what kind of steering wheel do you have?

been hearing alot about steering wheels...what should i get? or use...so i thought lets see what my ratsun family is turning there wheels with....im using a gt , got it at shucks it was 125.00 feels great and ive had it on a couple rides...got those 18 in. titans on the old 620 and it turns easy

0501091221.jpg

Edited by datzenmike
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive got one that looks similar to a Grant, shares the same 5 screw mounting as Grant, but it does not say Grant on it anywhere like every other Grant i have seen on one of the spokes. This one says "Made in Italy 08/85" on the back of the bottom spoke.

Anybody know what brand it might be??

Ive got one that looks similar to a Grant, shares the same 5 screw mounting as Grant, but it does not say Grant on it anywhere like every other Grant i have seen on one of the spokes. This one says "Made in Italy 08/85" on the back of the bottom spoke.

Anybody know what brand it might be??

Might be a MOMO I think they use the same 5 bolt pattern as Grant

Moon eyes 10" purple flake, old school all the way. Don't have a good pic right now.

S6304043.jpg

Purp, I'm diggin' that interior :D!

If Hirohata had dabbled in Dats instead of Mercs I think he also would have liked it :).

I'm running a used Grant GT I bought off the Ratsun trader from dat521kid. It's a little smaller than what I probably need but with my fat ass and no tilt in this small interior it's actually a pretty good fit!

grante.jpg

seats015.jpg

This is what I had in my goon. Sparco. It's a nice wheel. It's now for sale.

inspectionroomsteeringwheels003.jpg

This is what I run on the goon now. Vintage roosa wheel.

inspectionroomsteeringwheels006.jpg

Grant for my street Z got it free and it's perfect for a silver car.

inspectionroomsteeringwheels007.jpg

And a bad ass momo for the race car. Suede baby!!!!!

Is that to many wheels for one person?

Edited by datrod
Purp, I'm diggin' that interior :D!

If Hirohata had dabbled in Dats instead of Mercs I think he also would have liked it :).

That Merc is inspirational. I have the highly detailed Hot Wheel of it. Built by the Barris brothers before the loss of Sam and before George lost his vision of what a custom should look like.

My interior is the last thing on the list. I want to paint then redo the rubber first. Right now it gets too wet inside to have the nice stuff. I also want lowback buckets instead of the Vega/ Camaro ones in it now. I might just have to cut the tops off of these when I get ready for new vinyl tuck n roll. I have made some new door panels but they lay in wait too.