What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

What dia is that wheel?

It's 15" and is just a little further away from me than my stock wheel was. I know some guys like smaller wheels, but I wouldn't want to go any smaller. With your other post, I have a 240z wheel as well and liked it but it's been an ongoing restoration project for a while and then I found the wheel I'm using now at the swap meet and decided to give it a try.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's 15" and is just a little further away from me than my stock wheel was. I know some guys like smaller wheels, but I wouldn't want to go any smaller. With your other post, I have a 240z wheel as well and liked it but it's been an ongoing restoration project for a while and then I found the wheel I'm using now at the swap meet and decided to give it a try.

Yea I'm thinking of a 15" steering wheel. What brand is the one in the pic? Isee some 240 z steering wheels around on the net but they are more than I would like to pay. The 13" wheel I swapped off my wagon feels very small, I have'nt drove it since it stopped about 10 years ago.

i figured out my alternator problem...

and some incompatible datsun parts.

last year a bolt on the alternator mount sheared off in the block.

drilled and tapped(motor still in the car) and all seemed good.

still was not perfectly aligned though...

a few weeks later i found a broken bolt to the bracket (see a few posts above)

upon reassembly this time i noticed the bolt groove / ridge on the face of the water pump severely interfered with the bracket.

a blast with the angle grinder and everything lines up now.

a 280z water pump and the 2 bolt alt brackets on an L20b cover have an interference problem.

Trying out another wheel. It's a little larger in diameter than the stock wheel, maybe a tad too large, but I definitely like the grip thickness.

20140605_164848_zps962fd1a4.jpg

what adapter are you using?  i was thinking of putting a different wheel in my wagon but i don't know which way i want to go with the adapter.

what adapter are you using?  i was thinking of putting a different wheel in my wagon but i don't know which way i want to go with the adapter.

I pulled it from a 720 ST pickup. With the size of the hub, a wheel with 50mm offset/dish will match the stock wheel.