Even without cats the engine today are 'cleaner'. back in the '70s engines polluted at will and pollution controls didn't do anything to prevent, they just came along and tried to clean up after. By the 2000s engine controls told the engine what it could and couldn't do and prevented it from operating in ranges that over produced pollutants. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

Plastic doesn't dissolve in water. It's the least harmful way to 'take care of it' if not recycled.

Burning plastic is the least harmful way to dispose of it besides recycling?!?! Plastic may not dissolve in water but once you burn it breaks down into hydrocarbons and myriad other crap. It also has combined with the soot and ash from whatever started the fire and has been broken down into particles which can travel in water and get into just about everything. 

As far as recycling, it is a joke how they sell it to people. Watch the Penn & Teller show "bullshit" on recycling, fucking hilarious. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Logical1 said:

Burning plastic is the least harmful way to dispose of it besides recycling?!?! Plastic may not dissolve in water but once you burn it breaks down into hydrocarbons and myriad other crap. It also has combined with the soot and ash from whatever started the fire and has been broken down into particles which can travel in water and get into just about everything. 

As far as recycling, it is a joke how they sell it to people. Watch the Penn & Teller show "bullshit" on recycling, fucking hilarious. 

I think he was referring to burying it, not burning it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, Logical1 said:

No no I just meant burying in a landfill. Not burning and burying. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, jagman said:

I like to keep my place as clean as I can but since we deal with used oil I have a used oil heater for the shop and use it to heat the place in the winter months. We also take our scrap metals to the recycling yard. The plastics unfortunately have to be taken to the county refuse site.  All the packaging materials we receive are recycled by an Ebay shipper here. Kitchen waste and glass are just county trash.  And yes,  I have a gun range in one of the valleys on my place since we are surrounded by a few deranged by politics.

What model oil heater?  I really would like to have one.  I recycle it now but if I can get one more use out of it I am down.  Does not get very cold down here but the shop  can be chilly this time of the year unless you are moving steady.  Might convince me in the winter months to stay till 8-9 pm like the summer months as well.

• Like 1

When people get cremated.Is that pollution.Get put in the ground.Is that pollution.Down here in Georgia,we don't get into people's business.And we all get along in Harris County.So Let me live my life in Peace..We are not having crisis in this state.Democrats are in bad shape.We leave on doors unlock and we have no problem.No one here is sleeping in front of stores.We need to get Trump back in office and build a 100 foot wall around the west coast states.What about the people that throw trash out there cars.Don't worry be happy.What about all them junk yards ya'll go get your used parts from.What do you think all them vehicles are doing on that land.Polluting thesoil with oil,all kinds of fluid and plastic and other stuff.All the roads you drive on and the dirt roads have oil on them from vehicles leaking.Next time your at a parking lot,look at it,oil every where.By the way,ya'll need to learn how to read,everything I burnt was ashes,no plastic,and it is on my property that is paid for and it doe not effect any of you all.That's why you are a failing cry baby Democrats.Cry me a river.

Edited by Thomas Perkins
On 2/4/2023 at 2:04 PM, Thomas Perkins said:

......In the bags were old albums,that helped it smoke,Vinyl.What I do is after it is all burned up,I pick up the barrel and dump everything on the ground and get it up with my shovel and put it into my wheel Barrel and dump it in the woods. uj6fdI4.jpg

Is it your woods? Better yet does the plastic (vinyl) smoke stay on your property? I'm guessing it doesn't. Well it is what it is.

• Like 2

Cuz folks in Harris County Georgia don't get into other people's business, and lets others live their lives in peace? So why is Thomas being F'n rude in our community? 

Edited by paradime
  • Like 2

I drove around backwoods Georgia in fall of 2020. Half the yards had Trump 2020 and the other half had Jesus 2020 on them. I didn't know Jesus was running but it seems a lot of Georgians thought he was. I do have to give Georgia credit for thier boiled peanuts stands on the side of the road. They are a little slimy but salty boiled peanuts are pretty damn tasty! Just not so good for eating while driving type of food. Gotta clean your steering wheel afterwards.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, paradime said:

Cuz folks in Harris County Georgia don't get into other people's business, and lets others live their lives in peace? So why is Thomas being F'n rude in our community? 

Today I hosed down the smoldering leaves at a job after I got tired of breathing the smoke while trying to work 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, paradime said:

So I get back from a trip to Vegas and we're shooting down Chinese balloons? WTF is up with that shit? If it's a spy balloon why didn't grumpy Joe shoot it down as soon as it entered US air space? 

He needed to ask the Chinese for permission first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's not a spy balloon. The Chinese must have known that it would be recovered by the Americans, probably shot down in Montana. Unbelievable that it was allowed to pass all the way. No way they could know this would happen. Recovery would expose it as a spy balloon. US knew it was harmless, had to have. Shooting it down was just playing to the gallery.

1/ Would they overtly put spy equipment on it knowing the above that it would be recovered????

2/ What would a spy balloon tell them that their spy satellite(s) couldn't????

3/ Can't steer a balloon much you go where the wind blows. Not much good for spying. 

I found the electronics package of a weather balloon out on some island in Bfe Bahamas. The electronics were housed in a styrofoam block stamped "NOAA weather balloon instrument if found please place in trash". Great now it's my problem? I did the right thing and cut it open. There was a watch battery powering it but all i think it was is some type of transponder tracking device. I am not really buying the spy balloon. Tik tok is probably a lot more effective.

• Thanks 1