New Project 620

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, DARIN 510 said:

Aww really ? I have a real one but it’s pretty worn. Good to know. What’s the bad about it ? 

It’s a brand new steering wheel and a ton of cosmetic defects. I don’t even think the wheel is leather. Maybe I’m just nitpicking but if I’m going to spend $400+ on a steering wheel I would want it to be in great condition. 

1 hour ago, DARIN 510 said:

Oh nice! Love these guys. Been going there for years to get all my powder work done. 

oh really? Nice! They are close to my work and home. So convenient. But looks like they have good ratings. I’m excited to see the finished product 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Yes, it will shrink. Did you use any lube to get it installed? If not, you might have to wiggle it around to make it fit better. I wouldn't trim it until you know for sure that it isn't hanging up in one spot.

No lube. It went in pretty smoothly (on the driver side at least) do I tack this weatherstrip down with adhesive? 

Go to wrecking yard and get one of those glue onto the windshield ones in black. Some have courtesy or map reading lights or use it instead of the interior light. They also have that high beam dimmer that reduces the reflection.

• Like 2

I can say this now because it doesn't matter. Years ago on another Datsun I no longer have I took the ignition cylinder apart and took the tumblers out. Any key will start it even a Popsicle stick. No one would ever guess this. 

Yes, they can usually make one without having one. I watched the locksmith make a new key for my rear window switch on my Cherokee last year. He dumped a 2 gallon bucket of keys onto his workbench, then fished around until he found one that fit, then proceeded to whittle away at it until it worked, which he then used to make a new key. Took no more than 20 minutes.