People are shitty these days

Guest DatsuNoob

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In this age of debit/credit cards being taken everywhere....I simply tell them I don't carry cash. Here in Oregon....we can't pump our own gas so we don't get hit up at the pumps like Hainz talked about.

We do, however, have a huge scrap metal problem.....it's everywhere and the meth heads have taken it upon themselves to clean it up. Guard rails on country roads...yep...gotta get those out of there...just an ugly pile of scrap metal....it's only bolted down to try and keep it neat until the meth heads have time to pick it up. Just yesterday, a guy with a 4x4 Toy in the parking lot of HD had an ugly mess of scrap hanging under his truck. So a meth head(I'm assuming that's who it was) took a hacksaw and cleaned it up for him. I'm sure that guy really appreciates not having to take that $50 worth of scrap in himself.....so much easier to go get that new $1500 replacement cat and pipes with that out of the way!!! Yea meth heads!!! Come over to my place....I'll invite you into my shop and donate some scrap metal right up side your head!!!! .....hhhmm....sorry officer...he seemed to be in a hurry so I tossed him the scrap crowbar....I didn't realize he was going to catch it with his head! .....or... I didn't realize his head was in the way when I started drilling!! ...ah...power tools...they're not just for fabricating!!! :) A bullet is only about a 1/4 oz and would solve so many problems......but I tend to think it would be a lot more satisfying to beat that 1/4 oz into their asses with a lead pipe!!! ....

They say it's the quiet ones that bottle it up then explode....no worries about that here....I'm in a constant state of "vent"!!! LOL

Man I saw this bum on the way to mr Dr. appt. today, AND on the way back, he had a different sign each time. On the way there, his sign said "Life could be worse?", and the question mark was as big as the sign... I looked at this guy and I said to myself, "Like what, you could have a fu**in' job?!". I was disgusted... He had his mountin bike parked there, which looked a hell of a lot nicer than my old 80s 5 speed schwinn I ride around! He was ever dressed better than 80% of the clothes I own. Nice shoes too...

Anyway, On the way back from my Dr. Appt, I was driving home, he was in the same spot, bike laid down off the edge of the road (maybe so no one could see it?), and this time a different sign said "Why lie, I need beer"

Whatever. Get a job. vent>

idk man... i've had some hard times myself and i was as appreciative as i could be without actually kissing some of my friends asses but i sure as hell never begged for money for beer (i asked for some help, but sure as hell not for some beer), if it was offered i'd graciously accept. and for the month in my life that i was basically homeless, except for a really good friend letting me steal some of his tiny ass apt while i got my shit together, i spent everyday looking for more work to get more money.

i fully understand that there are in fact people in our society that for one REAL reason or another, they can't hold a job and thus have trouble staying off the streets, but the only people that are like that, should be in a federally funded mental institution or living with a relative. everybody else that's homeless is just too lazy, or making too much money being a bum to give it up. i've just seen way, way too many people being homeless because they prefer it to having real responsibilities or asking for real help instead of a handout. and i think they think that everybody else that actually works for their money should just fork over change and a buck here and there because it's not that important if we miss a dollar or whatever and yea in the long run it doesn't matter, i'm the first person to throw away my money, you sure as hell can't take it with you when you're gone, but at least have enough respect for yourself and show some semblence of initiative. [/rant]

A bum asked a buddy of mine for money a while back and my freind said NO. Bum kept begging for money and then they said "NO, you are just going to spend it on BEER". This bum was honest enough to agree that that is what he really wanted and didnt lie any further. So they went back in the store and bought him a cheap 40oz. and came back out and told him he had to chug the entire thing, if he stopped before it was empty, they would take it away.

YA, He finished the whole thing

Another friend was asked for cigarettes by four cute college age blonde girls. He said sure, gave them each one. 20 minutes later, traffic hasnt moved. They come asking again. This time he asks "Whats in it for me". They go back to their car and talk very breifly, then all turn around to him and flash him. They then come for their cigs, this time he just handed over the rest of the pack.

