what was your first ticket?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man my first ticket was in my first 620 it was 1 1978 single cab short bed with 18" centerline harpoons wheels , no window snugtop all fiberglass , slammed I think it was around 1/4 inch off the ground . It had a walk through purple and gray leather from front to back . I had the back seat out of jeep in the bed so we could ride 4 deep , oh the paint was pearl white . I had 4 18" cerwin vega strokers in the bed , the box was a v wedge wall , that went from the front of the very front of the wheel humps to the tail gate I loved that truck more than anything but I lost her to a fire . Oh my first ticket haha , I also got my first ticket in a school zone . I think it was 42 in a 15 $182 I learned my lesson about them school zones . the year was 1996

It was 1978 and I was driving a 75 280z. I was in community college and one of my buddies was having a bachelor party about 100 miles away. I just got off work at the drugstore and left town about 10pm. My choices were (1) miss the party, (2) arrive after all of the fun stuff and take the interstate which added about 30 miles, (3) take the rural highway and hammer it. I took the rural highway (OHIO) where the land is perfectly flat and the roads were bullet straight. I was doing triple digits and notice a car, more than a mile back pacing me. I slowed down to about 65 and it kept its distance. Went through a small crossroad town and put the hammer down to get away from the lurker. About 3 miles and I saw the same headlights again. Back in those days you could almost tell the brand of car by the headlights in your mirror. I decided to slow and see what it was. As he caught up I realized it was a full size Ford of the day and then the lights came on. The officer came up and said "son, have you got a good reason why you are going over 100mph tonight?" I said

I guess my answer depends on what kind of ticket you're referring to...

My first ticket ever was a parking ticket. When I moved back into the university dorms after Christmas a couple years ago I didn't pick up my parking pass and my first reminder of that was a parking ticket for no pass. I moved in at the beginning January and didn't get the ticket until mid-February, about a week after the weather got less cold. I actually managed to get out of that ticket by writing an appeal letter which they lost and then magically found again when I came in a month later asking them why I got a court summons for an upaid ticket (which I should not have gotten since I submitted an appeal).

My first (and only) traffic ticket was doing 94 in a 70 zone (That's in KM/H not MPH, we don't drive THAT fast up here in Canada ;) ). I was coming into the city at night and didn't notice the speed limit changed from 100 to 70. I also didn't see the black charger they had parked on the median to catch people like me :mad:

I've gotten 2 parking tickets. One was on-base for not having the proper sticker for the lot I was parked in. You needed a sticker from your command to park in any lot, so I needed one from my ship. Problem was I needed to get ON the ship to get the sticker, and where to park? Found the ticket when I went back to apply said sticker. Had to go to the base court, where it got waived once I explained it.

Second parking ticket was downtown Seattle, for parking within 30 feet of a stop sign. I'd parked BEHIND a box truck, which was actually obscuring the sign, but then the truck moved, and I got the ticket. Just paid it because I was working on getting perfect attendance in College (which I did do) and didn't want to have to miss a day to fight it.

I've never gotten a moving violation, though I've been pulled over numerous times (for valid and BS reasons) but the worst was a written warning. The warning simply said the violation was Speed. No actual speed was listed, but being just a warning it didn't matter. Had a couple verbal warnings, and one apology for pulling me over when there were no violations (they suspected a violation but I had everything required). One time pulled over for tossing a lit cigarette... I don't smoke, and the cop then tried to blame the truck for throwing sparks (it's not low enough to do that even over speed bumps) before telling me to fix the truck (nothing in particular) and leaving. Stupidest warning was getting yelled at by an obese rent-a-cop on the Navy base, who was (pathetically) jogging next to me waving a radar gun that I was doing 7MPH in a 5MPH zone. The speedometer on a 620 STARTS at 10, and I was following a bicycle!

First ticket was in '67/'68. (hey it was in the last century!) This was when Canada was still in MPH and I was charged with 15 over the 30 limit. It was on a bend and didn't see or expect a radar trap ..... I was a stupid inexperienced 17/18 years old. The (road tax) was $27 then, which was close to half a weeks pay!

I learned from this and never got nailed by radar again. I did, however, loose enough points by '70 to warrent being re-tested. I passed the written exam and the instructer said I was fine, just needed to slow down on the highway. We then went out to the parking lot for the road test. He (the instructer) seemed like he was getting into an Oldsmobile so I asked if this was the test car? He said no I thought it was yours. No I said, turning to my left, indicating my '70 Dodge Dart 340. Well his eyes popped and he got in and we drove all around town to see if I had any bad driving habits. I obeyed all the signs and signals... but,... when ever I had to accelerate, I hammered it, slammimg him into the seat with a throaty exhaust bark, nice easy head snap shift into second, hard throttle, letting off suddenly only when at the speed limit!!! He passed me and seemed to enjoy the ride. Looked like I saved him from a boring morning in the office.

it started when I got my first Z :rolleyes:

Iv done 100 in a 25 in my old truck and no one took a second look, I do 35 in a 25 with a Z and Ill get lit up :rolleyes:

sounds about right. somethings cops are just blind to. like beat up old trucks. or low black rockets like my Passat. never been pulled over in that but i did get popped in my 620, my GLI, and my old cabriolet. go figure.

40 in a 25

101 in a 65

For supposedly running a red light (completely untrue and the cop even "gave me a break" and wrote me up for a city ordinance violation instead)

60 in a 45

Never caused an accident or damage to anyone, but have been hit while parked, hit by a woman running a red light, and hit multiple times by road debris :P

Edited by thisismatt

Wreckless driving for "audible tire friction" (aka, good ole smokey bunout) in my 510. I was pulled over by 3 marked cars, one unmarked car, and a helicopter. NO BULLSHIT. It was the street racing task force. The ticket got reduced from wreckless to speeding in court.

I just started driving in 1968. I was in a hot band with older guys, the only reason was that I had a saxophone and my mother let me drive her Red '67 Mustang (289 4sp W4barrel). One of the guys looked old enough to buy up, so we each drank a Quart of Colt 45 on an empty stomach after our rehearsal.

They talk me into going to McDonalds for burgers and with four other guys in the car, I head off down the main drag. The light turns yellow and I start to put my foot on the brake but realize that with all the weight in the car I'm not going to be able to stop behind the limit line. I gas it and launch through the intersection getting into the cross walk on the other side before it turns red. I wasn't really going that fast to begin with, but here is a cop sitting right next to the McDonalds.

He pulls me over and I argue with him that I made it through the intersection. He gave me a ticket and I had to go to Juvenile court with my Dad. $45

If that was today we would have been all out out against the car while they searched us and the first words out of the cops mouth would have been, HAVE YOU BEEN DRINKING SIR???

Haven't had a ticket since a bullshit one driving my work truck in out in the county for 46 in a 35 back in 1990. If I would have kept my mouth shut he would have given me a warning, but I said, "You mean you flipped a Uey and chased me two miles to pull me over for this crap? How fuckin' fast were you going?