Freaky's new 411

LeDevil

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The part number for this is 46010-N0110. Sorry I didn't get back sooner, I missed your earlier question.

P.S. If I lived closer I have 4 good condition 13 inch steel wheels from [i believe] a 310 that would fit your 411 and save you a lot of sandblasting and spraying.

Don't forget to chip through all that crud and lube the ball joints! Bottom ones too. Looks like the rubber snap caps are still in place on the zerk fittings.
nope just grease and they are shot

Thanks for the part # at this rate i should be on the road soon.

The next endevor will be the intior.Going to put all the years of boy scouts and sewing with grandma to use,My daughter and i are going to try to redo the seats. I think theirs enough of the old seat left to get a good pattern. Its been a few years lol but i think I remeber how to do it. lol

The part number for this is 46010-N0110. Sorry I didn't get back sooner, I missed your earlier question.

Mike, where are you getting your part numbers from? The 411 Parts Manual shows 46010-10800 for the LHD 1.3L. I noticed another post of yours where the P/N you supplied isn't listed in my 411 Parts Manual (1967 revised edition).

so as you saw i tore the whole side down and i got it them to work now i hjust need some new brake shoes and iam stopping still thinking about a swap just tryin to figure out the best route to go.I hope to hve some video up of its first roadtrip in 20 years here soon.And thank you all for the info and keep it comming

• 2 weeks later...

So I have been busy working on the 411.I got a stock datsun radio going in today and the wife picked out some wheels.I lowered the rear like 3.5 inches needs to go lower imo. and hit the paint with some buffing .WOW it still shines A co-worker is a detail guy on the side and has been working on makeing it shine :eek::lol:

0207091227a-1.jpg

going to try to lower the rear a little more i will take a shot of it on the ground:lol:

Mike, where are you getting your part numbers from? The 411 Parts Manual shows 46010-10800 for the LHD 1.3L. I noticed another post of yours where the P/N you supplied isn't listed in my 411 Parts Manual (1967 revised edition).

I have 2 sources. I am a pack rat and keep the old parts and the box the replacement came in. The second source is two NISMO catalogs which usually list the then current approved replacement part [usually the metric equivalent replacing the SAE part in the 411 and roadsters]. My brake master cylinder number is what I installed, it fits and works perfectly. Good luck, I may ask you for some odd part numbers if you have the 1967 parts book. My problem with that edition is that unless you have the "red book" paper edition, it is based on the microfiche edition which missed a few key pages like starter partnumbers. I had to educate the Yokohama parts people that the starter was the same as the 2 liter roadster engine and that that was on a separate page and did make it through the microfiche debacle. They had no starters but gave me a parts list of all starter components still in stock, so I was able to rebuild my original unit. "Nissan foreign parts" used to be very customer oriented, not like the Renault idiots. 411s were used as taxis in Greece so parts were available thru foreign parts for many years.

Wow, that thing cleans up nice! It dosent even look like the same car!

:lol::lol:

lol yea it blew me away after a detail guy did the trunk!!! I have only gone thru the frist stage on the side, 2 more to go. also iam looking for a paint guy to ask a few questions so any painters chime on it i have a few spots that i would like to re-touch or re-paint but not rellay sure what method to use i have a minimal amout of experience in paint. i will try to take some pics.

if I was to make it over this month to Longveiw, whats are the chances to get a ride in the 411. even if its just around the block... or maybe to the store so we could gets sum beer..........

the 411 is looking sweet, just doesn't look like the same car. keep up the nice work. :cool:

so the front brakes where just eatting at me.So i tore down a side this morning,I couldn't sleep. And I wanted you all to know iam working on it. I hope to drive it to blue lake and canby.And if I get it done in time i might drive to Bosie for my bro's wedding poor sucker lol.Iam going to try to find some new everything lol for the steering

datsun411020-2.jpg

more pics on photobucket page. HHHHMMMM dics swap????? looks like a job mike :lol:

You need one of these on there

pl410018.jpg

You need one of these on there

pl410018.jpg

Ah! the RL411 front disc brakes. When you go to get new pads you will get really funny looks. Ask for 1968 510 brake pads, they are the same and really do appear in the parts books. These will need the brake master cylinder part number I gave you, its reservoir is sized for the disc brakes.

