New Project 620

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, six2ohyea said:

Thanks for all the help. What gauge wire should I get for splicing and extending wires? 16 g? 

Check the wires going to the halo...

I'd get the same as what that is....

16 should be good for leds.. if it was a heavier current draw I'd go 14 or 12.....

35 minutes ago, six2ohyea said:

Unfortunately it doesn’t say what gauge it is on the wire itself or the website. 

MGLLIGHT 5 3/4 5.75 inch LED Headlight with Amber Halo DRL LED Projector Sealed Beam Headlight Compatible with Kenworth W900 Challenger Gran Torino P-eterbilt 352 (4pcs) https://a.co/d/7gQEsjq

You have the light in hand right?.. 

I'd just bring the light with me to a lowes or homedepot and match up the wire size... someone there could probably help you too.  

Or are you ordering some wire online...

54 minutes ago, Gluteus Maximus said:

Where did you score the mirrors and do they work well?  I've been stuck using Amazon universal cheapo mirrors with a wide angle stick on mirror attached to get them functional.  Spent $70 for some Thai mirrors that were pieces of crap and bent back at freeway speed!

Yea the cheapo mirrors I had wouldn’t stay in place when driving. Been eyeing these for a while. Finally pulled the trigger. I haven’t drove with them but you can tell they are good quality. I picked them up online at Z car depot website for $200. Def steep but I feel well worth it. Wondering if nissan still makes them cause the boxes they came in are newer. 

IMG_8348.jpeg

2 hours ago, six2ohyea said:

Yea the cheapo mirrors I had wouldn’t stay in place when driving. Been eyeing these for a while. Finally pulled the trigger. I haven’t drove with them but you can tell they are good quality. I picked them up online at Z car depot website for $200. Def steep but I feel well worth it. Wondering if nissan still makes them cause the boxes they came in are newer. 

IMG_8348.jpeg

It says discontinued on Nissanpartsdeal.com but the dealer might be able to get them from the warehouse. There are a ton for sale on eBay. About the same price $200~$250. Datnissparts.com has a set for $150. Part numbers 96301-H5950 and 96302-H5950. The mirrors are for a Datsun 1200 but will work for pretty much any Datsun. The guys in Japan always use these on their 510s. Factory parts are always best. 👍

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, DARIN 510 said:

It says discontinued on Nissanpartsdeal.com but the dealer might be able to get them from the warehouse. There are a ton for sale on eBay. About the same price $200~$250. Datnissparts.com has a set for $150. Part numbers 96301-H5950 and 96302-H5950. The mirrors are for a Datsun 1200 but will work for pretty much any Datsun. The guys in Japan always use these on their 510s. Factory parts are always best. 👍

Thanks for that info. Is datnissanparts.com working for you? I’ve been getting a “down for maintenance” message for a while now. 

Yah I’ve talked to them recently and the site is getting an update. Should be up soon. Of you would like to purchase anything email to this address vintage@lynchburgnissan.com. They are very helpful and have a ton of NLA parts still available. 

How does the size of these mirrrors (glass area) compare to the original 510 version?  I have one of the originals here, and considering getting a pair of these to try.  They are still available from Nissan showing an MSRP of only $83 (of course dealers and resellers can charge more).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, iceman510 said:

How does the size of these mirrrors (glass area) compare to the original 510 version?  I have one of the originals here, and considering getting a pair of these to try.  They are still available from Nissan showing an MSRP of only $83 (of course dealers and resellers can charge more).

I can measure the mirrors when I get home. $83 Is way better than $200 lol 

11 hours ago, iceman510 said:

What mirrors you referring to? You got part numbers ?

Hey Darin when possible could you give me some measurements of those mirrors please and thanks. Interested in the rectangle portion, the mounting portion, and overall height. When you get a chance of course. I’ve got a driver side, but no passenger side one on my 521 that looks pretty close to those grey ones you got. 
-Pidge

Been doing everything ass backwards on this project. (It’s my first project) Gonna be ordering a headliner. Removed the old one to prepare and I found some rust. 🤦🏻. Should I wire brush before hitting it with rust converter? Trying not to make a mess. 

IMG_8345.thumb.jpeg.016dbb318ff6372d4d6d31b6fb582263.jpeg

22 hours ago, DARIN 510 said:

What mirrors you referring to? You got part numbers ?

Darin- referring to those mentioned in the post above for the 1200.  Part numbers 96301-H5950 and 96302-H5950.

2 hours ago, six2ohyea said:

Should I wire brush before hitting it with rust converter?

Drape a bedsheet over the interior and give the rust a brushing to remove as much loose rust as possible before hitting it with rust converter.

• Sad 1
On 7/6/2023 at 11:46 AM, iceman510 said:

IMG_8383.thumb.jpeg.b24667006ee9f6f38be863a7a7c66ebe.jpegIMG_8384.thumb.jpeg.0d290e8989e4b18b78cae7d5923181c2.jpegIMG_8385.thumb.jpeg.36d14a8793962b6087af0c2f2b53d71a.jpeg

• Thanks 1