• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The good news.

Your tail lights are intact.

You have all 4 bumperets.

The front bumper can be straightened out easily.

Your rain gutter chrome trim appears intact.

You have the same lace-on steering wheel cover I have.

The lock coding in under the sliding cover for the gas cap. write down the 4 digit number and give to the locksmith. It's the same key as the ignition and doors.

The bad news.

The left side under door chrome strip will be almost impossible to find.

Watch the rain gutters for corrosion, The gutters are integral with the body and the roof panel is spot welded inside the wet area of the gutter. The gutter also has no drain so water puddles on top of the spot weld areas.

Question. Does your light/choke/heayer bracket have all its fastening studs so that you can reattach it? I have an old one with 3 of 4 studs intact and the 4th epoxied in place [from when I replaced mine with a still in-stock bracket. I can give you the part number if you would like to try to order a replacement from a dealer or nissanpart.com.

Good luck with your restoration

Also, hang on to the brackets for the parcel shelf. You have some of the cardboard left. With a little fiberglass cloth, polyester [both come in boat fiberglassing kits sold in hardware and sporting goods shops] and shirt cardboard you can restore the original appearance and function!

well I cleaned out the intior today. Everything looks pretty good!!! Ian going to start the deep clan tomarrow. All of the gutter molding looks good . As for the Crome on the side its combing off I don't like it anyway. The only real damage is the front fenders and a good body guy could fix them. I think mostly I will need seats or some seat skins I will try to get some more pics up tomarrow.

WOW! The car looks great, So I'll be out your way around 2 on Monday if you have it off. The car does look great now that it is washed almost looks like a totally different car now. Oh yea Lol I got your text about the key being made and I can't wait HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lets make it 3 okay. I went back to work finely woot. So I am on a iPod thing and can't post pics so I will send you with a memory card or disc and if you could post picks I'd like that . I cant see in the trunk with the back seat out damn I was hopping to get a peak LOL. I real think I scored this time the car seams too be real soild not much rust from what I can see. Srry to keep you all waiting for pics but I will take alot of them so when I can it will be worth a look roflmao and who's the go to guy/gal around here I have a few questions and I would like to talk with you please send a contact number if you will. Well its daylite off I go time to clean lol

Edited by freaky510

just good old elbow grease.I want it to dry out a little before i add more mositure

datsun411018-1.jpg

datsun411017.jpg

its a nice 80 deg inside the datsun lol

datsun411015-1.jpg

need to stand up for a bit lol the hood had some rust but i got it taken care of

datsun411014-1.jpg

will start on the back later

datsun411009-1.jpg

datsun411008-1.jpg

more on my photobucket

The circular hole in the floor board next to your putty knife is a factory drain hole. It is normally filled with a rubber stopper. Most auto parts stores can get you a properly sized replacement

lol leDevil and I pulled them out when we gassed up to let some water out:lol:

where could i find some new window rubber i spent about 3 hours looking online and i have not came up with a source for the rubber. Also i have a 1300cc motor what would this be is it a A,U,or an R.Iknow its not a L :eek:.

In cleaning i have found a few old coins and the owners manual(its shot).

also has anyone swapped in a L motor or know of a link on it

thanks all freaky

should be a j13... And a swap is similar to a 521

the truck i have is stamped j1300 on the block and the motor in the 411 says only 1300 on it and i have been told that it might be older than 66 because the way they used to stamp the date at time of sale .a guy i talked to said it could then be a 64 to 65 1/2 because of the motor. but i wouldnt know iam doing a google search now tring to figure out what year it really is. the guy didnt have all the paper work but ooooohh well i got that being taken care of now :eek::lol:

"where could i find some new window rubber i spent about 3 hours looking online and i have not came up with a source for the rubber. Also i have a 1300cc motor what would this be is it a A,U,or an R.Iknow its not a L"

On another posting the part number for window felt was given as H0335-89931 and it was stated as still dealer stocked at around $55 for a large roll. I don't have any part number onfo for the belting strips. Do you need wing window part numbers?

You definately have a J engine, a licensed Austin / MGTD MGTF unit. In an emergency, a MG head gasket fits, but you can still get the original Datsun gaskets from Beck Arnley and others.

first off i have to say thanks to Ledevil for comming up and helping out.So when he got here we opened the trunk ,and sad ,but happy to say we didnt find anything that didnt belong.all the stock stuff was in their tire,jack,and the little cloth nissan bag.So the clutch and brakes aare froze up and i will be working on that for awhile.

th_datsun411003-3.jpg

ooohhh yea did i say all this for 300:lol::eek::fu::lol:

you got that for $300.....i will hate you now

dont hate the palyer :lol: yea i shit my pants when he told me 300 i was on it. shit we towed it from eugune Or. to Longview Wa. with a olds cutlass 4:eek:dr. 400 miles round trip. And the olds is still running strong.

411004.jpg