Jason

A bum asked a buddy of mine for money a while back and my freind said NO. Bum kept begging for money and then they said "NO, you are just going to spend it on BEER". This bum was honest enough to agree that that is what he really wanted and didnt lie any further. So they went back in the store and bought him a cheap 40oz. and came back out and told him he had to chug the entire thing, if he stopped before it was empty, they would take it away.

YA, He finished the whole thing

Another friend was asked for cigarettes by four cute college age blonde girls. He said sure, gave them each one. 20 minutes later, traffic hasnt moved. They come asking again. This time he asks "Whats in it for me". They go back to their car and talk very breifly, then all turn around to him and flash him. They then come for their cigs, this time he just handed over the rest of the pack.

Jason

Wow... Both those stories are awesome!

Back In High School Around 1989 We Use To Go Take The Ferry To Seattle And Hit Pikes Place Market We Would Take Mason Jars Full Of Pennys And Throw Them Down The Sidewalks To Watch The Bums Fight It Was Entertainment For A Good Hr

That might be worse than flipping them a hot quarter off of the end of the cigarette lighter. Burns the shit out of their fingers. No, i was never able to do that to them.

However, if you were throwing the glass mason jar also!! Broken glass and greed for money.

Jason

It's not greed for money. Greed is having more than enough and still wanting more than you need. Those poor bastards need it to survive in their world.

Keep in mind that without family and friends we are all just a couple of paycheques away from that life. Would you feel lucky if someone threw pennies at you or made you drink a forty or traded you some cigarettes for baring your tits? Sorry for the rant but I see people like this every day and although some are undeserving of concideration, many are. The least I can do is not add to their problems.

Guest 510kamikazifreak
It's not greed for money. Greed is having more than enough and still wanting more than you need. Those poor bastards need it to survive in their world.

Keep in mind that without family and friends we are all just a couple of paycheques away from that life. Would you feel lucky if someone threw pennies at you or made you drink a forty or traded you some cigarettes for baring your tits? Sorry for the rant but I see people like this every day and although some are undeserving of concideration, many are. The least I can do is not add to their problems.

Well put Mike.

I do not think that any of them ever wanted to be put in the situation they are in...

... i've said it before and i'll say it again. i was almost in the exact same situation. and like mike said the only reason i came out of it as quickly as i did is because of friends and family. BUT, i know that if i didn't have those friends and family that helped me out, i would have done everything in my power to earn some money and get back on my feet. the fact that these homeless people are admitting that they just want the money for beer doesn't mean we should give them money. the fact that they are in need of money doesn't mean we should give them money either. there are things put in place to help people that need it and are willing to put forth a little effort. there are day labor companies that will provide you with a job, a ride to work, the equipment neccesary for the job and will even pay you at the end of every day if you want. so what part of that is too difficult for a homeless person? it's not like they would have trouble showing up in the morning... they could sleep as close to the front door of the office as they need.

as i've said before, all of my feelings towards the homeless are strictly aimed at the ones that are mentally stable. of course i understand that there are ones that aren't capable of holding a job or making rational decisions because of problems that they can't control. i've personally met and talked to and tried to help them.

just like mike said, we're all only a couple paychecks away from being in their same situation. so let's say i lose my job and instead of immed going out and looking for whatever work i can get to keep my house or apartment and to keep food in my stomach, i decide to just go sit on the corner and beg for change. would you guys be willing to help me out or would you think i was just being lazy? or what if i have a job, and i make enough money to have a home and a car and all, but i'm so terrible at finances that i have no extra cash to buy beer... every week, and i go begging for money for beer. would you give me money week after week for beer, knowing that's what i was spending it on? wouldn't it make more sense to not give me that money to waste and try and help me either not feel like i needed beer or help me manage my money to be able to spend it on something as, it pains me to say this :), something as frivilous as beer?

the only way i would possibly feel sorry for a homeless person is if they never knew better. if they were either incapable because of mental or emotional problems or because they grew up in a strange dimension where they didn't realize that the people they were begging for money were just the same as them.

if their life is really so terrible living on the streets, and they really feel like they have absolutely no way to get back on their feet. i would rather them commit a crime and be put in jail, than sit on the street and beg for money. i'm already paying taxes that fund the jails.

end rant

• 3 weeks later...

