12 hours ago, IZRL said:

Could this be the reason they're pushing so hard to cut down on meat production and using "Global Warming" as the excuse to cut us off from beef. (Watch videos below to see what I mean by this)

I've heard Jordan Peterson talk about the incredible health benefits he, his wife, and daughter have had from going on a carnivore diet. But I just shrugged it off as crazy. But out of curiosity I've started to dig into and research this in the past few weeks. I still have way more research I want to do. But I figure that the carnivore diet is a hell of a lot better than the crap I'm eating now. So I started last week.

The one thing I've noticed so far is that even though they call it a carnivore "diet". It doesn't feel like a diet. Even though I've set my meals up to where I'm eating less "calories" than i usually eat. I feel full longer which makes it way easier not to cheat or to feel that I'm being deprived of something like other "diets" I've done. 

It's fun to talk about all the bullshit that's destroying not only America but the world. But If anyone else decides to join me in this. I started a thread where we can post progress, positive changes in health, and research on the subject. Add something positive to this mix. I called the thread "carnivore diet" to start but if anyone has a catchier idea for a name let me know. 

I recommend watching these videos to start. Its very compelling stuff!

I've done the "Carnivore diet" three times in my life, it worked all three. Lean and mean. Then I slowly go back to the shape my body prefers, then I am fat and repeat. It has been over a decade since my last couple years of hardcore Carnivore (except I learned it as Keto but it is really close if not the exact same thing) I prolonged the effects of the carnivore diet, by keeping some of it. I eat elk/deer or lean ground beef chili for breakfast everyday and have for decades(s) plural. Like you said, it keeps me full to noon no problem and if something happens and I get a late lunch, no problem. Also, it cuts way down on "grazing" during the day. My biggest problems are caffeine and sugar. I have stopped even trying to cut caffeine, I like it and it is such a massive pain in the ass to cut out. Last time I went full "Carnivore" I keep it up for 2 years, body fat was under 10% and sugar (simple carbohydrates) were a rare treat. I grew up without salt and don't like it, so that is an easy cut. (Full Keto cuts sodium as well as sugar) First time I went super diet I keep it up almost a year, it was called Cybonetics. Body fat was under 6% and I kept it single digits for the next 4 years, didn't eat the same thing every day, didn't eat chili, but was working out like a fiend. It was good to be young. Now when guys my age drop weight and make their doctors happy, joints and general oldness keep them from resistance training hard and they drop much muscle along with some fat. I don't like that look and I don't like training light, but even a half dozen rounds on the heavy bag and I will need advil to sleep. What a drag it is getting old. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• paradime

• Mattndew76

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, john510 said:

What's up with that ? Oakland has businesses closing and leaving for good. You tell us. A profitable place like In & Out closes because it's so safe there ? They said why they closed the store. Violence towards customers and employees and it's not safe to do business. Don't get upset because I pointed out where you live. A high crime city. To me violent crime is not only murder. And it's getting worse down here also. When law enforcement and prosecutors fail to do their jobs of course it makes it look good statistically. You know that.

Granted, it's not the first time one of us Destruction rats has changed the argument perimeters to support our political narrative. You're free to research this stuff for yourself, or jump on the sky is falling media band wagon. There's no argument that things aren't fucked up, but let's keep things straight. My post that today's kids aren't a bunch pansies said nothing about crime rates in general. Go back and look, my point was clearly referring to "violent crime and murder" rates being lower in the US, while the vast majority believes it's gone up. 

I heard the In & Out story back in 2023, and that the city is filled with space that are boarded up and empty. As if the local economy and commercial real estate market here in free fall.  Them creating a scapegoat is PR BS at it's finest. Reality is Mc Ds, Poppy's Chicken, or Little Cesars franchises have been turning out hefty profits in Oakland for decades. But if In & Out fails to do the same, it's because the city is just too darn violent for them to do business? Believe what you want, but I live shop dine and party here without fear. I have no shits to give about this whiney ass excuse for their own F'n business failure. There's money being made, so if a business isn't succeed here, they get kicked to the curb like anywhere else.

