Freaky's new 411

LeDevil

it will be on the road Tuesday need tags and 2 bolts

woot

well this just hit a big wall. First of I cant get the bolt's I need locally, so a buddy works in Portland and is going to pick it up for me today. :update: just got phone call bolts have been purchased woot!!!!!!

Then i went to the Dmv and they told me i didn't have the write paper work to transfer the car :huh: . So now i have to hunt down the guy and get him to get a bunch of shit in order,and of course he has disappeared :crying:. So i need some help from you Eugene guys If you live in Eugene Or. please contact me i could use some help tracking this guy down I know where he lives/lived.I would like someone to go by for me and give him my phone number.

So tonight we are going to haul it over to the welders and get the rear bags mounted and finish the brake swap (2 bolts). then on to mounting the tank and compressor amps, speakers, and head unit. Yes iam going to finish it even with out the papers i figure fuck it I have got this far no reason to stop now.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well this just hit a big wall. First of I cant get the bolt's I need locally, so a buddy works in Portland and is going to pick it up for me today. :update: just got phone call bolts have been purchased woot!!!!!!

Then i went to the Dmv and they told me i didn't have the write paper work to transfer the car :huh: . So now i have to hunt down the guy and get him to get a bunch of shit in order,and of course he has disappeared :crying:. So i need some help from you Eugene guys If you live in Eugene Or. please contact me i could use some help tracking this guy down I know where he lives/lived.I would like someone to go by for me and give him my phone number.

So tonight we are going to haul it over to the welders and get the rear bags mounted and finish the brake swap (2 bolts). then on to mounting the tank and compressor amps, speakers, and head unit. Yes iam going to finish it even with out the papers i figure fuck it I have got this far no reason to stop now.

So I talked with the previous owners family. Real cool people they are going to do what they can to get the papers straightened out WOOT!!!

They all where totally happy to hear and see what i have done with it .

As kind of a respect thing. I am going to name the 411 after his MOM, who was the owner of the car before she passed. So the next time I talk with him I will find out her name. It never crossed my mind before until I talked with the family and heard some story's about the GOOD TIMES they all had in the "little Datsun".I got in contact with him Thur the viscous circle of the net and phone calls. First i got a hold of his brothers ,sisters,daughters son's wife who put me in contact with with her husbands uncle who put me in contact with his brother :blink: no no it was a wife of the sisters brothers wives sons wife who was married to a uncle who whas the brother of the mom :blink:

shit it was weird but they all knew about the "little Datsun" thats what they all called it

So i get together with my buddy to weld up the rear bag mounts and i was informed that it wont work like i want it to "RIGHT" , it will work but not for very long :unsure: . SO now i need to make a 4 link style rear end.

so back to the drawing board. :lol: too get the damn thing out and put it down on paper :huh: first might help :lol:

Freaky, let me know (please) if you find a source for ANY 411 bushings or suspension replacement parts.

I scored a spare set of OEM Nissan ball joints - Hopefully I can sell them for enough to pay for my tie rod ends, bushings, shocks, etc.

Freaky, let me know (please) if you find a source for ANY 411 bushings or suspension replacement parts.

I scored a spare set of OEM Nissan ball joints - Hopefully I can sell them for enough to pay for my tie rod ends, bushings, shocks, etc.

www.suspension.com

Suspension Restoration Parts Co

319-C Motor City Court

Modesto CA 95358

411 Tie Rod Boots 9-13103 $4 a pair

411 Ball Joint Boot 9-13119 $4 a pair [these are black, graphited]

Site has other materials and colors but I only copied items that at least looked OEM

By the way, did you score both sides, top and bottom, ball joints? I heard that right bottom was unobtainium.

www.suspension.com

Suspension Restoration Parts Co

319-C Motor City Court

Modesto CA 95358

411 Tie Rod Boots 9-13103 $4 a pair

411 Ball Joint Boot 9-13119 $4 a pair [these are black, graphited]

Site has other materials and colors but I only copied items that at least looked OEM

Nice info, Mike.

By the way, did you score both sides, top and bottom, ball joints? I heard that right bottom was unobtainium.

Nope, lower left (driver's side) NLA for at least 5 years. Probably longer, but I wasn't looking back then. :)

• 6 months later...

So after battling thru a divorce and moving to a new house i have finally got the garage cleaned up and the 411 ready to start where I left off. I need to find a replacement clutch M/C and slave cylinder, Any of you have a idea where to find such items? Once i have that taken care of the 411 will be able to go down the road under it own power :o then to finish the wriring for the on board airremount the rear bags, and run the air lines.Then it will be down to reddoing the front seats. wish me luck :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

wishing ya luck. :fu:

thanks Bro!!

So after spending the last few days trying to remember where i was when i left this project. I came to realize i need to make up a 4 link for the rear. Well to be honest i have no clue on how to make one up. I have about 4 hours of reading up and shopping around I found this http://wheelsnparts.com/popup_image.php?pID=189&osCsid=f04e1np684mlbf77j811msm6r7

it looks like to me this is what i should be using any of you experienced peps have a say on this?

yes u shood be using something like that. but as u just said u know pretty much nothing on them. i would suggest u have a shop do it, that being said i know u wont. i woodnt either. ive done quite a few 3/4/5 link setups on various vehicles and if u are really set on doing it urself go out and spend the 25+/- on the book linked below. i own it and reference it all the time it is a great way to learn stuff. it covers linked rears but i find it easiest to read about the a-arm stuff and think of the spindle as the pinion angel when setting up the geometry so u dont have a ton of pinion angle change. ur a lil far for me to help on it in person when u get to it but i will be more than happy to give u advice on here for it if u wood like it. i can already tell u that when it comes to welding anything to the "frame" u will need to plate it to spread the load out so u dont rip the thin material. if u make it bolt on instead of welding use crush sleeves so it doesnt collapse the rails. good luck with it. subscribed! planning to slam mine in a similar fashion but im gonna make a new cradle up front that has tube arms and bag mounts in it so i dont have to cut factory parts up.

c74f06032d59f29116003636c96b59a4.jpg

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/1557880557

hey thanks Erichwaslike i will see if i can find the book reading always helps lol and yes as for having it done at a shop ......not going to happen :lol:

I have a buddy who builds cars as a hobby, so far I have seen him put out 1 of the fastest Mustangs i have riddin in and the Ramotya A toyota on a dodge ram charger frame rock crawling beast . So i wont be going all alone hehehe so off to the steel yard to day at 8am to get some metal and then off to see what i can fuck up today :huh:

well the local steel yard was closed and so i did more planning on what I/We think will work so if i can get back in town early enough on Monday i will grab some steel and start fabing up a new rear end. the plan is to replace the leaf springs with some steel and mount the bag behind the axle. I hope to be able to use all the stock mounts and then mount a pan hard bar to the inner frame rail (yes i know its a unibody)up above and behind the rear tire.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So after Days of laying on the cold concret and cutting up cardbaord and some metal it think i figured out how to get the bags mounted with the least amount of cutting on the 411. My question is whats size bar should i use to make a rear crossmember.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mini-Truck-Bridge-Kit-Air-Bags-Air-Ride-Suspension-10-/220278109489

I am trin to build one of those mounting it from inner frame rail to frame inner rail.