Madkaw

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It’s a sloooooooooooowwwwww process . Waiting on color sand and buff .

I screwed up and got too big of tires -30”- and had to raise the torsion bars up front to keep from rubbing my new paint off . I actually just evened up the front with the back . Hopefully is okay when I drive it . I don’t want to lift this truck . I guess I'll need another front end alignment now - ugh

ACD350AB-DE11-4AA2-A10B-574A9B0B3772.jpeg

131DA9EF-AC65-4741-B97A-4AA7B94D62BE.jpeg

• Like 1

Truck is beautiful.

The Nissan brake valve is design for a 1" rake front to back to work properly.  If your brakes feel or work funny this is why.

It might be most noticeable while braking on hills.

Edited by Charlie69
37 minutes ago, Charlie69 said:

Truck is beautiful.

The Nissan brake valve is design for a 1" rake front to back to work properly.  If your brakes feel or work funny this is why.

It might be most noticeable while braking on hills.

That’s interesting . Never thought raising or lowering truck would effect the brake system . Thanks for the heads up . I could gain an inch in the back easily by putting in one of the overload leafs 

• Like 1

Raising the front is similar to lowering the rear, the same as carrying heavy cargo. The NLSV allows more braking line pressure to the rears as the rear lowers from weight. If not carrying weight which would increase the traction on the rear tires they will lock up sooner.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2020 at 10:45 AM, datzenmike said:

Raising the front is similar to lowering the rear, the same as carrying heavy cargo. The NLSV allows more braking line pressure to the rears as the rear lowers from weight. If not carrying weight which would increase the traction on the rear tires they will lock up sooner.

Thanks for that info .

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Well the plan that was in the works for a turbo conversion is now being implemented. I acquired my exhaust manifold yesterday . Turbo rebuild kit is on the way for my T3/4. Getting ready to order my micro squirt controller . Need to send out my intake manifold ( plenum) to get a fuel rail made . Might go with Tank Inc in tank fuel pump . 
This will be no easy task . 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Spent a day and lots of work removing panels to replace my door hinges . I bought replacement hinges off of eBay - big mistake . They fit like ASS. 

So now I will going back and rebuilding by OEMS . Should have known better.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Charlie69 said:

Good to know I was going to order 2 sets for my 84 and 86.  Please let us know what you buy for pins and or bushings and your procedure for achieving this project.

I am paying a friend - who owns a milling machine - to rebuild mine . He digs this stuff and he is rebuilding some Z hinges for me also . I told him he could probably  make some $$ doing these once he had a process down . Z hinges go for 400$ + rebuilt . 
The only kits I could find were eBay from Thailand and I’m not doing that again . 

• Like 1