Franks new 4 door

Icehouse

Frank picked up this 4 door the other day. The kid started an engine swap a few years ago buy never finished. So it needs an engine among other things. Hainz told me about a free KA which I pick up, a perfect engine for this car, so we are going to do a compression test and swap it in. here are the pics

4%20door%20017.JPG

4%20door%20019.JPG

4%20door%20015.JPG

4%20door%20016.JPG

4%20door%20018.JPG

4%20door%20020.JPG

new clutch

4%20door%20022.JPG

4%20door%20023.JPG

4%20door%20012.JPG

4%20door%20011.JPG

4%20door%20010.JPG

4%20door%20008.JPG

4%20door%20007.JPG

4%20door%20006.JPG

4%20door%20003.JPG

New matchbox!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude thats not half of the stuff it came with either!! 15ft of braided stainless fuel line, braided throttle cable, Dave corrol tranny crossmember, tons of little boxes with brand new brake rebuild kits, gauge surounds, a few mufflers, KA harness, tranny, block and other misc ka bits... The list goes on.

Hopefully it won't be to long before its on the road, Dillon's should be done soon then we will start on some new projects!!!

The wooden twig is a clutch alignment tool as far as we could tell :D

2eDeYe;104003']Nice find :cool:

One of these days I'm gonna have to put in a request for a wagon :P

We haven't ran across any good wagon deals lately. If I find a nice one I will let you know :D

You guys get all the deals :D So all that stuff was in the car?

Yeah all the parts came with the deal.

damn i was trying to talk to that guy when he first posted and he wouldn't go lower than 950 for me! looks like a good deal with all those extra goodies.

you should check out the 2dr i picked up today. maybe next time you're down by franks come by.

also, would you mind selling one of those ignition locks to me? don't really like the 69 one.

I will swing by, I saw your 2 door on the realm, it looked straight!! Besides half the valance missing... 69 ones are hard to find! I've been looking for one for while. I don't know if Frank wants to sell any, they go for like 60-80 bucks on ebay. Not many of the cars over there have them :D

I will swing by, I saw your 2 door on the realm, it looked straight!! Besides half the valance missing... 69 ones are hard to find! I've been looking for one for while. I don't know if Frank wants to sell any, they go for like 60-80 bucks on ebay. Not many of the cars over there have them :D

yeah i noticed that the front parking lights are smaller and different... shiiiiit!! but the guy i got it from had an extra core support with a valence and i think it's a 70+ one. i don't really know how to tell expect the size of the parking lights but i don't have that datsun nerd skill yet to judge by looking at it. could i get the new one to work on this one?

Yeah it will work fine with a little triming to the core support, no biggy. Being a datto nerd I have to have the correct parts on my rig :D Well the correct parts in some area's :D

You can put the late core support and valence on the early car. You will also need the turn signals for the swap. Or just source the early pieces you are missing. My car is a 12/69 '70 model. It has the later stuff.

Steve find me a 68/69 valance :D Your the parts finding master!!

I'll keep an eye out. I f'ed up and didn't get to the post office with your seat belts before i left town for work. Sorry buddy. They will ship as soon as I get back.. or maybe I'll drive them up!

Thats cool, if I die I blame it all on your :D

Steve find me a 68/69 valance :D Your the parts finding master!!

hey, you want the left half of the valence i have now? :o

did you ever get the chrome side view mirror that you were looking for? that dave guy in seattle was selling one for 30 bucks but i figured i would let you get it since you wanted it more.

• 4 weeks later...

The snow is finally gone so we have been getting some work done. Hopefully this 4 door will be done soon. We got the engine bay done last night around 12ish :D haha took a few pics, it turned out decent somehow there were a few greasy spots.... Not bad by any means though.

engine%20bay%20001.JPG

engine%20bay%20003.JPG

engine%20bay%20007.JPG

engine%20bay%20008.JPG

engine%20bay%20009.JPG

the blue is the same the lighting was just kinda shitty for a phone camera. Hopefully next weekend the engine will be in :D