Freaky's new 411

LeDevil

so its been awhile since i posted the progress on the 411.

due to lack of work i have been working on the body work.

and wiring for the air ride and stereo. lots of cleaning lol

and as for the brakes the bracket that mike made (is very nice) but not a easy swap 1 thing leads to another move this cut that change this and that damn what a project bit off more than i could chew :lol:

now i need to look in to a bigger MC or one with a booster for better feel in the pedal. and maybe a way to swap out the rear to disc for a more balanced braking. the rear will be the easy part i have done it before. i was also wondering if that bracket the Arron guy out of Portland make would work on the rear of the 411?????????????? They are almost identical hhhhmm

Edited by freaky510
also been working on the 510
  • 7 months later...
  • Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So it has been along time since i have posted on the progress of the 410. Well to be honest i have hit a road block.

As you may know I am trying to put a air ride system under the 410. The back is easy but the front Iam running into trouble. I just don't have the heart to hack it up for the bags to fit. So i came up with the idea to use a Air cylinder but I don't know anything about finding the right ones,so if any of you have some knowledge about this please help me. I think this is taking way to long and really want to get it done so I can drive it.

thanks all

FrEaKy

Hey Freaky whats up brother! how about some fresh pictures man!? ill be back stateside in about 8 more weeks ill have to cruse down on a weekend and check out the 411 keep workin bro!

really havent done much since i hit the road block :(

but here are a few shots

th_411007-1.jpg

justinescameradatsun001-1.jpgis my 510 really that low :blink: nahh its the angle :angry:

datsunlayedout003.jpghas blocks in rear it will be comming down another 3"

datsunlayedout009.jpgstill drives like this :P it is like 5/16 off the ground

my plan is to make it a daily driver out of it....

So the first thing you do is rip it apart instead of just getting it driveable? Okay, it's your car, whatever....

and as for the brakes the bracket that mike made (is very nice) but not a easy swap 1 thing leads to another move this cut that change this and that damn what a project bit off more than i could chew :lol:

now i need to look in to a bigger MC or one with a booster for better feel in the pedal. and maybe a way to swap out the rear to disc for a more balanced braking. the rear will be the easy part i have done it before. i was also wondering if that bracket the Arron guy out of Portland make would work on the rear of the 411?????????????? They are almost identical hhhhmm

Correct. You cannot use the stock brake m/c. You need the 280ZX (or something similiar) as shown in Mike's 411 brake conversion thread. I have to find a m/c that will still allow dual SU's. The 280 m/c is too long.

There should be no need to put discs on the back unless you're into spending more time and money. If anything, you may need to replace the stock 15/16-inch wheel cylinders with 13/16 or 11/16 (readily available) to adjust the brake bias. I bought 11/16, but holding off installation until I do the math.

So it has been along time since i have posted on the progress of the 410. Well to be honest i have hit a road block.

As you may know I am trying to put a air ride system under the 410.

The thread is Freaky's new 411, the pics show a late '66 or '67 PL411, so when did it become a 410? :blink:

The back is easy but the front I am running into trouble. I just don't have the heart to hack it up for the bags to fit. So i came up with the idea to use a Air cylinder but I don't know anything about finding the right ones,so if any of you have some knowledge about this please help me. I think this is taking way to long and really want to get it done so I can drive it.

thanks all

FrEaKy

So what's with the air ride thing? The car's apart, the brakes don't sound like they're finished....

Just trying to understand what you're trying to do that's keeping this car a project.

Pete "yeah, I get the no job/no money thang. BTDT"

the brake problem solved i got a klotz bracket. the car can be driven as for the air ride i just want to do it,don't know why i just do .I have all the stock suspension stuff still. The main thing is I don't want to hack it up to the point if some day i want to go back to stock or if i sale it then the new owner would have a chance to fully restore it. with out trying to find or make new parts i cut out.

and as it being a 410 Tana told me it was a 410 not a 411 soooooo that was her call not mine.

as it being a 410 Tana told me it was a 410 not a 411 soooooo that was her call not mine.

So that got me to thinking last night after i post this. so got up this morning and checked my id tag. and it is tagged as a 411, so who knows lol i sure the hell don't obviously :frantics: :hmm:

"Correct. You cannot use the stock brake m/c. You need the 280ZX (or something similiar) as shown in Mike's 411 brake conversion thread. I have to find a m/c that will still allow dual SU's. The 280 m/c is too long."

Nissan part number 46010-N0110 was the NISMO recommended "Single Brake Master Cylinder" replacement for 510 SU conversions. It fits my RL411 perfectly and is sized for front disc rear drum brakes.

"Correct. You cannot use the stock brake m/c. You need the 280ZX (or something similiar) as shown in Mike's 411 brake conversion thread. I have to find a m/c that will still allow dual SU's. The 280 m/c is too long."

Nissan part number 46010-N0110 was the NISMO recommended "Single Brake Master Cylinder" replacement for 510 SU conversions. It fits my RL411 perfectly and is sized for front disc rear drum brakes.

While I'm not paranoid about it, I'd rather have a dual-circuit master cylinder. That said, what's the size of that m/c, Mike? May be fine for the stock 411 discs, but not the larger G20 calipers I'm installing.

So that got me to thinking last night after i post this. so got up this morning and checked my id tag. and it is tagged as a 411, so who knows lol i sure the hell don't obviously :frantics: :hmm:

No, you do. Don't know what Tana was thinking.

The 410's were 64-65 and came with the 1200cc E motors. The 411's were 66-67 and came with the 1300cc J motor or 1600cc R16 motor. The key spotting feature is your tail lights, which were introduced April '66.

...and you confirmed it by checking the VIN plate. FYI: The VIN is also stamped into the firewall.

the brake problem solved i got a klotz bracket. the car can be driven as for the air ride i just want to do it,don't know why i just do .I have all the stock suspension stuff still. The main thing is I don't want to hack it up to the point if some day i want to go back to stock or if i sale it then the new owner would have a chance to fully restore it. with out trying to find or make new parts i cut out.

Ahhhhh, excellent. It sounded like the brake conversion had not been completed, and the car was not drivable.

Glad you don't want to hack it up. :P

While I'm not paranoid about it, I'd rather have a dual-circuit master cylinder. That said, what's the size of that m/c, Mike? May be fine for the stock 411 discs, but not the larger G20 calipers I'm installing.

I don't know the displacement, but you are right in that this cylinder was sized for the RL411 and early 510 Lockheed disc brake setup. The Lockheed wheel cylinder is a single puck which is of "reasonable" dimension but probably comes up short on displacement compared to what you have planned to install. Good luck, hope all is in running and stopping order soon.

• 1 month later...

everything takes time when you want to get it done right the first time.. i wished i was there to help ya..... :P

keeping my finger crossed, it should work if not i have another idea :blink:

if you where here yea that would be cool you get a kick out if the welder hes a hoot.