SR521 Build Thread - 808 Style!

808DA6

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mahalo cuz! Goin be knutz, but goin take a while before its pau. I still have to order the wiring kit, fuel lines and brake lines.

Small update: I finalized the design and placement of the trans x-member. It tucks nicely pretty high against the floor so as to clear the exhaust that we'll run. Motor got pulled again so that I could clean up the engine bay and remove more misc tabs/suspension stuff.

Sorry. No photos this week.

Next week: Finish engine bay clean up. Lay down a layer of Rustoleum (however the f@$k u spell it.) Do the final welds on all the mounts. Re-install the motor to mock up the steering column and steering rack.

Mahalo for all the positive encouragement. On a slip note, the truck won't be at Canby this year. I forgot about Canby wen I booked my summer trip home. Gonna be out of town.

-Brian

Ho cuz! Cheeeeee! Spahk all da hawaiians! Wassap braddahs. Mahalos again er'ybody. Oh and since get pleny new faces, here's what the Dat looked like in '08:

DSC00281.jpg

The swap goin be all balls. No paint. No hammah and dolley. Nothing. I not even goin fix da rust hole on da innah fendah well.

Oh, and for the braddahs, I found one pair bumperettes in Kalihi Valley a few years ago so this 521 get safety check tags!!! Hahahahaha!

-Brian

Sampo pics of your rides boss? Look like one good line up. Eey! U know who's the guy selling the blue 521 that's on Craigslist? Buggah pretty cherreh, but expensive.

-B

ehh you know how it is back here... fukkas tink dey get gold.... i stay jealous checking portland craigs get some nice 510's out for cheep. anyways i thinking of farming my wiring out to DR tweak from phoenix tuning. kinna expensive, but should be drop and done.

oh and BTW brah mean da 521. i was gonna say ya need some panel alignment but guess u gonna rockum ratty :D

Most of the united states has an accent of one kind or another but typing regular English has to be one of the most basic courtesies.

You guys all seem really nice I mean no offense personally but reading that is so annoying it's right up there WiT PeOple DaT TyPe Lik Dis. :rolleyes:

But hey to each their own.

Edited by 72240z
nice work man, and wow, seems we got a big influx of people from hawaii. If the super ferry ever gets back into operation maybe ill come meet you all.

:-/ No Super Ferry. WTF? Poor commuters have to revert back to flying interisle again. Oahu guys will have to revert back to street racing. Maui peeps will have to revert back to expensive assed bread and milk. The "system" just can't find a way to keep good things going.

Braddah Sanity, where from u stay?

(Anway, Mr. Sanity, where about do you reside?) Hahahahaha! j/k.

-Brian

• 4 weeks later...
:-/ No Super Ferry. WTF? Poor commuters have to revert back to flying interisle again. Oahu guys will have to revert back to street racing. Maui peeps will have to revert back to expensive assed bread and milk. The "system" just can't find a way to keep good things going.

Braddah Sanity, where from u stay?

(Anway, Mr. Sanity, where about do you reside?) Hahahahaha! j/k.

-Brian

oahu, currently in waianae, cheaper housing costs leaves more money for datsun parts :D

so whea the update stay? my corolla is running :D YAY!!!!....

Rajah! I'll take some pics tomorrow. Not much to report tho. Got the crossmember built and semi-mounted. I'm waiting on some thick-wall, 3/4" OD tubing so I can sleeve the x-member. Once that's done, I need to figure out how i'm going to secure the steering rack to the x-member.

So how do you like the 20V? Buggah must scream uh?

I really like those wheels.

Thanks. I've only seen one other set so they're pretty rare.

Sweet build so far. Keep up the good work. Hopefully it gets done/drivable before Canby I wanna see it. :)

Its right in Tualatin at Altered Motives. Swing by one of these days. Most Thurs and Fridays, i'm there working on it. Wen its done, it'll be at RR on Saturdays.

oahu, currently in waianae, cheaper housing costs leaves more money for datsun parts :D

Rite on. My parents live in Kapolei. I goin be in town in June. Lemme know if you like cruise. Shootz cuz.

-Brian

Rite on. My parents live in Kapolei. I goin be in town in June. Lemme know if you like cruise. Shootz cuz.

-Brian

yeah im down, give me a call when your in town 803 361 3227

• 2 weeks later...

So how do you like the 20V? Buggah must scream uh?

go ask kimo about it :D i think he blew his wad when he shifted into 2nd right before the 4 way stop on anoi and keaahala from my moms. it's fun. throttle response is awesome. got my first receipt from Keoni Law. exhibition. stupid rookie said he heard me rev the motor and gave me a ticket. gotta go court 6/9 and tell the judge i miss shifted because this the first standard car i drove since i started driving ;)

BTW no forget call us when u stay.

• 3 weeks later...
Icehouse, how would the shift in location/style of the rack affect it?

Was thinking of doin a rack setup on my 521 aswell so your comment is making me think more about it. My thought was that if it can be mounted, is the right size, and orientation regarding the input shaft/steering column..itd work fine. Am i missing something?

Some cars have the steering arms going to the front of the axle centerline. Some have the arms facing rearward. If you were to try and mount a rear of center rack on a front of center car you would go left when you turned the wheel right.

Hey Brian, look at the rack from a MGB. ;)