What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not as much as what I did as what I got - I was at the Lynnwood PnP and they'd just put an '87 E30 out and it had really nice black comfort seats. I didn't waste any time and got them out and even got a little discount with the sale they have going on right now. No, they're not the convertible seats but I think they're a better match. Now I just have to get them installed and find a new home for the blue pair I'd gotten not too long ago.

20140320_153737_zps6f30225c.jpg

• Like 1

Going to be driving the 510 from sunny So Cal to Kingman, Az. Saturday so I thought I would change oil, check stuff out, etc. Found the rear u-joint to have some movement in it, replaced it. Looked at the fuel filter that's between the tank & electric pump to see some debris in it & realized that there are intact flies in the filter. How in the hell....?fuelfilter_zps6bb1f632.jpgfuelfilter2_zps3441f7e8.jpg

Also, tried to fix the wipers, no luck. If you turned them off, the keep going. Pull the switch out partially, they stop. I think it's in the motor timing switch. Need to figure that out.

Nice score! 

Anything else worth checking out? I havent been to any of the local yards since I moved to this side of the water. 

There isn't too much out right now but it really just depends on what you're after. There is that L16 long block plus a few other 70+ 510 parts in the back of the one truck but most things have been picked over by now. They do put out about 150 cars a week, so it's worth checking their inventory now and then.

There isn't too much out right now but it really just depends on what you're after. There is that L16 long block plus a few other 70+ 510 parts in the back of the one truck but most things have been picked over by now. They do put out about 150 cars a week, so it's worth checking their inventory now and then.

Might roll over just to check it out. Thanks!

today I drove it on a fun run to an old covered bridge and old restored gas station 

it is a state park and for a small fee you can pull your cars down by the old station and have a pick nick lunch photobucket-9230-1395549707424_zps082123photobucket-2419-1395549694901_zpsf1584ephotobucket-9741-1395549678106_zps0d1931photobucket-11233-1395549657482_zps79c99photobucket-6143-1395549642665_zpsce2dc0

• Like 2

Did a 700 mile road trip from Anaheim, Ca. to Kingman, Az. & back in the 510. Started having lower RPM ignition problems with the old Mallory point distributor about the time I got to my mom's place. Once off the 93, had 2-3 miles down paved/dirt/wash-board road, then 1/4 mile soft dirt driveway with 2 washes to get up to the house.

40west_zps52badebf.jpgmomnjules_zps29fbcded.jpg

• Like 2

Installed the ignitor (thanks, eBay!) on the SR20DET and spent a while trying to get it to kick over.  Apparently, the injectors aren't behaving, because it'll kick over (vroom!) when I dump gasoline in the intake.  And since it's ALL of the injectors, I'm guessing it's a power line or ground for the whole bank of them.  Fun fun.