SR521 Build Thread - 808 Style!

808DA6

set backs suck...:mad: but hey when your ready I'd be more than willing to take those SSR wheels off your hands :lol::D

Clayton

Nice try braddah Clay!

Hopefully I get some hours in on the 521 this week. Didn't expect to be this far behind.

-Brian

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice try braddah Clay!

Hopefully I get some hours in on the 521 this week. Didn't expect to be this far behind.

-Brian

DAMN.... it never hurts to try :D I cant wait to see it in person. great work Brian

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Haha! Nope. They tried, but couldn't keep up. Vtec kicked in yo! :frantics: :fu:

Sorry for the interweb silence. The truck is coming along, but very slowly. No new pics, but there is some news. Got my hands on another SR. Complete and bone stock. This motor will go in the truck instead of the beast. Not sure what I'll do with the built SR. Only time will tell, but there IS a 2dr dime for sale down the road..................

-Brian

Haha! Nope. They tried, but couldn't keep up. Vtec kicked in yo! :frantics: :fu:

Sorry for the interweb silence. The truck is coming along, but very slowly. No new pics, but there is some news. Got my hands on another SR. Complete and bone stock. This motor will go in the truck instead of the beast. Not sure what I'll do with the built SR. Only time will tell, but there IS a 2dr dime for sale down the road..................

-Brian

you know you want to put thar engine in a 1200 like your old one

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mr. Klotz is gonna have to help me out w/ this update. :)

Mike hooked up some machinist skills and we got my HB hubs turned down. Then he warmed up the mill and drilled out two 6x5.5 rotor hats. Art. The hats are as hub-centric as you can get. Can't wait to get them on the 521.

-Brian

LOL! I told Brian I'd have these up before he got home...guess I missed that by a bit. I should put this in the machine work thread, but since I'm here :)

Brian brought over blank Wilwood top hats. If we had trimmed the hub to fit the center hole, we wouldn't have had much hub left. So, we decided to turn them to the same diameter as the 720 hubs and open up the top hat to match. I put a 45deg bevel on the backside of the hole.

100_2328.jpg

100_2326.jpg

100_2327.jpg

Also had to turn the outer diameter of the hub down so that it would fit inside the top hat.

100_2329.jpg

100_2330.jpg

100_2332.jpg

I was pretty pleased with the fit....there's not even a .001" of slop in either set :)

100_2331.jpg

The rubber band and dowels are to line up the top hats a bit. The snout on the hub was long enough to register both top hats together. I clamped it to the mill and between the two of us, we managed to get the drill centered in the holes pretty nicely!

100_2333.jpg

100_2337.jpg

A bit of vid showing the fit :)

th_100_5597.jpg