32 minutes ago, paradime said:

Granted, it's not the first time one of us Destruction rats has changed the argument perimeters to support our political narrative. You're free to research this stuff for yourself, or jump on the sky is falling media band wagon. There's no argument that things aren't fucked up, but let's keep things straight. My post that today's kids aren't a bunch pansies said nothing about crime rates in general. Go back and look, my point was clearly referring to "violent crime and murder" rates being lower in the US, while the vast majority believes it's gone up. 

I heard the In & Out story back in 2023, and that the city is filled with space that are boarded up and empty. As if the local economy and commercial real estate market here in free fall.  Them creating a scapegoat is PR BS at it's finest. Reality is Mc Ds, Poppy's Chicken, or Little Cesars franchises have been turning out hefty profits in Oakland for decades. But if In & Out fails to do the same, it's because the city is just too darn violent for them to do business? Believe what you want, but I live shop dine and party here without fear. I have no shits to give about this whiney ass excuse for their own F'n business failure. There's money being made, so if a business isn't succeed here, they get kicked to the curb like anywhere else.

I've never seen an empty In & Out. They were turning a profit. It's in the news what's going on up there.  Why would all of those businesses be leaving if there were no problems ? Come on. 

• Like 3

Our Son lived in Arvada/Westminster on Sheridan,near Highway 36 while 

going to college a number of years ago.Back then it seemed like a fairly safe place. 

• Like 2

I remember IN-N-Out closing that location.

Too much crime was the reasoning as I remember.

One of the earliest IN-N-Out's is down the street from me a few blocks.

(Lankershim Blvd)

I watched them build it,..... 1971 I believe.

I used to train across the street, "Bill Ryuzaki's Ryu Dojo"

next door to the school,.... Joe Woo's Chinese Kitchen, across the street, Suzuki Fun Center.

The "Animal Style" is attributed to my high school football team.

North Hollywood Huskies,..... they ordered their  burgers a certain way.

One day when a large group was there devouring food, the manager said,......

"What a bunch of animals"

Thus was born the, "Animal Style"

Some years ago I called IN-N-Out corporate and ran the story by them,......

They Laughed and confirmed it.

Good Times!

MM

• Like 3
1 hour ago, frankendat said:

I've done the "Carnivore diet" three times in my life, it worked all three. Lean and mean. Then I slowly go back to the shape my body prefers, then I am fat and repeat. It has been over a decade since my last couple years of hardcore Carnivore (except I learned it as Keto but it is really close if not the exact same thing) I prolonged the effects of the carnivore diet, by keeping some of it. I eat elk/deer or lean ground beef chili for breakfast everyday and have for decades(s) plural. Like you said, it keeps me full to noon no problem and if something happens and I get a late lunch, no problem. Also, it cuts way down on "grazing" during the day. My biggest problems are caffeine and sugar. I have stopped even trying to cut caffeine, I like it and it is such a massive pain in the ass to cut out. Last time I went full "Carnivore" I keep it up for 2 years, body fat was under 10% and sugar (simple carbohydrates) were a rare treat. I grew up without salt and don't like it, so that is an easy cut. (Full Keto cuts sodium as well as sugar) First time I went super diet I keep it up almost a year, it was called Cybonetics. Body fat was under 6% and I kept it single digits for the next 4 years, didn't eat the same thing every day, didn't eat chili, but was working out like a fiend. It was good to be young. Now when guys my age drop weight and make their doctors happy, joints and general oldness keep them from resistance training hard and they drop much muscle along with some fat. I don't like that look and I don't like training light, but even a half dozen rounds on the heavy bag and I will need advil to sleep. What a drag it is getting old. 

