11 hours ago, paradime said:

While it doesn't effect you, a woman's right to choose is highly restricted, or totally prohibited in 26 states. The same goes for anti-LGBTQ legislation. Texas, Florida, Arkansas, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, and Missouri have laws protecting religious discrimination. If it's the opposite, how are your religious freedoms, civil rights, and sexuality being effected? In the religious right agenda, Christianity is not only asserted, but Christian values and beliefs are given legislative privilege by Mike Johnson. I'm not saying Christianity is bad, butwhay can't they just keep their seat and not participate?

Does Mike Johnson preach from the Bible as he conducts business at the Capitol ? I'm not religious by any means but I'd rather have Christian values pushed around (basically harmless) than these other values being pushed on society. I know you're old enough to see what's changed in schools since we were young. It isn't for the better that's for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

My seawall just went under water today for the 4th time in the last 3 years. This is seawater. It went under twice in the previous 18. Sea level is rising and I am living it. Sorry but at this stage if anyone is still denying climate change,12880.thumb.jpeg.f58b7fff020ea74be99d46168cb27685.jpeg well they is just ignant!

But what's causing the climate change ? The earth doing it's thing or something else ? I'm not a denier. You sure it isn't just a Kind tide ? 

• Like 1

King tide? We experience these maybe once a year. Then there are high tides combined with strong winds from the SE and in town the river rises from rain and snow run off, a perfect storm event. About 10 years ago we experienced a 100 year event rain and flooding followed the next year by another. You can imagine the public's trust in the official response to the second one. Haven't heard of 10 year or 100 year events since. But these are rare events. If every week it becomes the norm.

What's causing the change? I don't know. Could be pendulum swing. Could be the Industrial Revolution that started in the mid 1800s. Too many people. It's slowly getting warmer.

• Like 1
On 4/10/2024 at 6:50 PM, datzenmike said:

Dunnow. Did you think I follow Canadian shit? How's the Hush Money trial coming, next Monday? Hows an ex president selling sneakers and bibles? Begging for money. Going to jail. and then there's Biden? you think I have it worse up here? image.png.8b45e6f2925c613c5010158d55678a80.png Please shake your head.

This is actually Mike & he is NOT acting!!!!!!!!!! 🤣😆😝😂  "KABAM!!!!! (that was Mike's head exploding)

I miss the good 'ol days of Global Warming.  A few years back the hottest day on the planet (Death Valley) went up by one degree.  It went up by one degree over the record set in 1928. 

I'm sure there is some man-made damage done, but I still stick with climate change is the new Boogieman to blame for anything that happens in nature.

• Like 4
On 4/10/2024 at 10:48 PM, datzenmike said:

Life.... after Putin.

So where's Tucker Carlson these days???? Did he fall off the planet after his pro Russian history lesson for the US???

He is all over the internet, just gotta pay attention to conservative views!!  I post his stuff on my FB page all the time.  The left main stream media has likely stopped posting any of his stuff, cuz it is all true & they can't figure out how to demonize it!!  His podcast has been very successful!!  You should search it out & watch it!!!!!!!!! 🤭😉😎

• Like 1
On 4/10/2024 at 10:50 PM, Dguy210 said:

THAT has got to be the best compilation video yet!!!!!!!!!!!!  Made my day!!!!!!!!!! 😂😝🤣😎😁😂😝🤣

On 4/11/2024 at 8:09 AM, datzenmike said:

Christ on crutches, wtf has happened down there? It's unbelievable what religious people will allow to be fed them. They eat it up without question and ask for more. Where are the religious scholars screaming anti-christ!!!!

Like I said months ago about the Chinese curse in '24: "May you live in interesting times". It's been interesting and going to be even more interesting.

God Bless You, my son!!!! 🙏🙏🙏

6 hours ago, datzenmike said:

King tide? We experience these maybe once a year. Then there are high tides combined with strong winds from the SE and in town the river rises from rain and snow run off, a perfect storm event. About 10 years ago we experienced a 100 year event rain and flooding followed the next year by another. You can imagine the public's trust in the official response to the second one. Haven't heard of 10 year or 100 year events since. But these are rare events. If every week it becomes the norm.

What's causing the change? I don't know. Could be pendulum swing. Could be the Industrial Revolution that started in the mid 1800s. Too many people. It's slowly getting warmer.

Yes King tide. They're not rare by any means. We've had them several times this year combined with a northwest storm and high surf. We have them every year. It causes flooding. Stronger than normal tidal push and wind together cause problems occasionally. It's weird the oceans are rising so fast. I've been a beachgoer my whole life. The waterline is still where it was 50 years ago as far as I can tell. Everything that was there 50 years ago is still there.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Duncan said:

I miss the good 'ol days of Global Warming.  A few years back the hottest day on the planet (Death Valley) went up by one degree.  It went up by one degree over the record set in 1928.

Well 2023/2024 winter has been the longest and coolest winter we've had here in Southern AZ in like the past 15-20 years. Anyone else notice this? It used to start getting pretty cold right before holloween, but for many years it was extra warm around that time. This year it felt like the old days. Too lazy to look up the data but at least it felt that way.

Like I said before. Noone can predict what the weather is going to do even one year from know. Hard to believe people trust the government can predict what it's gonna look like in 10 years, nevermind predicting what it's gonna look like in 100 years. 

• Like 3

North America used to be covered in ice. Mankind had no influence on that changing did they ? The planet has been doing it's thing forever and we have zero control over it. There should be nothing to worry about. John Kerry, Al Gore and Bill Gates are working on it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The last ice age barely extended down into America along the Canadian border, parts of North and South Dakota, Wisconsin, the Great Lakes and some of New England. That's not to say the rest of the States were spared the cold.

