People are shitty these days

Guest DatsuNoob

Thank god for tubs. My son came home drunk when he was growing up an got disoriented in the hallway. I found him bent over ready to hurl. I grabbed him by his shirt and pants and rushed him into the can and shoved his head in the tub. When sober I explained why the tub. (I guess I was a failure as a parent for not having this talk sooner, but they grow up so fast. I thought his friends would tell him all about it):D The tub is usually cleaner, it's easier to clean up later, hard to miss and you can't drown in it. Unlike the turlette

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lynch24 that reminds me of this guy i went to school with. He was sick bad, the flu or something, well he had the shits and was puking too. So he gets done shitting and and has to puke real quick so he's praying and low and behold he shit's on the wall! I never laughed so hard when i heard that!

• 4 months later...
There was a guy in Corpus Christi, Texas who would hold a sign that read

"HOPELESS DRUNK

NEED MONEY FOR

BEER & CIGGS"

It was awesome, allways the same sign... this was back when I Drank, so I would allways give him a couple frosty ones out of the cooler in the back of my pickup..(for a number of years, there was allways beer in the cooler... kind like you dont let the truck run out of gas.. and you dont let the cooler run out of beer and ice)

Now I just give money to the Old Dudes, the ones who you know would have a hard time getting construction jobs or doing construction jobs because of their age..

i saw a guy in san fransisco with a sign saying "homless need money to get a hooker" i laughed so hard at least the dude was honist :D

I've had long hair for a while now. And for not being able to grow a beard I have some fur. And also my step mom kicked me out of the house when I was 17. I skateboard and most of my clothes are ratty with holes in them. So when I was "homeless" [i had some friends who's parents liked to pretend I was one of there own anyways so I mostly had somewhere to stay and something to eat] I used to go to downtown Portland and skate around all day. I didn't have any extra money and never once did I beg for food or money. But when you skate you get sweaty and a little bit dirty so I looked like I was living on the streets. And I was always nice to people on the streets and a bunch of times ladies and some higher up buisiness men [mostly the ladies] would through me a 5 and say go get some food. I got plenty of sandwhich's, pizza's, and misc leftovers handed to me aslo. I also got lots of juice's, soda's, and waters. [lots of places give free waters and wave the 10 cent cup charge when you ask] A couple people would give out $20's. I got alot of dollar bills. I never got very much small change. but I never begged so everything I got was straight from peoples heart, and not from guilt of not helping me when I begged. I always made bus fair and I [for the most part] always tried to save a little bit to have some spending money when I needed it. One time I talked a out of service bus driver to give me a ride from downtown all the way to my house since there were no more busses comming out of the city that night.

but on a more negative note, there are a bunch of people who "look down" on you for being "homeless" even if your really not. well sorta not. either way a lot of the tourists that go to the shopping complex's don't like to see you open the door and walk in. they don't like to see you hanging out front. and they don't like you riding your boards down the street or sidewalk anywhere neer them. You get hollered at, stopped, and sometimes they tell you to wait while they tell the cops you knocked them over. [doesn't happen very often only once to me but its perfectly legal to skate in the portland streets and the cop didn't believe her anyway.] but the vast majority of people either don't care about your existance, just ignore you, or pretend you a regular part of the society. [Once again I wasn't a begging bum but I feel I kinda represented the lower quarter of the economic society] but this is just my experience.

I have never had a bad experience in Seattle though. Everyone has always been nice to me there. Got some food for free and some drinks and a small amount of cash [still no begging]. But for the most part seattle has always produced happier memmories for me. [i like the negative memories just as much because they are more fun to talk about later] Also for some reason the girls in seattle are very clingy. well at least one of the ones that I met there is. when I got back to portland and crashed on my bed and woke up the next morning I had 25 missed calls from her. haha. holy moly. We went only went on one date. I had to tell her she was crazy. and she told me she thought we could have been very good friends.

I have never had a bad experience in Seattle though. Everyone has always been nice to me there. Got some food for free and some drinks and a small amount of cash [still no begging]. But for the most part seattle has always produced happier memmories for me. [i like the negative memories just as much because they are more fun to talk about later] Also for some reason the girls in seattle are very clingy. well at least one of the ones that I met there is. when I got back to portland and crashed on my bed and woke up the next morning I had 25 missed calls from her. haha. holy moly. We went only went on one date. I had to tell her she was crazy. and she told me she thought we could have been very good friends.

HAHA! MacDaddy Atom

• 1 month later...

It is so hard to not get jaded today or even back in the days....people will always try to get over. How often do you hear about the homeless who is begging for change and later on you see him/her buying some booze or cigarettes instead of food...but I try my best to go with the saying below.

"Resolve to be tender with the strong, companssionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant with the weak and wrong..because sometime in our life you will have been all of these"...be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is figthing some kind of battle".

