closed down junkyard

matwood

so, im going to a junkyard that has been closed down for a LOONNGG time now. from plain view I can see MANY old 510's and 210's. Who knows what else there is in there. I guess what I am getting at is this....

What kinda stuff would YOU be looking for in a junkyard of this stature?

I dont think there is anything in here newer than an 80-85 model. I have an entire build in front of me, looking for 521 body parts and stuff for the l20b swap.

what else should i try and scrounge up?

any emblems worth keeping maybe?

what dashes from ANY old car may look good in the 521?

seats?

what tranny's are worth taking?

what is the best car to get an L series exhaust manfold from?

anything easy to remove that is worth reselling?

just answer questions at your will.. i will be going sometime today or tomorrow... kinda a long drive for me so any suggestions are great!

thanks!

madison

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

door panels

windshields

grills

hubcaps

tail light lens/housings

fenders

1/4 panels

trunk lids

front lens

tachs - opps already said

am and fm radios

front and rear bumpers

chrome trim

alternators

starters

radiators

complete AC stuff

disc brakes

good padded dashes

bucket seats

emblems

take a U-HAUL, now that should keep you bizzy for a couple of hours.. GL

Anything for Fisch's 59 windshield, Clutch slave cylinder, windshield wiper motor, 520 dash complete, roadster 2000 Datsun emblems, those cool little work lights like on fisch's 59, l16 l18 smog free manifolds, distributors, weber carbs, mirrors, early horn buttons.

Hey if there old mopars in there......DAAYUUUUMMMMMMM anyway if you find any rust free panels, bumpers etc any body parts are worth the time.

Also the interior in good condition is usually hard to find.

Look for SSS stuff, thats worth a lot and could easily sell it here or keep it and put on your Datto.

The best part is taking your camera and taking pics for all of us to see!

Good luck with your parts and hope you strike gold!

A few of the yards around here are not going to be carrying some of the older cars anymore! 280zx struts would always sell, since they're the cheap/easy upgrade for 510 guys...

L series valve covers sell well when they're polished, especially if they have the special font/lettering etc...

Older wheels, aluminum finned Z drums, stock radios, switches/dash panels, hoods are probably one of the harder things to find in good shape, now, too. Chrome trim, grills and headlight bezels, clean valences (you'd need a spot weld drill bit), etc, etc, etc...

Pictures would be the best thing to bring back, though. Especially if this place has been untouched for a while, I'm sure there's some cool stuff to see!

im gonna print this thread out before i go. there is TONS of mopar shit in there. we're talking about some hill billies around here. they love thier muscle.

and for getting shot, no worries. i met the guy by chance and hes letting me roam the place.

ill definitely take pictures. anything NON-datsun related that you may want me to look for, just list so I can keep an eye out. ill be picking through all the datto shit, no doubt.

Hello? Are you still wandering aimlessly around the Junk Yard with your camera?:blink:

SIMCA PARTS??? Tail light lenses!!

Old European stuff...Roof racks,old fog lights:cool:

Window mounted swamp coolers!!!:D

Dealership liscence plate frames...a matching set would be sweet!:blink:

Original 40's-50's era chrome trim rings (beauty rings) for 14 or 15 inch rims...the ones that sit inside the rim edge instead of wrap around it all the way to the tire.

Any fender skirts...or window visors...

Area 51 documents, WW2 tanks or half-tracks, Aztec statues, Gold coins, maps to treasure island, hidden portals to another dimension or anything else groovy.

:lol::lol::D:D:rolleyes:

1971 Plymouth Sport Fury 2 door...anythying...my brother's car...pretty rare machine. He asks me all the time if I ever find one to let him know. He needs some interior parts and some exterior trim.

I know that in the area of the world you are talking about...interior parts will be hard to find in good shape and that trim pieces are usually the first to go.

Look forward to the pics!;)

If You have the time before You go, take an hour or so and look over this website as best You can:

http://www.carsinbarns.com

Especially look in the "wing cars" section. You might get REALLY lucky in that yard!!!!

What I am driving at is.......... Until this website was posted on another thread, I Myself had no idea how rare that stuff is. I learned a LOT looking at that website. You (and Myself before seeing it) might be looking right at something that is worth a LOT of $$$$$$ and have no idea even what it is.

GOOD LUCK and happy hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, MAYBE, just maybe, there is a 4 door pickup there!!!!! Datsun, Toyota and Mistubishi all made them. Maybe one from mexico ended up in there.

After clicking on the link you posted and then clicking on the "Classics" icon...then clicking on a picture of a Studebaker nose sticking out of a barn on the first page's index...it took me to a longer running thread of pictures that displayed the "Georgia Pictures"...lots of old cars and some that made me want drive them really bad! The 1958 OLds Super 88 is one of them....:cool:

The last page of the series has an outside shot...its here...on the bottom of the page:

http://www.carsinbarns.com/Classics/Pg14Clscs.htm

There is a 1956-59 Simca Aronde right there next to the pile Nova.:blink:

I would post the pic here, but it is protected by the site.