What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

More info on those lights please. Projector halogen? Hella product?  

yes sir, they are the dapper lighting.  I went with the black, no halo, HIDs. Still need to do the wiring. 

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/68589-finally-back-dapper-lighting-575/

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think ive seen your car in the Hayward area, the lack of trim pieces around the grille really stood out to me, its very well done. 

Yah that's likely my car, as I live near Hayward. Also has tinted windows and a roll cage. Probably my Brother driving though. I have pretty bad vision loss so I rarely drive it. If you do see a guy with long hair and a goat-tee behind the wheel, stay clear. Chances are I don't even see you.  :lol:

• Like 1

Driving the 72 Sedan picking up stuff to finish the brakes and clutch and gear oil for the trans.529C1806-D0C6-4889-8B7C-EF9161073611.jpgC58146B4-0AD9-4739-B71A-B7AE0949D88B.jpgCD212DE1-7C26-42EE-A381-90796263901C.jpg

And as always, enjoying the ride.

Does just driving your Dime count as "doing" something to your Dime?

• Like 2

Nothing, just grab a clean microcloth with some rubbing alcohol to clean the surface, the trick is to get a bucket of warm water and get the can of plasti dip in it to warm it up, shake well, then...

-apply 1st coat very lightly.

-wait 2-3 minutes.

-apply 2nd coat little bit more but light on the edges where you have to peel the masking tape.

-wait about a minute.

-apply 3rd coat evenly in the entire surface.

-wait about a minute and a half.

-apply 4th coat, go smooth and evenly.

-if the 4th coat is satisfactory to your eye test then proceed to peeling off the masking tape very gently and at an angle, don't peel straight upward, do so in an angle opposite to where the painted area is to avoid pulling plasti dip with the tape, there's great tutorials on YouTube that teaches really kool tricks, it's an awesome product, I did 4 coats and it's solid, the rising sun on my hood has a year on there and it looks like I did it yesterday.

Very important...let it cure 24 to 48 hrs dependent on weather before you start driving around.

• Like 1