New user, new car, super excited

79kingcab620

Excited to join the group can't wait to soak up all of the knowledge  from all of the members you guys seem so help full and awesome. Have been saving up for perfect dependable fun daily driver and came across this truck and had to have it. Let me know what you guys all think and any ideas for what I should do. sDSC_3276.jpgsDSC_3279.jpgsDSC_3288.jpgsDSC_3291.jpg

• Like 5
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi 79kingcab... I'm glad you found your way to Ratsun.  There is a lot of good info here.

I've had fun with the 620, now its your turn. 

I see that Steve provide you the link to my build thread.  I tried to document the changes and repairs I made over the 7 years I owned it (doesn't seem that long).  You may want to start your own build thread to track your progress.  Feel free to ask questions. 

Link to the cool YouTube video from Classwinners.com of your 620... BTW, Sam is a tall guy.

Edited by Ron1200
  • Like 2
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...
On 3/3/2022 at 8:13 AM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Completely stock? What about the SU carbs? Those won't pass emissions.

Nice truck!

IIRC thats not the origonal engine I built for that truck... but I see pretty much all my external parts on it.

lol My stickers are still in the engine bay 🤣

And it will deff not pass smog in Cali lol

Open that air box and look inside the backing plate sometime 😂

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Skib said:

IIRC thats not the origonal engine I built for that truck... but I see pretty much all my external parts on it.

lol My stickers are still in the engine bay 🤣

And it will deff not pass smog in Cali lol

Open that air box and look inside the backing plate sometime 😂

What's in the box???

image.png.efff721fa78dda181ddfcef37e809102.png

13 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Has to have all the original smog equipment on it to pass the visual. Don't forget the catalytic converter they won't.

The OP never came back to tell us how his registration process is going. I hope he figured out a way to get it in the system.

2 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

What's in the box???

Its funny I saw this truck up for sale a while back.... Im wondering if it was OP after realizing itl never reggo here.

But the add claimed the current owner built the truck, which is very un true.

So we told them to open the box and tell me what it says.... IDK if they did but they where very butthurt and blocked us lol

I feel they make have.

because inside the backing plate its stamped

" Made for SKIB.....

Dubstep!!!!!!!!!! "

lol cuz I designed it to fit that specific truck with those specific SUs and had Erichwaslike make it for me. 

and I used to give him shit for likeing dubstep back then lol

• Like 3

Over the years, I've seen many Datsun project vehicles bounce around from one owner to the other. One of the craziest is John510's old convertible 510 (the one he got flamed on Ratsun for capping up). It's kinda janky, but he sold it for $6,500 like 8 or 10 yrs ago, and it just turned up in Georgia. It now belongs to one of the hosts of Top Gear US and he picked it up for $2K. Dude plans on rebuilding it and he's got sick resources at his disposal so it should be interesting.

• Like 2

I suppose it's not a thread jack if the OP isn't going to comment...

The 510...what would you even call it? It's not a roadster because roadsters have no door glass. It's not a convertible because it would need a removable top. Chop-top? I guess that would fit.

I know Rutledge is a car guy with sick resources, but that doesn't mean he will do a nice job. As a matter of fact, I would say it's precisely because he is a TV personality that it will probably end up in a backlot in ten years. Hopefully I'm wrong.

• Like 1