain hours, BUT if it bothers a neighbor then I have to stop, or i will be faced with a Disturbing the Peace fine. I talked to my neighbor and asked him what the deal was. He said that on sunday his grandson was trying to sleep and I was making lots of noise and his grandson could not sleep, he got tired of it and decided to bring the city into play. I told him that if he would of came over at ANY point and asked me to keep it down, i would of found something quieter to do on my project. I have TONS of other stuff to do that does not require loud power tools.

I told him to come and talk to me prior to calling anyone from here on out if there is a problem. Its not like I am a bad neighbor, he even said it himself. I just have hobbies that are louder than most, and if he has a problem to come and talk to me about it.

ok so here is the entire story, my neighbor came over and asked what the noise ordinace was and it pretty much sounded like he was going to file a complaint, this is the second time he has called in something on me. the other time is where there were oil spots out in front of my house on the street and he called to have the street cleaned, they asked why he thought it needed to be cleaned, and he said cause it looks like someone was changing thier oil in front of the house. mind you that this stain was there prior to me moving in and i keep ALL of my cars in my driveway. Well the city came out and tried to fine me for changing oil in the street. My father in law who works for the city got the claim dropped since we have pictures of it there before we moved in.

well back to the recent story: so my neighbor tried calling the city to find out what the noise limit was, the city refered him to the police, and any complaint they are required to come out. the cop came by and was really cool. he said i am able to work on my stuff as long as its between certain hours, BUT if it bothers a neighbor then I have to stop, or i will be faced with a Disturbing the Peace fine. I talked to my neighbor and asked him what the deal was. He said that on sunday his grandson was trying to sleep and I was making lots of noise and his grandson could not sleep, he got tired of it and decided to bring the city into play. I told him that if he would of came over at ANY point and asked me to keep it down, i would of found something quieter to do on my project. I have TONS of other stuff to do that does not require loud power tools.

I told him to come and talk to me prior to calling anyone from here on out if there is a problem. Its not like I am a bad neighbor, he even said it himself. I just have hobbies that are louder than most, and if he has a problem to come and talk to me about it.

so your pretty much fucked either way. if he thinks you are too loud between the hours stated by the cop you still can get fined? that sound like horse shit to me.

this is one of the reasons why i moved to ghetto. nobody gives a shit about about how much noise you make. good luck.

I grew up places like that

hell our neighbors werent that far away, maybe half mile for some. 8-10 miles outside of town (which was small)

We could walk onto the porch, shoot some pop cans and nobody gave a shit

then we move closer to town. Nobody gave a shit there either :D

Then i moved into the city, and get harassed for a buncha bs things.