What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

Happy Easter everyone, It's very wet where I am so gonna keep her in today. But I picked up my stock struts from the welder fella so I can sort out all of how I will go about shorting them to take a 280zx insert. After that they will go on my goon. Just did not want to leave there then and come back and find out they did something wacked out.

• Like 3
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also very wet here! Hoping to get mine running smooth again! Pics and vid to come! Damn work on Easter!

I know that, I wish I was here all the time to get every thing working and thin down some other things so it's not so piled up but gotta make that money while it's there to make. Good luck on yours.
  • Like 1

I dig the idea of having the marker light /starter button. But with it on your shift knob wouldn't it be pushed when the car is already running? Is there some sort of cut off so it won't try and engage while driving? Just curious

I actually planned for it. I installed a second momentary toggle that's triggered by the pinky, and both switches need to be actuated to engage the starter.

• Like 2

Trying to get my car out, Cuda has to charge some to crank. I did crank the 510 though. Soon as I get back gonna get the Cuda out then pull out the 510 and drive her while i am home. It's to nice a day to let her sit.

• Like 2

After looking at the stock struts I plan to shortin and the 280zx struts I have the nuts or parts that hold the insert in the strut I see the 510 is different than the 280zx.

71747D00-CB15-4B5B-986B-BC738FB07236.jpg

B87CAC13-3903-4316-9B30-A11716C4197D.jpg

The one on the left is off the 510 the one on the right is off the 280zx. I would like to get two like on the right because that would allow me to get the strut a little shorter ( the same as the 280zx). If I remember the new inserts I bought had new ones like on the 280zx strut with the inserts but I may be wrong, If they came with some I most have put them somewhere just can't remember where.

Did this, not going to call it welding, that would discredit anybody in the world that actually is a welder. First 3/4s of it I didn't have any gas for my welder. Finally picked up some gas and WOW, people told me it would make a huge difference.  I thought they were just exaggerating, but they weren't.  Please no critiques, I know I suck.

J9XCz8W.jpg

Did this, not going to call it welding, that would discredit anybody in the world that actually is a welder. First 3/4s of it I didn't have any gas for my welder. Finally picked up some gas and WOW, people told me it would make a huge difference.  I thought they were just exaggerating, but they weren't.  Please no critiques, I know I suck.

It's great how the price of welders has gotten cheaper, Wish tanks would do the same so people wouldn't be stuck running flux core.

• Like 1
149CE3E4-BED1-4611-852C-A2C1723DA92E.jpgTook a look at the old matchbox distributor and noticed that one of the for points that line up on the center part on the spinal and the part around the center part looked to touch. I take it that if these parts touch then you would have no spark.

After looking at the stock struts I plan to shortin and the 280zx struts I have the nuts or parts that hold the insert in the strut I see the 510 is different than the 280zx.

71747D00-CB15-4B5B-986B-BC738FB07236.jpg

B87CAC13-3903-4316-9B30-A11716C4197D.jpg

The one on the left is off the 510 the one on the right is off the 280zx. I would like to get two like on the right because that would allow me to get the strut a little shorter ( the same as the 280zx). If I remember the new inserts I bought had new ones like on the 280zx strut with the inserts but I may be wrong, If they came with some I most have put them somewhere just can't remember where.

you want to make sure that the gland nut captures the shoulder of the insert so it doesn't 'walk' in the strut housing.  what inserts do you have to install?

It's great how the price of welders has gotten cheaper, Wish tanks would do the same so people wouldn't be stuck running flux core.

It's like $100 for the tank around here. Mid-size tank that is.. and you own it. About $20 to fill... not terrible.

Grind it down, seam seal it.. be done. Who cares what it looks like in this situation. Good work!

• Like 1