1962 Wagon!

I know where I should have posted this, but this is more show and tell to me...

Someone has a 1962 wagon on Atlanta's Craigslist for $7000.

"Datsun '62 - $7000 (gainesville)

Datsun '62 station wagon, origional condition, 3-speed manual.Running good."

3k53m83pfZZZZZZZZZ92me8eb8ea6f0f710f3.jpg3m13pe3lfZZZZZZZZZ92m347e7a725f0f14df.jpg

Edited by ezcruiser
No a-holing today...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I talked to that guy for a while, he originally priced them to me for 1000 but the next time I talked to him he said his wife wanted the price to be 1200 because she saw how much interest they were getting... Oh well, I reallllly wanted them! One guy came and picked up all of the others for one money apparently the day he posted the ad, guy drove 5hrs and spent somewhere near 3k on 6 datsun 510s!! What a deal!

Yes, North America got a handful of 311/312 wagons. That one is a WPL312. If it had bucket seats, there were only 162 of 'em and all sold on the East Coast.

SWEET! score one for the east coast.. Finally a leg up on something Datsun related!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Holy Crap that thing is freakin cool!!!!!:cool:

After someone buys it and gives it to Icehouse..someone else needs to steal it from him and leave it parked on the street in front of my house...so I can hide it in my garage.:D

I have always loved VW Squarebacks (stationwagons), especially the older 5 lug ones (pre-65) but this thing way cooler! I would give this guy every penny that he is asking if I had it to give.

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, talked to the owner today about his wagon. It is a Mexico car and is still in customs. He was told that he can come and pick up the car in 10 days, in which he is having it shipped to his home. So yeah not a US car to begin with and it's pretty rare in Mexico. He said he is the 3rd owner and the car was painted and had the motor rebuilt 4 years ago. He had a hard time with English so some things were hard to convey about whether the car had been wrecked if it had a clean title among a couple other things. He said he has someone waiting with cash when the car gets there, but whoever is first gets it.. Where's your, I mean MY check book, lol!

He just called me and asked if I got his pictures. He sent me some more pictures of the exterior and one of the instrument cluster. He also has a 70 510 that is pretty clean but it carries a hefty price of 5500.

I didn't know it was on ebay.... he will probably get more than 7000 there!

He claimed to me that only 120 something of these wagons made it to the US which is probably true!

From what I can tell the motor is either a 1200 E1 or a 1200 1 L with the 3 on the tree.

He wanted to know if I would give him 7000 over the other guys 6000 without seeing it or anything, he isn't very good at negotiating lol. Unfortunately I believe I'm in for just pictures and the educational aspect.:cool:

I'll post up the other pictures later!

Well I'm watching the auction take place... 15 minutes left and it's at 3550.. No reserve, no real description, just the car.. I'm not sure the seller knows that it's a legal contract and he has to sell it to the highest bidder. I bet the guy that offered $6k is gonna be mad!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250387009129&viewitem=jizzom