So far from what I've read. Carnivore people still use seasoning/salt. Also fat is kept in the diet(butter and 80/20 meat is allowed). Coffee is also allowed as they say there's no real evidence that coffee is bad for you. My biggest addiction is diet coke. So I've decided to switch to coffee. Like you I'm a grazing maniac. If the snacks are on the counter I grab a handful every time I walk by. I'm so bad sometimes I don't realize I grabbed it until I'm stuffing the chips in the chew hole. So far the grazing has reduced.

I've been wondering for some years now about cooking with natural pork lard. In my mind it's as natural as it can get so it can't be worse than the processed oils they sell in the store and fits right in with this diet. So I'm going to start cooking with it. I'm talking 1 ½ tblsp per meal max. I called a local beef processor and they said they sell pork leaf fat for .50 cents a pound. So gonna make my own lard. I'm gonna do blood work to see how all this is affecting my health. 

You should give it a go and join me on the carnivore thread. Im keep updating my results, mostly to keep myself accountable in someway. I'm betting I'll probably be the only one posting to the thread 😆.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Dguy210 said:

He's way too optimistic. People are too groomed, sheepish, stubborn, and stupid to stop trusting and start questioning EVERYTHING the gov says. This goes for both the left and the right. 

Vivek is correct in saying we need to get rid of the FBI and possibly also the CIA. Unfortunately his ideas are way to ambitious and extreme for our crooked and corrupt system. Hypothetically speaking if he were to somehow win the presidency he would undoubtedly end up shooting himself 2 times in the back than hanging himself. 

Edited by IZRL
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, john510 said:

I've never seen an empty In & Out. They were turning a profit. It's in the news what's going on up there.  Why would all of those businesses be leaving if there were no problems ? Come on. 

Acordint to the National Office report 6 days ago, the national vacancy rate is 17.8%. San Diego county vacancy rates is 18.5%, and in the downtown aria it's 25.2%. Oakland's  office vacancy rate is 18.9%, but the backbone of our economy isn't white collar business though. It's GDP is primarily import export shipping, cargo ground transportation, and manufacturing. It's why Oakland's industrial vacancy is only 4.9%. With the A's following the Raiders to Vegas, all the sports related bars, restaurants, and retail businesses have left turning the Hagenberger Corridor into a Mad Max ghost town where the stadium is. Just a coincident it's also where the In & Out was? Come on.

14 hours ago, yenpit said:

Denver is one thing.  I've been in Arvada, almost since I moved here 12 years ago..............first 6 mo's was in Aurora, off of Illiff.  Back then, I felt Aurora was a rougher east side suburb of Denver.  Arvada was a nice quiet clean "northern suburb", but I have watched the homeless get REALLY bad, more & more police activity & constantly rising crime.  I've had Datsun parts stolen 3+ times, from out in front of my hobby shop/garage space building, VERY likely simply for scrap (my fault for leaving stuff out there).  I don't even want to venture in to Denver city proper any more, for anything.  A few years ago, we had to take our elderly neighbor downtown to one of the hospitals & the homeless camps were everywhere!  VERY sad & depressing, especially for Rose, who had lived in the tiny community of Leyden (between Arvada & Boulder) for 40+ years.  I have never lived IN a big city, always enjoyed the suburbs, have been wondering if I could swing living further out in the country (where property is cheaper)...................but Colorado is getting consistently liberally BAD, so I do not know what the future holds here.................. 

Damn that's too bad. Most of the Denver metropolitan area looked to be very clean and at least had the look of a pretty safe area to live in. At least it did to me when I lived there. There were some areas that were clearly bad. But even when i had to go to those areas, they didn't seem as bad as ghettos in other cities. I'm sure you're also right that the increase in illegals is most likely making things worse. I haven't been up there in about 4 or 5 years.

Edited by IZRL
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, IZRL said:

He's way too optimistic. People are too groomed, sheepish, stubborn, and stupid to stop trusting and start questioning EVERYTHING the gov says. This goes for both the left and the right. 

