• I follow ALMS... that's the shit
    • Fuck all that... MOTO GP & WSBK is the only real racing
    • I support Street Racing!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I follow in nascar is what kind of engine technology they let into the hands of the masses ;). I follow three of the others though, I feel things like turning left and right, accelerating, decelerating, and all that jazz are kinda parts to racing though.

top 4, don't make me choose. roundy rounds are fun for passing an afternoon. but ALMS is worth losing a weekend. So sad that Portland lost their Lemans race - it was the high point of my year. could get general admission and full paddock passes for less than $70 :(

edit: for the weekend! thats with all the support races as well

I much prefer offroad racing, so if it's going to be cars then it's going to be rally.

I'm with you Matt. I would much rather do offroad racing than onroad. I would however love to race a 240 in whatever class would be allowed. If it didn't cost so dang much I'm sure we would all be into racing in some form or another.

I stopped folllowing NASCAR years ago. I really don't like the car of tomorrow that they have now. I will watch an F1, AMLS, or touring sedan race about halfway through and then feel like I'm just being lazy and wasting an afternoon so I get up and do something. Now that I think about it, I don't think I have even watched any type of race this year because I've been busy racing karts and wrenching on stuff all year.

i used to be hardcore nascar guy but i stoped watching about two years ago...i still pay attention to what is going on just dont watch anymore....i am hoping biffle can do it and i like all forms of motorsports and will watch them...tracter pulls lawnmower racing...what ever

My problem with NASCAR is that it has become nearly a spec series. I really enjoy stuff where you can see a difference in the cars, and where you can see that a high level of fabrication/innovation has been put into them. Mainly the reason F1, rally, offroad, and sedan racing appeal to me the most.

I'm not sure why, but I've lost interest in NASCAR. I still pay attention and keep up with the points but I cannot stay awake for a whole race. I mainly root for anyone over 50. Hope Mark Martin wins the championship this year. If I go watch a race, I enjoy the local short tracks and dirt racing is my favorite. I agree with Duke, it is almost a spec series and there is no room for the guy who builds a car in his backyard. Way to many drivers just riding around collecting points and a check and not getting racy any more.

ALMS, I love it, but it is not mainstream any longer, the events are poorly promoted. Moto GP is great, Drift, I never quite got that, burning your tires up and throwing your car out of control just seems like a highschooler doing burnouts in the parking lot. Kart racing, best bang for the buck, drive the best tracks in the world for cheap, driving and tuning experience plays a big role. I've got a garage full of dirt, asphalt oval, & roadrace karts, just don't have time or money to go any longer. Plus, I'm to old and need to go to work healthy on Monday morning.

NASCAR used to be ok but many years ago it became a hollow joke. What the fuck is with cars that gain an edge only to have NASCAR change the rules. Restricter plates under the carbs???? Generally they try to keep all the cars even. Who in the wide world of sports wants to sit for hours watching a bunch of equal cars go around a 1/2 mile oval???? Twenty cars that are all within a quarter second of each other???? Why don't they all swap cars and drivers at a half time or something? Richard Petty must be spinning in his grave or wishing he was there. Where are the stand out from the crowd heroes??? Where are the underdogs coming up from the pack???? Where are the clear cut wins??? Where are the innovations that make one car superior to the others? Well I say fuck those cookie cutter cars and rules.

Edited by datzenmike

I wish nascar wasn't the joke it was, it's embarrassing. Cookie cutter cars using 50yo technology driving in 1/2 mile circles... Compared to ANY other auto racing it's flat out laughable.

Don't knock people for watching, just can't understand why.

Personally rally, baja, f1, endurance etc floats my boat. Drifting is cool but not u.s. drifting, it's kind of queer. Go figure.....

Edit: Wow, street racing is in the lead? So many people condone killing innocent bystanders eh?

Edited by 72240z