:lol::lol:

lol yea it blew me away after a detail guy did the trunk!!! I have only gone thru the frist stage on the side, 2 more to go. also iam looking for a paint guy to ask a few questions so any painters chime on it i have a few spots that i would like to re-touch or re-paint but not rellay sure what method to use i have a minimal amout of experience in paint. i will try to take some pics.

411 original paint is "amino acrylic enamel" and lasts and buffs out very well. If you have to repaint, be sure the paint shop uses paint that is compatible with the factory original type unless you strip down to bare metal [i wouldn't do that]. An incompatible top coat will wrinkle, crackle, peel or all three.

• 1 month later...

Okay so it has been awhile since i have posted on my project while was gone of of ratsun(like you noticed) i started some shit on another forum to get some ideas on what Iam doing. so as most of you know Iam pretty flighty when it comes to the Datsun projects

1: spl 311 rust bucket sold it

2: nl320 bought it brought it home & sold it :blink:

3: who knows what ill will do next to it I dont:lol:

and the

4:spl411 i guess iam going to bag it ..........................................................

no i realy mean bagin it

datsun411018-4.jpg

yes those are 2500lbs air bags i have a full air ride set-up going under the 411 I started out with some air shocks in the rear and while i was tring to get all the kinks out I scored a set of air bags,valves,5 gallon air tank and a Viair 380c 12volt compressor

I started with some airshocks they where a little slow for me so we(mech friend)modded them to take a 3/8" airline rather than the factory 1/8" line i was faster for sure

before: th_beach006.jpg

after: th_airride005.jpg

so then i got some lowering blocks for the rear had some U-bolts made and started to drop the front

datsun411010-2.jpg

datsun411015-3.jpgthe jack on the bumper is to get the jack out from under the car:eek::lol: llllooooowwww

datsun411016-3.jpgthe front sitting 3/16" from the lowest point to ground:eek:

so i think i might have to notch the rear I realy dont want to i would like to keep everything so the car could be taken back to stock easily. but for now it looks like some fun.

My wife picked out these wheels thanks 510er

0207091227.jpg

now just to find some rubber bands to fit

So anyway as soon as the weather get better i will pull the car outside and get some more pics for you all sorry i hae kept you all out on this but i need to stay focused on this i get side tracted easy :lol:and i was wonder if beebani(spelled right?) bracket would work on a 411 ooooohhh that would set the front end on the grund for sure but for now iam going with this hight:eek:

and hopefuly i can get a disc brake mount from mike:blink::lol:

untill then i will be making bag mounts(being laser cut now for the rear)and tring to figure out if i want or need to make front arms. also if anyone knows where i can watch a video on a airbagged front end please pass it on their is a ton of rear setups but i would like to see a front set up i just want to make sure that iam going about this the right wat i would hate to make all this up and have the bags in a pinch and blow out.

so then i got some lowering blocks for the rear had some U-bolts made and started to drop the front

datsun411015-3.jpg

0207091227.jpg

Problem using Z wheels is with the lug nuts that came with it (Metric).

I tried and couldn't find SAE lug nuts that will work with the Z wheels.

Unless you remove the wheel studs and replace them with metric.

What size U bolt did you use?

I notice that it's narrower than the 510 wagon ones.

Looking good

so do you think it will be up and opps - dropped/bagged and ready to make the Canby event.

that really looks nice lowered freaky :D

keep them pic's a coming, luving it man :cool:

if i have to push to canby i will as of now the only thing keeping me from driving it is the lack of stopping power lol NO BRAKES lol thats why i keep on klotz lol hes making a bracket for me and the fellow 411 owners to swap to a newer disc brake but yes I plan on Being at canby will the air set up done for sure Iam just waiting on the rest of the kit to show up(compressor and tank)

my rear mount should be here on monday and the front i need to look over a little more i would love to have dropas low as it is in the pic but i need to raise it 2 1/2" for the air bag to fit in front or make a bucket like braket for it to sit in to get it to drop that low when done

Come on all you low rider guys let me see your front Arm set up or some video of your front end in action

as for the front light i took it off so it didnt fall of when i brought it home and yes alll the light are going to change my bro is working on it for me. He out fitts police cars with light and computer crap so Iam hopen he comes up with some cool shit

Edited by freaky510