Blue Lake 2009: Aug 9

ggzilla

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if no one got picks of my truck im gonna be like... WTF? i mean c'mon Right in the nuts!

lol jk

it was so funny when the guy who owned that blue 620 got pissed cause RICK RAT won 1st place.. hella poor sportmenship.. congrats rick..

that guy should also put a fucking manual in that truck, he's down right retarded for spendin 2 grand on a fuckin auto trans..

anyway i think everyone had a good time, cept that sore loser.. haha

He is a member of Ratsun. Talk to him at Canby. Looks like he did some improvements since then. But, its the votes that counts. Its not our fault that people liked Rick-Rats's red 620 better. Hes just sore because Rick-Rat took first place at Canby too.

Looks like everybody had a good time. Sorry I missed it, AGAIN! (lol)

GREAT PICS

Larry

I'll try to say this as politically correct as I can......

IN MY OPINION there were a couple awards given that should have gone to other people. There were nicer trucks there.

As for the drawing of the raffle tickets, I agree with mike. As to the amount of tickets bought by one person, I think it was great that some people were generous enough to buy a shit load of tickets to support those who put this event on. Those raffle prizes are donated and the club makes their money with these sales. These funds allow events like this to take place. If you have a complaint about not winning enough matchbox cars or salt and pepper shakers, buy more next year so you can support the events you love to attend and quit your bitch'n.

OK, on the raffle.......... I have been to runs that it was like that. Years ago (1978 at the NAMTO Nationals) and recently. In 1978 two guys won almost everything and it bugged Me for years. I still remember it. Winning stuff that they would NEVER use, like Ford Courier parts, Chevy V8 parts, etc. when they owned a Datsun.

Years later somebody explained it in a manner that made sense, which is why I am posting it here. The promoters of the run have only one agenda on obtaining and having raffle prizes........... TO PAY FOR THE RUN.

Yes, it IS a bummer when a few individuals keep coming up and winning. I saw the same thing a few months ago at the Laughlin Weekend Of Wheels run. Yes, it bugged Me. That's just being honest.

But think about this.......... The MORE tickets SOLD, the more that the promoter will be able next year to have the run. Bottom line.

Like it or not, raffle prizes are to PAY FOR THE RUN.

That's My 2 cents, hope that gives a different prospective.

:cool:

if it was so funny when the guy who owned that blue 620 got pissed cause RICK RAT won 1st place.. hella poor sportmenship.. congrats rick..

that guy ... he's down right retarded for spendin 2 grand on a fuckin

sounds the guy at canby with the testarossa flared 510 :lol: :lol: :lol:

i thought he was gonna cry.

some of you guys sound like cry baby's:(. obviously they did not mix the tickets up very well. maybe instead of crying about it you should send them a MATURE letter telling them how you feel and how they can correct it for next year!:)

I E use a box you cant see through mix the tickets better dont pull out a ticket and put it back in ( of course you do have to take in to account that the little girl was around 4 or 5 years old) and you could suggest not having a 4 year old pull the tickets.

also weren't we all there for the cars/trucks?

ps since my car is now an award winner is it worth more money! lol

dont bust out that fuckin cryin shit come on, we aint children dont talk to us like we are, you got some good ideas tho, an maybe they should use all 1 color like they usualy do instead of "red an blue" i think a bigger, non see through box with some all 1 color tickets and maybe a random person draw the tickets, since theres 3 rounds, maybe they can pick someone from the crowd..

for th subject of the raffle be honest if you win you say to yourself "what am i going to do with this"...who cares its all about hanging out chatting with people and seeing some stuff that might solve an issue you are having

i am glad to have meet some people i have not meet before and seeing the ones i have seen before

it just a car dont take yourself to serious and life will flow much better