At my old job i had to drive through the "rough" part of town to get home, on the way home once, i needed to stop for gas and while filling up, i was approached by a guy wanting some change. Keep in mind, i work in an engineering firm so i have to dress reasonably well (jeans and a polo) but i just drive around a normal s-10, so i dont look like i have money every where. but anyway, bum pulls up to my truck on a bike wanting some change. i tell him i dont have any cash, which i didnt because i live in the debit card generation. he keeps on and keeps on with me, offering me his gold chain, his rings (why would a bum need these things?) and as i am reaching into my truck for my keys (i was going to lock that truck up before going into pay) he sees the pistol i had in my truck (concealed weapon permit holder) i never touched the gun at all, but suddenly he backs away saying "nah nah man, i didnt want no trouble...no trouble here" and all i could think was, if i needed change so bad i would give up gold (his was fake im sure) for it...i wouldnt be scared that some one was going to kill me. perhaps i am completely wrong on my evaluation, but i NEVER give cash to people who ask. if you want to really piss them off, go buy them some food and take to them. if they are really down on their luck, they will graciously thank you for it, if not, they will throw it right back at you...at which time you are welcome to insult them in some way

yeah...it was before i got my good carry holster, i would just have it in the passengers seat most of the time...if i was going to part for a while it went in my "secret hiding spot" which is also where i put it when i'm driving through a "non concealed carry state" and yes...you are right...it wasn't smart to have the pistol in the seat in the rough part of town...but we all do dumb things. i have a holster now...

........... go buy them some food and take to them. if they are really down on their luck, they will graciously thank you for it, if not, they will throw it right back at you...at which time you are welcome to insult them in some way

Naw, pull your gun and in your best Harry accent say: "Do you feel lucky?.... Well do ya, .... Punk?" Then make him eat it. (not the gun)

the line about how much they hate it when you give them food... that reminded me of a funny video i saw online a while back. this guy decided he wanted to help out these two bums, but instead of giving them money from his pocket, or paying for food from his pocket, he called the mcdonalds they happen to be sitting in front of and asked to speak to the manager and said he was calling from the local police station (it looked like kind of a big city) and said there were two under cover police men outside dressed as homeless people and if they could please take some food and a couple of drinks out to them and they would be repaid later. so he give the order, and then gives very explicit instructions that they are not to say a word or get too close to the "undercover officers" and to just leave the bags near them and then walk back inside and it would be a huge help. so then you see somebody walk out and sit a bag and a couple drinks on the sidewalk a few feet away from the guys and then just walk back inside, the homeless guys look for a minute and then decide to eat it. it's pretty damn funny, and if i thought the homeless could handle something like that without further taking advantage i would say all mcdonalds should give out food. but i know better

Handing out Macdonald's 'food' to the homeless is cruel and unusual punishment. When I was younger I rated how bad a cup of coffee was by comparing it to the stuff Macdonald's served. It was truly vile putrid muck. To be honest, it's come a long way over the years and thanks to Starbucks. (but not their insane prices) People are demanding a better bean. I do drink it now and it's not near as bad. I will never eat their crap 'food'. If I am ever found dead in a Macdonald's I guarantee someone dragged my body there.

Handing out Macdonald's 'food' to the homeless is cruel and unusual punishment. When I was younger I rated how bad a cup of coffee was by comparing it to the stuff Macdonald's served. It was truly vile putrid muck. To be honest, it's come a long way over the years and thanks to Starbucks. (but not their insane prices) People are demanding a better bean. I do drink it now and it's not near as bad. I will never eat their crap 'food'. If I am ever found dead in a Macdonald's I guarantee someone dragged my body there.

I FUCKING HATE MCDONALDS... and heres why... i got food poisoning.. i had to shit and vomit at the same time.. good thing the bath tub and toilet were close enough together... an ya.. i puked in the tub.. but you know what.. i wasnt going to puke on the floor or shit in the tub or my pants... i was violently ill and nothin i could do about it... an thats why i will NEVER eat they're "food" again..