Vivek is correct in saying we need to get rid of the FBI and possibly also the CIA. Unfortunately his ideas are way to ambitious and extreme for the our crooked and corrupt system. Hypothetically speaking if he were to somehow win the presidency he would undoubtedly end up shooting himself 2 times in the back than hanging himself. 

Isn't The Daily Caller the hard right blend of The Onion and The National Inquirer? 

31 minutes ago, paradime said:

Isn't The Daily Caller the hard right blend of The Onion and The National Inquirer? 

I ain't gonna lie, I don't know. But what traditional media outlet can you 100% trust right now? For sure not the left leaning media. They're getting caught on the daily for putting out misinformation.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, paradime said:

Acordint to the National Office report 6 days ago, the national vacancy rate is 17.8%. San Diego county vacancy rates is 18.5%, and in the downtown aria it's 25.2%. Oakland's  office vacancy rate is 18.9%, but the backbone of our economy isn't white collar business though. It's GDP is primarily import export shipping, cargo ground transportation, and manufacturing. It's why Oakland's industrial vacancy is only 4.9%. With the A's following the Raiders to Vegas, all the sports related bars, restaurants, and retail businesses have left turning the Hagenberger Corridor into a Mad Max ghost town where the stadium is. Just a coincident it's also where the In & Out was? Come on.

Vacancy rates down here are high because they refuse to stop building on every piece of land undeveloped. You should see the vacant buildings in Santee. And they want to develop more. I'm sure you remember the Santee Drive In ? It's been sold for development for more industrial buildings in an area with plenty of vacant industrial buildings. Crime isn't why they can't get these places rented. There are too many of them.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, paradime said:

There is a 'tit' to suckle every hungry political 'mouth'. Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends. We're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
On 6/25/2024 at 6:39 AM, IZRL said:

Could this be the reason they're pushing so hard to cut down on meat production and using "Global Warming" as the excuse to cut us off from beef. (Watch videos below to see what I mean by this)

I've heard Jordan Peterson talk about the incredible health benefits he, his wife, and daughter have had from going on a carnivore diet. But I just shrugged it off as crazy. But out of curiosity I've started to dig into and research this in the past few weeks. I still have way more research I want to do. But I figure that the carnivore diet is a hell of a lot better than the crap I'm eating now. So I started last week.

The one thing I've noticed so far is that even though they call it a carnivore "diet". It doesn't feel like a diet. Even though I've set my meals up to where I'm eating less "calories" than i usually eat. I feel full longer which makes it way easier not to cheat or to feel that I'm being deprived of something like other "diets" I've done. 

It's fun to talk about all the bullshit that's destroying not only America but the world. But If anyone else decides to join me in this. I started a thread where we can post progress, positive changes in health, and research on the subject. Add something positive to this mix. I called the thread "carnivore diet" to start but if anyone has a catchier idea for a name let me know. 

I recommend watching these videos to start. Its very compelling stuff!

I could live on raw fish.  Local deli makes his own sausage.  When I get a tub of fresh ground, every time I open the fridge, I scoop out and eat a finger's worth.  That raw sweet sausage has way more flavor than cook.  Restaurateur and chef cousin said there hasn't been a case of trichinosis for decades - it's been wiped out.  (even the USDA lowered the cooking temp for pork.)   

Decades ago I sat next to the owners of Bike Nashbar on a flight and his wife said if you have pointy canines, you are predisposed to eat meat.  If they are blunt, you play for the other team.  (insert joke here)   ...you are predisposition towards non-meats.

My personal discovery has been that grain should never be eaten.  Why did people eat grain (bread?)  They had no food.  Animal husbandry learned this centuries ago:  to fatten them up, feed grain instead of letting them graze.

If I eliminate grain (bread, pasta, pizza, sandwiches, etc. (I also include potatoes - who really needs a baked or fries?)   I can easily achieve a sustained at least 1# a day.  The first time I did this my milk consumption dried up.  Interesting - anyone remember Corn Fed?  NOTE:  Needles to say, deserts are right out.

