SR521 Build Thread - 808 Style!

808DA6

That's funny it comes across that way, cause I think I'm fairly unwilling. Has to be the right person, the right project or enough $'s to make it worth my while! :) I'm sure there's more than a few guys out there that feel completely opposite of you. Brian is one of those "right" people and his project was rather interesting :)

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of updates.

Layed a Fly-line grid ensure the right UCA matched to left down to a 1/16" and 1/2 a degree.

IMG00122.jpg

IMG00123.jpg

Todays work: Its cool that I can actually steer the beast again.

IMG00127.jpg

IMG00128.jpg

IMG00129.jpg

Also finalized the welds for the front suspension this week. Will be ordering calipers next week. Wilwood 6-pistons. Menu for next week includes: caliper bracket mock, take driveline measurements and place order, tack weld the motor mounts and possibly final weld them, cut carrier bearing x-member and fab a drop out. That should be plenty for now. Counting down to Canby.

-Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Losing sleep on this. All that's running thru my head is

CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY ..............

pics this weakend. promise.

Losing sleep on this. All that's running thru my head is

CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY CANBY ..............

pics this weakend. promise.

Then JCCS... :D :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

I did promise didn't I. Well, pics are pics (even if they're schitty cell pics.)

This is how she'll stand:

IMG00134.jpg

Like I said, schitty pic. I had the whole truck on the ground, but there wasn't enuff room in the shop to take a good pic. Looked good tho. After standing around it for a few mins I put it back up in the air and started in on the brake situation.

IMG00136.jpg

IMG00141.jpg

These were only mounted on plexi-glass for position. The real ones are being machined out of 5/8" steel at Xcessive Mfg right now.

-Brian

• 3 weeks later...

Updates:

5/8" steel caliper bracket - Done! Xcessive Manufacturing did an awesome job.

IMG00146.jpg

Assembled shots:

IMG00149.jpg

IMG00150.jpg

Tight fit...........

IMG00154.jpg

And the best shot of all............

IMG00152.jpg

Also managed to shorten my "temp" driveline. Its a wagon piece so its only temp. Not strong enough to survive full boost once the motor is broken in. Then again, the rear-end will probably also blow up, but oh well....

-Brian

Updates:

5/8" steel caliper bracket - Done! Xcessive Manufacturing did an awesome job.

IMG00146.jpg

Assembled shots:

IMG00149.jpg

IMG00150.jpg

Tight fit...........

IMG00154.jpg

And the best shot of all............

IMG00152.jpg

Also managed to shorten my "temp" driveline. Its a wagon piece so its only temp. Not strong enough to survive full boost once the motor is broken in. Then again, the rear-end will probably also blow up, but oh well....

-Brian

i thought you where not turning up the boost?

No, not immediately. We'll see how crazy this motor turns out to be. I gotta take my intake manifold to Xcessive and have them re-do the TB flange for the Q45 unit. The Mad Scientist recommends me upgrading to 850cc injectors to accommodate the immense amount of airflow that TB will inhale at WOT. :)

-B

No, not immediately. We'll see how crazy this motor turns out to be. I gotta take my intake manifold to Xcessive and have them re-do the TB flange for the Q45 unit. The Mad Scientist recommends me upgrading to 850cc injectors to accommodate the immense amount of airflow that TB will inhale at WOT. :)

-B

are you using a ebay freddy intake or the one that came with the first sr you bought

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

man i wish i had friends that could do machining for me :( still trying to figure out a 4 piston brake setup for my corolla.

still looks good B keep it up... BTW where u living now? i was just in st helen, or 3 weeks ago. wife wanted to do the sparkley vampire thing....

• 2 months later...