Blue Lake 2009: Aug 9

ggzilla

Guest Rick-rat

Jester,

Please don't hide behind being "politcally correct", say what you think, I thoght that the silver 520 was very nice, but I had nothing to do with the judging. You won't hurt my feeling if you didn't think my truck should have won then just say so.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick-rat

I had a good time looking at all the other peoples cars and trucks to get some ideas for what you may want to try on your own rig and to see the passion for all the people that show up to show what they have done. If everyone had the same taste it woulb be a pretty boring show

i think rick deserved it, big time, his truck is VERY clean, one of the nicest 620s i've ever seen.. plus he drives a long distance to make the shows, that shows not only is it pretty, but its reliable too.. congrats again man! an ya that silver 521 was clean too, there was a red one there i liked also but i didnt care for the wheels much..

except they towed it in, and then drove it from the trailer to where it was parked. How ratsun is that? Last time I checked these cars were made to be driven

The reason he didn't drive it was because he didn't have time to get tags on it. and he just got it running the day before. Would you really drive with no tags past that all black dodge charger sitting at the main entrance? :fu:

I didint make the trip this year, I did a show up here in the Seattle area. Closer to home.....Looks like some cool rigs though,,,,I really like that Red 510, with the sliding rag etc,,,, I hope he won best of show,,,it sure looked like it deserved it,,,very well put together car...

lol :fu::fu:

Maybe so, maybe i was asking for the wrong kinda temp tag? they probably thought i wanted one like the dealer gives you at a new car buy or something. who knows

maybe the people at your DMV just really really hate there job, and the only joy they get in life is screwing with you :D

if I worked at the DMV is F with people all day long :fu:

Rick: I don't have ANYTHING against you or your beautifull truck. I looked at it very closely at Canby and even talked to you about your truck. Heck, you were parked right next to me. :D:D

Even though he had Duct tape covering the speaker holes, yes, the goregous silver 521 would have gotten my vote, but, that's just me. Sorry if I offended you in my comment. Didn't intend to.

The reason he didn't drive it was because he didn't have time to get tags on it. and he just got it running the day before. Would you really drive with no tags past that all black dodge charger sitting at the main entrance? :fu:

yup. I'd drive it in. It's all about having a clean driving record and talking nice to the police. The spirit of Ratsun is to go for it!

It wasn't the only car there with expired tags, and we all know weve driven that way.

yup. I'd drive it in. It's all about having a clean driving record and talking nice to the police. The spirit of Ratsun is to go for it!

It wasn't the only car there with expired tags, and we all know weve driven that way.

we'll expired tags wasn't even the half of the reason why it didn't drive in.... Whats the big deal if it drove in or not? it was there!

they could have done a lil better with awards as in

620s

521s and ect........

those judges were down to the nidey gridy....seal, rust ,interior to win it had to be flawless and like canby rick rat filled the ticket......awsome 620 and a real showtruck.....

as for the 521 i feel the same way ....amazing ...521s are older and really the only differnce to me is age..besides its a 521.....defentaly a real show truck also.....

nice rides guys

I just got home, made an extended trip out of it. In two days may Datsun took me 516 miles (826 kilometers). Went out to Hood River and looked at some Datsuns.

Bleach and everyone who missed it, this was the best Blue Lake in years! A lot of cars showed, the most since Canby split off. interesting and varied. I took about 240 pictures. Here's some more.

Euro Sedan with Advan Wheels

DSC08130.jpg

Doug bought this blue 1200, made the deal at Canby, and drove it to Blue Lake

DSC08131.jpg

Nissan Cubicle

20090809120939DSC08216.jpg

Tweety got some new features

DSC08260.jpg

Jerry's 1959 bluebird for sale

DSC08263.jpg

Edited by ggzilla