Freaky's new 411

LeDevil

if u are doing 2 tubes and sandwiching the bag mounts between em ur gonna want to use something like 1.25od x .095 wall thickness. anything from there up shood be ok. id also put in some triangulation to keep the bars from wanting to flex where they are welded to the frame, and plate the frame with 3/16 or 1/4 plate like 4 inches in both directions from the tubes to help spread the load out on the rails so it doesnt tear off them. welding tubes to unibody rails without plating never turns out well after time, i will almost guarantee if u dont it will crack the rails around the welds

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if u are doing 2 tubes and sandwiching the bag mounts between em ur gonna want to use something like 1.25od x .095 wall thickness. anything from there up shood be ok. id also put in some triangulation to keep the bars from wanting to flex where they are welded to the frame, and plate the frame with 3/16 or 1/4 plate like 4 inches in both directions from the tubes to help spread the load out on the rails so it doesnt tear off them. welding tubes to unibody rails without plating never turns out well after time, i will almost guarantee if u dont it will crack the rails around the welds

Cool thanks for the input!! i was planning on plateing/boxing the inner wheel as well. Looks like I am off to cut some more cardboard and finish mocking it up I only have a welder for the weekend.

again thank you for all your input it has been alot of help

just wondering wat kind of welder are u using, flux core, mig, tig, 110v, 220v?

I am going to tack evetything with a 110 fulx. then take it over to a buddies and he will weld it up.He has done most my welding. As for his wleder it has gas and no one but him can use it :lol: is all i know about it

hmmm is it wire feed or does he hold the torch in one hand and filler rod in another?

LOLZ It's all wire feed the loaner and the buddies. Got your message thats some nice work you have done there! :thumbup: ! :w00t: !

So the damn steel yard wouldn't sale me just 6' feet of tubing had to buy 20' and i don't want 20'.!.!.

So good Ole Ricky saves the day again hooked me up with some 1X1 not what i was looking for but it will work and it was FFRRREEEEeeee

I got a couple of cuts made last night then realized i was to BUZZED to be working :unsure: :rolleyes: :lol:

So the coffee is almost done and I am off to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the 1x1 how thick is it?

kinda thick I was hopimg to find thicker stuff,but my buddy swears it will work. So spent most the day working on the 411 got almost all the pieces made. As for pics uummm shitty cell phone is all i got and well i havent figured out how to share them yet. my pc wont upload the and my photobucket is being well photobucket lolz

these are all just cut to try it out all will be cleaned and painted

IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg

and look what i ordered LOLz

IMAG0107.jpg

It came in last week to our local library

make sure u get the bag mounts set so the bag top and bottom plate are flat with each other and the bags not twisted or the centerlines off. when completly empty and flat u want it in a static state as far as twist and all that, ur bag will last longer that way casue it wont be rubbing itself in an unnatural way and causing premature wear. just a heads up. a good way to set it up is to put the car on jackstands and the axle too at the hright u want it when the bag is empty. use a few peices of all thread and some nuts and bolt the mounts together at the collapsed height of the bag ur using based on the specs of the bag. set ur bump stops up at the same time so they sit about 1/4-1/2 inch lower so u never ride on the bag all the way empty.

are u gonna be able to get the back to sit as low as the front?

and wat book are we supposed to see?

when aired out they have about 1/2" until fully compressed. No the front is lower :( but that might change. I am really not liking the way this is going together so it might be time to start cutting in to the body:eek:. i need about another 1 1/2" to have the bag sit ON the axle. with them in front they just not parallel to the top. FUCK why did the air shocks quit work arrrggggg

I have a new found respect for all you fab guys this shit is hard with out all the cool tools all i got is a grinder and ban saw

and for the book its "JUMP" by Scott M. Fisher

'

• 4 weeks later...

Well I have been working on it here and there tring to find a welder,had to get a new grinder.now i have all the tools i didnt have. I hope to have all the air baggs installed this weekend if not tonight, then to plumbing and wires.Had a few life issues come up but everything is taken care of now, WOOT I AM A FREE MAN !!!!!

yea I order it in to our local libary. I for got to take a pic of the return card, it has been checked out 20+ times

You have no idea how happy that news makes me! 20 times is great.