1 hour ago, paradime said:

Trump was behind the podium

It is a LECTERN! Pod means foot! 🤣

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podium#:~:text=A podium ( pl. : podiums,tri-level podium is used.

I am just having fun as this is a constant joke at many of the art centers I work. When people ask for a Podium, we bring them a podium!

Some might say I was TRIGGERED 😝

Back to destruction...

Edited by Logical1
SPELLING! Thanks Iceman ;)
  • Haha 3
  • Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• paradime

• Mattndew76

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This isn't '63 where there may have been a Zapruder with an 8mm, more likely none. This is 2024 where EVERYONE has a camera phone and if isn't being used, it soon would be. This is another strike against a conspiracy theory as the conspirators would have known EVERY possible person there (plus likely the SS) would be filming before during and after. You would definitely want to contain and limit any evidence. 

Hundreds of camera footage could be combined into a 3D world where you could walk around and look at everything.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Logical1 said:

It is a LECTURN! Pod means foot! 🤣

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podium#:~:text=A podium ( pl. : podiums,tri-level podium is used.

I am just having fun as this is a constant joke at many of the art centers I work. When people ask for a Podium, we bring them a podium!

Good point, but it's lectern. 🙂

I think confusion comes in with conductors, who have a music stand in front of them.  The announcer might say "as the conductor steps up to the podium" and some think that means the stand in front of them.

I approve of you giving them what they ask for, especially if incorrect.  

Edited by iceman510
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Logical1 said:

It is a LECTURN! Pod means foot! 🤣

Some might say I was TRIGGERED 😝

Back to destruction...

I call your Wiki correction, and raise with a re-correction from Websters Dic for

Podium
Noun
po·di·um ˈpō-dē-əm 

1 : a low wall serving as a foundation or terrace wall: such as
a : one around the arena of an ancient amphitheater serving as a base for the tiers of seats
bthe masonry under the stylobate of a temple
 2 :  dais especially for an orchestral conductor
    b:  LECTERN   Same on you 😜

• Like 1

I do respect modern definitions as they are what is usually most relevant to the current human condition, I must hold to the etymology in this case. Let me tell you, as one who has set hundreds of podiums and lecterns, it is REALLY hard to stand on a lectern! (though not impossible!)

The word podium derives from Latin, which in turn borrowed it from Ancient Greek πόδιον (podion), a word derived from πούς (pous, "foot", with a stem pod-).

Edited by Logical1
spelling
18 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Is there a shortage of things to argue about now?????????

Have you guys already argued about weather Harris is a girl or a super secret satanic terrorist agent male?  

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, tr8er said:

Have you guys already argued about weather Harris is a girl or a super secret satanic terrorist agent male?  

I've always wondered about Michelle.

• Like 1
On 7/23/2024 at 9:15 AM, Ooph! said:

Many have said it.

Are these the best two candidates that either party has to offer or to that effect many times.

Now we know, things could always be worse.

Don't wish too hard you may get what you asked for.

The Pres. has not been seen for 5 days.

The admin says he has covid but video shows he wasn't wearing a mask getting on or off the plane.

There are also unconfirmed reports he had a stroke or TIA event which would fit with the 2 brain aneurysm surgeries he had in the past.

Right wing media is speculating that the call he made to Kamala to voice his support was a recording or AI because she misspoke and his speech is slurred yet coherent.

Interesting times = scary times

Define a "best" candidate. No matter who it could be somebody or many will have a problem with them. Right now we apparently have the two best candidates. I think DeSantis would have been the best candidate but I can imagine somebody here could find all kinds of fault about him. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, IZRL said:

This guy has the world record for fastest shot(first video). This is semi-auto(1 trigger pull 1 shot). The 5 shot burst that Crookes supposedly shot sounded this fast or a hair slower.

Edit: Crookes supposed 5 shot burst was 0.775 seconds. The worlds fastest shooter(below) fastest time in this video is 0.53 seconds.

Below is a suppressed full-auto so you can compare the shot rate speed difference.

Bob Munden did 5 shots in 1.06 with a single action and each shot included a draw.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, IZRL said:

This guy has the world record for fastest shot(first video). This is semi-auto(1 trigger pull 1 shot). The 5 shot burst that Crookes supposedly shot sounded this fast or a hair slower.

Edit: Crookes supposed 5 shot burst was 0.775 seconds. The worlds fastest shooter(below) fastest time in this video is 0.53 seconds.

Below is a suppressed full-auto so you can compare the shot rate speed difference.

Bob Munden did 5 shots in 1.06 with a single action and each shot included a draw.

4 hours ago, ratpatrol66 said:

It's she/her, see it at the flying tube company all the time.

Yea I'm not too familiar with the pronoun thing. I never learned about in school because we all knew what we were at a very young age.

• Like 2