question for everyone about my poor truck

Nightsfire

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The frame is quite stout. Fender, bumper, valance and turn signal, radiator and grill. Rad support too (look at lights) but as it doesn't show maybe you can hammer into place. Needs another 620 for parts.

• Like 2

Pull the radiator support before removing any of the body panels. If you have access to a body shop, they will know, but if you don't, try using chains bolted strategically around the rad support, and then a high lift jack connected by a strap to another vehicle, or to something like a telephone pole. You may need to strap the truck to something from behind to keep it from rolling too.

Keeping the panels in place while pulling the inner fender and rad support will help things go back to their original place.

• Like 7
On 7/5/2019 at 3:59 PM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Pull the radiator support before removing any of the body panels. If you have access to a body shop, they will know, but if you don't, try using chains bolted strategically around the rad support, and then a high lift jack connected by a strap to another vehicle, or to something like a telephone pole. You may need to strap the truck to something from behind to keep it from rolling too.

Keeping the panels in place while pulling the inner fender and rad support will help things go back to their original place.

This, try this first before selling or buying anything. Thing may look like its all smashed up but once you pull it back to where it belongs and bolt on a fresh fender it will look a lot better!

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

OK, if you read this post it may give you ideas or help you understand how to pull your radiator core support, inner fender, and fender back into position before removing everything, all the photos are not there anymore, but what he did was make them plates and connect a chain or something to the main plate and then he pulled the whole thing back into position.

https://ratsun.net/topic/49698-my-dragon-datsun-521/?do=findComment&comment=811415

You likely will have to connect your truck to something solid like a big tree or pole to hold in position while pulling the whole thing back out.

• Like 1

This guy hit me head on in my 1965 Datsun 320, I had a extra fender and hood and I took the radiator in and had it fixed, I pulled the rest back out with pieces of angle iron and a come along/hand winch, it took a little time.

The wrecked truck

1965-datsun-320-001.jpg

After I fixed it

DSCF0011.jpg

The bumper and grill took quite a while to get it even this good, I lost interest in the truck because I could not get a replacement grill for a reasonable price so I sold it.

Edited by wayno
  • Like 3