My winter was pleasantly above average for temperature, a bit dry.  This is exactly what an El Nino winter is like. The El Nino arrived last August and should last about 12 months so a hot dry summer is to be expected where I am. The last El Nino was 2016.

7 hours ago, john510 said:

Does Mike Johnson preach from the Bible as he conducts business at the Capitol ? I'm not religious by any means but I'd rather have Christian values pushed around (basically harmless) than these other values being pushed on society. I know you're old enough to see what's changed in schools since we were young. It isn't for the better that's for sure.

I agree that you and I had a very different grade school experience, and that in conservative 1970s San Diego, morality was defined by Christian beliefs. From our perspective, those were better times, but for many others this narrow definition of individual freedom was stifling and oppressive. My comment was aimed at the hypocrisy of the  subjective morality of Christianity, and legislating from that myopic standard. Whether you see it or not, this violates Christ's teaching in the Bible, and the actual premise of the 1st Amendment's Freedom Of Religion. In fact, Christ taught his followers not to be tempted to effect God's will within secular government as those structures would redefine, and corrupt the spiritual realities of Christ’s rule. I'm not agnostic, but my logical emancipation from the JW cult was definitely a hard fought debate with the elders. 

• Confused 1
3 hours ago, john510 said:

Yes King tide. They're not rare by any means. We've had them several times this year combined with a northwest storm and high surf. We have them every year. It causes flooding. Stronger than normal tidal push and wind together cause problems occasionally. It's weird the oceans are rising so fast. I've been a beachgoer my whole life. The waterline is still where it was 50 years ago as far as I can tell. Everything that was there 50 years ago is still there.

Eight inches in 120 years is just above your ankles. However in 2001 almost 40% of Canadians lived within20Km of the coast.

Either climate change is a truly massive global conspiracy involving many hundreds of thousand sources from NASA to independent academic studies, or it's conflicting business interest are spreading disinformation to protect their profits and power. Denial isn's just a river in Egypt. 

47 minutes ago, paradime said:

I agree that you and I had a very different grade school experience, and that in conservative 1970s San Diego, morality was defined by Christian beliefs. From our perspective, those were better times, but for many others this narrow definition of individual freedom was stifling and oppressive. My comment was aimed at the hypocrisy of the  subjective morality of Christianity, and legislating from that myopic standard. Whether you see it or not, this violates Christ's teaching in the Bible, and the actual premise of the 1st Amendment's Freedom Of Religion. In fact, Christ taught his followers not to be tempted to effect God's will within secular government as those structures would redefine, and corrupt the spiritual realities of Christ’s rule. I'm not agnostic, but my logical emancipation from the JW cult was definitely a hard fought debate with the elders. 

Damn there's not an empty seat in the place. LOL. You found a video from six years ago. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, john510 said:

North America used to be covered in ice. Mankind had no influence on that changing did they ? The planet has been doing it's thing forever and we have zero control over it. There should be nothing to worry about. John Kerry, Al Gore and Bill Gates are working on it.

That's true, forgot about the ice age. Just came to a realization. This changes everything. This means that global warming started during the ice age 🤣. Back when there were only a handful of humans. I mean seriously, the ice all melted cause it got hotter. Imagine how much the sea level increased. I'm guessing more than 8". Humans probably have very little to nothing to do with climate change. 

They're killing two birds with one stone. They're blaming the increase of health problems on climate change. To cover up the fact that the jab is what injured many people. And as I said before to further their agenda (thin out the herd). 

If you want to see just how full of shit the government is. During the 70s they were predicting an ice age that would kill us all. Here's a commercial from 1979 where they hired Leonard Nimoy "Spock-Star Trek", to warn of the coming ice age 😆

• Like 2
13 hours ago, john510 said:

But what's causing the climate change ? The earth doing it's thing or something else ? I'm not a denier. You sure it isn't just a Kind tide ? 

Well I have owned this place 22 years and definitely things have changed. I have added fill and raised my section of the road again. Sinking? Maybe because the ground is getting saturated more often. I am a merchant marine officer and spend half of my life working at sea. One thing for certain is the weather is definitely getting more volatile. Not just hurricanes but just weather overall gets violent more frequently. Also the ocean has become much more polluted with trash, plastics mostly. I haven't seen a saragasso weed patch that doesn't contain massive amounts of plastics in years. We are literally covered in the stuff. This was an el Nino year so local weather has been odd but overall the trend had been in line with climate scientists predictions. I don't see this as a conspiracy theory since I live it almost everyday at work or at home.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
15 hours ago, IZRL said:

That's true, forgot about the ice age. Just came to a realization. This changes everything. This means that global warming started during the ice age 🤣. Back when there were only a handful of humans. I mean seriously, the ice all melted cause it got hotter. Imagine how much the sea level increased. I'm guessing more than 8". Humans probably have very little to nothing to do with climate change. 

They're killing two birds with one stone. They're blaming the increase of health problems on climate change. To cover up the fact that the jab is what injured many people. And as I said before to further their agenda (thin out the herd). 

If you want to see just how full of shit the government is. During the 70s they were predicting an ice age that would kill us all. Here's a commercial from 1979 where they hired Leonard Nimoy "Spock-Star Trek", to warn of the coming ice age 😆

Mistrust of government is a healthy component of democracy, but spreading mass media paranoia combined with deep political deviation is the fuel of our civil decay. Both sides are guilty, and the public is so ill-informed, in the absence of objective critical thinking, conspiracies become doctrine. Science is imperfect and sometimes bias, but it's all we have to study our world with objectively. In one way or another, it's responsible for everything in human understanding of our universe, and technological advancement. That includes our understanding of climate change. 

Edited by paradime
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, john510 said:

There is no "both sides" when it comes to mass media and what they create. One side has the monopoly on it.

Okay John, then where does your one-sided information come from? LOL