Project "MX520" TOP SECRET

Bob3

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that one too. The tailgate up holds the air so that the stream coming over the cab continues over the tailgate. With the gate down, do trapped air, the stream over the cab swirls behind the cab and creates a low pressure or suction.

Yeah...what Matt said...and I personally feel like you should round the lower corners of the dam...I know it will be more work, but I think it will look way more in keeping with the rest of the truck. Just about a 2 inch radius around the bottom "wheel" corner.

Looks great though Bob. I like the bed cover.

Maybe a rising sun painted on it...???:rolleyes:

Super cool little truck man! My daughter wants to come watch a race really bad...she wants to drive really fast too...I personally can wait another year and a half.:blink:

The bed cover looks great Bob. I think the front air dam is a great idea as well. Looks like it should do a great job. I too like the idea of having some provisions for brake cooling. How do your brakes hold up during racing? Any fade? Need cooling? Great time to address it.

How about an under truck dam for the rear. I know some of the higher end cars put them under the tail rather than up top. Ya they look cooler there but if your after function AND keeping it looking stock....:rolleyes:

Bob

I have to agree with most of what the others have posted about the air dam. Change the lower corners at the wheels, maybe even just angle them forward a bit? Truck really needs the bumper to look correct to me.:D Also some air ducts would help a lot for appearance, big ones would look really pist in the rear view mirror of all of the other cars.:D And an adjustable spliter at the bottom would be really cool looking. Again, some of this would just really be for that angry look in somebody elses rear view mirror, and that would make it all worth the extra effort.:lol:

This truck is going to look so good once it is painted.

Incredible truck Bob.

That does kinda look like the 520, but they listed it as both 520 and 521.....and they're not the same.....so double check that before spending the $'s.

Crabbyone still has a nearly perfect one he got in a trade with me. You might contact him and see if he still has it and is willing to ship it :)

Bob you may have a little more luck than i did. Anderson (The owner of Aderson's Pull and Pay in Greeley) bought out a junk yard not to far from his yard. In that yard there is a hand full of 520's/ 521's, quite a few 620's too. Maybe you could pull some strings and try to get some of the Coloratsuns in there. I know your a powerful man but this one might still beyond you. There is some seriously prime parts in there. I guess they're going to start shredding within the next couple of weeks. It would be a serious shame to see some of that stuff go...

Ratsun style spoiler.

I colored the corners of the air dam with a sharpie to see how it looks.

The bumper is just hanging there. It does not clear the fender corner lights. The bumper is off my '68 parts truck.

Sooo . . . . What do you think?:blink:

MX52010-27-09051.jpg

MX52010-27-09059.jpg

MX52010-27-09058.jpg

MX52010-27-09053.jpg

MX52010-27-09055.jpg

MX52010-27-09056.jpg

MX52010-27-09060.jpg

MX52010-27-09061.jpg

Its a good 'look', I am guessing that the rear spoiler is just for mock up? Considering the artful work put into the build of this truck, it would surprise me if it wasn't.

It is just a mock up to see if we can get more top speed. I set it up so I can adjust the angle and remove it quickly to see what works best. Once I get it figured out, I'll make a nice one. All of this is mock up stuff just thrown together. I can't see making something nice if it won't work. How do you like the bumper? I need to tweak it to fit under the side lights. I like the way it looks.

Take more off the corners...just a bit more sharpie action!:D Plus...maybe you could "draw in" a couple brake cooling openings...just to see what they might look like...you don't like em...paint over them again...draw em again!:)

Rising sun on the bed cover...:cool:

Looks sweet! Love it Bob!:)

The bumper will work with just a slight tweek...I like it though...brings in the oldschool flavor!

Edited by denveratsun