New Project 620

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 7/7/2023 at 8:52 PM, iceman510 said:

Darin- referring to those mentioned in the post above for the 1200.  Part numbers 96301-H5950 and 96302-H5950.

Oh ok. Yah it says discontinued on nissanpartsdeal.com. That’s why I asked that question. 

You can buy hub cap clips from US Wheel and Wheel Vintiques. Then either drill holes in the wheels and use #10 screws and nyloc nuts to hold them on or tack weld them. If you have a large lathe, spin the bare wheel in the lathe to scribe a concentric line which you can use to drill the holes. A roto-table on a mill will work, or even a tire balancer and a steady hand.

On 7/10/2023 at 10:45 PM, DARIN 510 said:

Oh ok. Yah it says discontinued on nissanpartsdeal.com. That’s why I asked that question. 

I checked the numbers directly on the Nissan corporate online orders site and it said in stock.  I ordered them and received no notification they were not available.  I should find out next week for sure, as I will pick them up at the receiving dealer then.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, iceman510 said:

I checked the numbers directly on the Nissan corporate online orders site and it said in stock.  I ordered them and received no notification they were not available.  I should find out next week for sure, as I will pick them up at the receiving dealer then.

Nice! How much were they? 

23 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Why in the wide wide world of sports would you only want your headlights on if the ignition is on. No car made is that way.

It’s not the actual headlights. The halos around the headlights are what I wired up. (Running lights if you will) The headlights themselves are still connected to the original switch. 

29 minutes ago, six2ohyea said:

(Running lights if you will)

That's what I was thinking for being powered through the ignition switch - power in the run (key on) position. This has been the standard setup in Canada for a long time, not sure how widespread it is in the US

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

You can buy hub cap clips from US Wheel and Wheel Vintiques. Then either drill holes in the wheels and use #10 screws and nyloc nuts to hold them on or tack weld them. If you have a large lathe, spin the bare wheel in the lathe to scribe a concentric line which you can use to drill the holes. A roto-table on a mill will work, or even a tire balancer and a steady hand.

I don’t have any of those tools unfortunately. Thinking about taking this approach. 

The only thing is I would have to make my own template. Thoughts? 

• Like 1

Not often you see a car these days that does not have daylight running lights. When I drive my 710 I always turn the headlights on. This is because people look and if they don't see headlights they may think nothing is coming.

My pet peeve is daylight headlights should be more than just the headlights, it should be ALL the lights. Idiots get in and start up and because the headlights and dash lights are on with the ignition they drive away without tail lights. 

Pulled the rear window. Hopefully get the headliner soon. Gonna pull the windshield next. 

IMG_8434.thumb.jpeg.ee9178059cb2e86d86077f380c903ae4.jpeg

also… the original paint was blue. It probably wouldn’t bother most but can’t stand how the interior pillars are painted blue with grey exterior paint. I’m going to attempt to vinyl wrap… wish me luck! 

IMG_8437.jpeg

• Like 1
3 hours ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

I know on my 510 there is a switchable aircond fuse wire that is tucked up under the fuse box. not hooked up

maybe a 620 has this also a spare switchable fuse wire

Yeah I had a AC wire that the radio guys hooked up to the radio. I’ll probably have to retire when it comes to using the AC again