My career which spans about 19 years is about helping others help themselves and it is so eary to get hard or burnt out since people will always try to do the "hustle" on you. But if you don't have compassion then what happens to the human race?

when I was around 24 or 25 I was at the local gas station that has the typical quicky mart attached and on my way in I noticed a olded man kinda ratty looking I passed him by and payed for my gas and on my way out he hits me up for some "spare change" I wasnt working full time then and didnt have alot of money so being the asshole I was then I tell the guy "Hell mister I aint working either, why dont you kick down my way I could use some spare change"...his response " Sorry to hear that son, heres a couple bucks sorry it couldnt be more" WOW I felt about an inch tall, hell the guy doesnt have anything and he is willing to help me out he put the money in my hand and started to walk off. there was a fast food joint behind the gas station so I brought him there feed the guy and gave him a $20 so he could take the train to Sacramento to stay with his brother or something. he explained that in a matter of a couple weeks he lost his job, walked in to his house to find his bags packed along with divorce papers and a letter that said get out from his wife. Not all homeless are drunks or druggies some are GOOD people with crappy luck. so what I do now is depending on how they act towards me is how I decide on if they give them my "spare change"

• 1 month later...

People are generally generous, and alot of time a generous person is taken advantage of...while living in Cal, for 16 yrs, long beach, I saw so many lame ass moochers that it in retrospect makes me sick. People stealing wheelcahirs from the VA, then faking vet status to get bucks. But I will tell you this one thing...I never saw a mexican begging for anything, always something for something, oranges or flowers or some produce. Never ever see asians begging for anything...but you see the lame ass trash out there all the time...I used to see this scum bag begging at the lights every day (smoking of course) and I told the grub, why is it mexicans will work over there at the car wash, and you sit here all day begging? Bye the way he had a brand new 18 speed chained to a post, probably stolen...pathetic bastards

If you see these guys beggin on the offramp, Dont Give Them Money! They will just spend it on thier Addiction!

You won't believe how much they get a day on a very busy intersections and it's tax free.

There's one here by the mall and there's 4 crooks in every corner.

There's a guy who stands by the freeway offramp near my house who stands there with a gas can, and as people pull up to the stoplight he points at his Taurus (the late 90s type) that he needs gas. He is there 3 times a week at least; that's when I see him.

As far as the politicians, that's why I went to the local and county caucuses. I'd have gone to the State convention except originally it conflicted with a museum event that I was a participant in. If you want political change you have to be PART of the political change.

I hear you, but it's a l o n g process, change is. You could end up spending your whole life chasing it, hell you might end up a politician yourself!:fu: Given enough time those politicians would adapt or evolve a defense strategy and you would still be stuck with them and their snouts in the public trough. If you have a rat problem you trap or poison them quickly.

I say shoot 'em all! You say, the lawyers wouldn't allow it. I say kill the lawyers first!:D:D

The truly homeless and destitute care little about who's in power as it doesn't change their condition much. They are used to very little. Politicians can't be bothered picking their empty pockets.

The truly homeless and destitute care little about who's in power as it doesn't change their condition much. They are used to very little. Politicians can't be bothered picking their empty pockets.

the former president ronald reagan managed to make the homeless problem in the US an epidemic with budget cuts back in the 80s. things had been looking better until recently... with a good portion of people losing their homes, life savings, jobs etc. and of course, more budget cuts. where are they all going?

the former president ronald reagan managed to make the homeless problem in the US an epidemic with budget cuts back in the 80s. things had been looking better until recently... with a good portion of people losing their homes, life savings, jobs etc. and of course, more budget cuts. where are they all going?

What the money??? To fight wars half way around the world. To build 2 billion dollar B-1 bombers. Basically to fund the defense contractors that began sucking on the government's tit before the '50s. With the death of the Cold War it had to look elsewhere for a Boogie Man.

Last summer I was driving up 101 in California through Ukiah. At the edge of town there were a couple young hippie kids hitchhiking with packs and beat up guitars.

They had a sign that read: Why lie? All we really need is some weed! :D

strain at a gnat and swallow a camel

funny how people get rattled by a few corner crooks

and they don't seem to mind our crooked politicians or business leaders pissing away billions :fu:

well said... :cool:

that makes it ok for anyone to be a crook

I have better words for our politicians

rattled, not even

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I borrowed a truck and took a load of garbage and scrap metal out of the yard. I was chucking the garbage in the dumpster at work and this derelict young guy comes up and offers to help me. He seems friendly enough but looks like he slept in the crawl space between buildings. Asks if I have any spare change and I say you can have all I got. Reach in my pocket and it's empty 'cause I changed to drive into town. Shit. Open my wallet and hand him a ten and said have a nice day.

WTF? I don't do this sort of thing. I avoid situations where I would be cornered like this and put that 'don't fuck with me' look on my face. Almost never give to charity. I'm just not usually ... generous I guess. Must be getting soft in my old age.

at least he didn't give you some story about needing bus money to go see his mother up in Seattle or Lynnwood. I dont' believe a word they say but for some reason its hard to tell them the truth. I'd like to just say, "you're lying and I know you just want money for cigs or beer so get out of my face you lying idiot."

I just tell them no!

I give to charity but I don't consider liars on the street charity. If they want help to get back on their feet there are places to go that help them. The problem is they have to put effort into it and that's where they fail.