Wrecking Yard Report

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone seen any 620's in the Los Angeles  or Orange County area yards recently?  Or can anyone recommend some yards that are most likely to have one?

I am driving up there on Saturday and I wanted see if I can find some parts.  San Diego seems to be in a 620 dry spell.

Has anyone seen any S30's at Wilmington's or Palm Spring's Ecology? Also, does anyone know if that one s30 is still sitting on blocks in Wilmington's Small PYP? Any description on how complete it is? Looking to score a PS fender, rack n pinion and some other misc. stuff..

Most of the good yards are in spanaway tacoma area, most of the ones in oly area have been shut down. Pick a part in tumwater is good, then there's nysqually auto wrecking, not much for datsun though. I guess there's always hammucks private stash too. Pick and pull in tacoma is usually a good hit, Rawlins in spanaway has a few older cars but expensive, as autowrecking in Rochester.

• Like 1

When I arrived at the sherwood yard today, I seen a 720 diesel with the hood up in the parking lot, it was a diesel, so I had to go over there, when I got near it I could smell what was going on, burnt clutch, turned out to be a young gal(Theo I think) that had bought the truck, she and her friend were there to get the turn signal assembly out of the 82 diesel in the yard, but they were having problems, she kept telling me that when she pushed the pedal, the engine would run, but the truck would barely keep going 35mph, I thought she was saying that the engine barely had enough power to move the truck, so she was riding the clutch trying to keep it moving, I changed her fuel filter, but in the end I figured out what she was talking about, the clutch pedal adjustment was so tight, that the pedal was half pushed all the time, and the clutch was slipping just driving down the road, and she kept driving it anyway, it smelled bad, but they had made their destination, so I adjusted the pedal limiter till it released the pressure, and took it for a test drive with her in the passenger side, and she said it was fixed right away.

She pulled her parts she needed out of the yard with me helping a little, she had bought a steering wheel puller, I have not got the patience for that type of thing and yanked the wheel off the column after the nut was removed.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Later when Jason and I had finally gotten all his parts out in the parking lot, she(Theo) was back, I guess her friend had lost her wallet, and they were back looking for it, I forgot to ask how the truck drove, I hope they found the wallet.

• Like 1

wilmingtons small PYP was a complete dud. The only s30 that was there was almost completely trashed and stripped. I did see 2 280zx's there though, one base coupe and a 2+2. both seemed pretty complete iirc. I also went to the Ecology that's close by. Found two s30's. Pretty trashed also. Was battling to get the rack out of one, no luck. It was just stuck in there. :( Failure..

not sure i would go near that 620 if i needed a part its precariously perched there...

Yeah, 720 is a bit iffy also. I'm going to snag a few 720 parts though.. probably sometime later this week. Need to find some new seats also. There are a few rodeo's in the yard.

vancouver pick-n-pull 78 620, got the dash, headliner, windshield w/rubber, retractable seatbelts, and alot of other trim pieces, talked with another Ratsun member Albero or something close to that, also ran into another older guy he got the factory tach outa the truck.

Anyone near the Stockton, CA Pick-n-Pull? There's supposedly a 1982 210 there. Would like to know if it actually exists there and if it's an automatic. Would like to get the entire automatic shift mechanism to use for possible parts should the occasion arise.

On the lot 1/18 row 157.

I wouldn't think so but I believe the plunger under the knob was not decompressing properly. Wasn't sure if a spring in there was crazy or something. Also might've been all the dang goopie lube that was put on the new shift knob that was causing the button to stick. At one point the button even shot out. That was hot. Wiped all the goop off  the plunger, knob and button so it seems to be working now. But I still wonder if it's not a good idea to have one anyway.