Franks new 4 door

Icehouse

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks awesome. Couple of questions, are you guys painting with 2pac?

If yes, are you only using the heat gun to cure the paint? or have you got heaters and fans in there as well?

I'm keen to get a garage paint shop setup, just want some tips.

We did our best to heat the engine bay before painting and also kept it heated afterwards, I'm sure it's not the best practice but we don't really have any choice. We can't wait until summer, in the end there is no way it will be worse than it was :D

Here are a few new pics, the brake lines and suspension are in, luckily we got the old brake lines that the PO took out. He did manage to loose the 1 to 1 valve and the brass cube behind the engine the thing that cuts the flow.... anyways here are the pics.

brake%20lines%20001.JPG

brake%20lines%20003.JPG

Well we spent all saturday working on the 4 door, our goal was to get the engine in and running.... The engine was missing quite a few parts due to the PO, which I would like the thank Hainz for finding us the engine. We decided to use a s12 turbo trans with a KA bell since we didn't have any KA trans that worked, and the car came with a broken one so be basically put 2 and 2 together :D After doing a few engine swaps it's nice to get as much stuff in the engine bay as possible before the engine goes in just to make life a little easier. So we went through the stock engine harness and removed all the BS to clean it up and make it fit our needs. The engine went in at about 9ish, Dillon worked on making a auto trans mount work while Frank hooked up the fuel lines starter and dizzy, of coarse I wired the ECU :D Well about 2am we ran into a problem with the fuel pump which put a holt in the plans to fire it off :( Not wanting to be defeated we sprayed some fuel in the intake just to remind the neighbors who's the man!!

blue%20dude%20015.JPG

blue%20dude%20014.JPG

blue%20dude%20017.JPG

blue%20dude%20024.JPG

blue%20dude%20029.JPG

blue%20dude%20030.JPG

Still needs to be taped but I wanted to make sure I had everything in there first. I know Rob one day I will use relay plugs :D Hey man those connectors are only 7 cents each at Homedepot :D

Bleach the 510 on craigslist is one of Dillon's friends cars, he bought it but wants to sell it and his honda to get a driving datto (good plan if you ask me) instead of trying to save the one he has.

Yeah sorry guys we where hard at work :D We always make goals in the morning and try are damnedest to get them done. Hopefully this weekend will be as productive :D

Built this to connect the zx pump to the stock outlet on the fuel tank. I know what you are thinking :D Is the 1/4" line big enough? yep my truck has 1/4" lines and I have driven it around 50k with no problems. Now if the engine was going to be turboed 5/16's wouldn't be a bad idea :D

lathe%20001.JPG

lathe%20002.JPG

Hey I called you Sat too, but only got your answering message. I figured you were working on a Datsun.

1/4" lines are only good for what? 125 HP? You could make an outlet that is both: starts out 5/16 but has a 1/4" tip, and later cut of the 1/4" tip if you upgrade. Like those cheap plastic filters, but in aluminum instead.

Hey I called you Sat too, but only got your answering message. I figured you were working on a Datsun.

1/4" lines are only good for what? 125 HP? You could make an outlet that is both: starts out 5/16 but has a 1/4" tip, and later cut of the 1/4" tip if you upgrade. Like those cheap plastic filters, but in aluminum instead.

HAHA lets just say they are good for 135 hp :D its 5/16 to the engine from the pump which is good.

Coming along nice guys. How do you guys work in the cold? ;)

haha :D Actually I bet it makes us work faster :D

haha :D Actually I bet it makes us work faster :D

The faster you work, the more heat you produce. I was working in shorts and flip flops today...it was mid 70's here:confused:. Way to warm for January (normal temps are around mid 50's).

She's a driver!! Frank, Hainz and I took the 4 door to Clark the exhaust artist for one of his fancy jobs. Sorry no good shots of his work.... Damn some times I just forget to take pics... He is really fucking good at what he does, I like to call him an artist. For some reason Clark doesn't feel like he is one.... :D

bluey%20004.JPG

Of coarse I forgot to take an engine bay pic.... I wanted to get one after it was out of the canopy but totally forgot...

bluey%20005.JPG

Nice looking rig huh :D

bluey%20006.JPG

bluey%20007.JPG

Clark welding on the new exhaust

bluey%20008.JPG

Hainz sporting his new hat!