My final conclusion from doing this over the decades is that any food that needs a bowl for preparation, is not good.  (this one takes out the sugar bomb orange juice) 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, IZRL said:

Damn that's too bad. Most of the Denver metropolitan area looked to be very clean and at least had the look of a pretty safe area to live in. At least it did to me when I lived there. There were some areas that were clearly bad. But even when i had to go to those areas, they didn't seem as bad as ghettos in other cities. I'm sure you're also right that the increase in illegals is most likely making things worse. I haven't been up there in about 4 or 5 years.

Denver proper is a liberal shithole..............it is not good. 😒

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Jesse C. said:

Scaredy cats crying for more police.  Problem is not enough guns in the hands of the general public and not enough bravery to use them.  Those kinds of crimes are worse than murder because they represent people running wild - which some would argue like rapid animals should be put down.

Edited by Cardinal Grammeter
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, Dguy210 said:

Here we go AGAIN!!  I will state it AGAIN, as my Dad actually WROTE the Presidential Records Act in/around 1974, during the Nixon Administration, with the HELP of the Nixon Administration! Are you paying attention yet?? Donald Trump 🇺🇸 was LEGALLY ALLOWED to remove & possess classified documents, as he WAS President at the time. Brandon 💩 collected & possessed classified documents, PRIOR to being the President, which is 100% ILLEGAL. Brandon 💩, as "president" (what a joke), handles classified documents daily, which is part of his job (what a joke). If Brandon 💩 removed & possessed classified documents AFTER leaving his "administration" (what a joke), it would be LEGAL. Reminder...........Brandon 💩 possessed classified documents PRIOR to being President, which is ILLEGAL. You don't agree? You believe the DOJ & Brandon 💩? 😉😁🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

• Like 2
14 hours ago, angliagt said:

Our Son lived in Arvada/Westminster on Sheridan,near Highway 36 while 

going to college a number of years ago.Back then it seemed like a fairly safe place. 

I'm in Arvada near Sheridan, a little south of 36!  Do you know what major Datsun engine builder is in Westminster, right near Sheridan & 72nd?  Jeff Winter of Rallye Sport!!  Unfortunately, this whole area HAS changed quite a lot, with growth, lots of building projects & more crime................

1 hour ago, Jesse C. said:

If profitable why not hire some security? Patrol the parking lots. Can the servers open carry? batons? Eventually crime will go somewhere else. No busyness walks away from profits so something else is going on here that is even more profitable.

• Confused 1
40 minutes ago, yenpit said:

Here we go AGAIN!!  I will state it AGAIN, as my Dad actually WROTE the Presidential Records Act in/around 1974, during the Nixon Administration, with the HELP of the Nixon Administration! Are you paying attention yet?? Donald Trump 🇺🇸 was LEGALLY ALLOWED to remove & possess classified documents, as he WAS President at the time. Brandon 💩 collected & possessed classified documents, PRIOR to being the President, which is 100% ILLEGAL. Brandon 💩, as "president" (what a joke), handles classified documents daily, which is part of his job (what a joke). If Brandon 💩 removed & possessed classified documents AFTER leaving his "administration" (what a joke), it would be LEGAL. Reminder...........Brandon 💩 possessed classified documents PRIOR to being President, which is ILLEGAL. You don't agree? You believe the DOJ & Brandon 💩? 😉😁🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Still you have to question the motive for 'stealing' classified defense documents or w/e they were. Nuclear launch codes? I imagine they get changed more often that Trump's diaper. What possible use are they to an honest citizen? Well nothing, but to a crook, now a convicted felon, it's extremely disturbing as they are extremely valuable for leverage, sale or blackmail. Make no mistake he's a narcissist and craves power shown by him not attending the Biden inauguration. Breaking a 150 year tradition. Sour grapes Donny?

• Haha 1

How many here have seen the movie "They Live" By John Carpenter?

Years after the movie was in the theaters Roddy Piper sat down for an interview.

He talked about how the movie was way ahead of it time.

Not long after,..... he was found dead.