New to this forum

crew521

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i do have them will know in next few days if i need them or not..i will prob use square tube to get seats off floor but gotta see how hig heads okes out of roof and weigh out the options..now the floor doesnt have the drop foo healls ya know but im fabbing new pedal work for accelorator pedal and used clutch and cut off brake pedal..works perfecr but between body drop and frame zee something had to give...ill post pics 2mro..thank by the way on nice words about my build..been fun ready for it to be done for many reasons lol

• Like 4

i ve been thinkin bout dually for few months now...few weeks after the start of this it crossed my mind and figure id presue it come cold wheather..lol...maybe over this winter or next..wifes gonna kill me if i just work summer to winter...she ready to have me back in the eves.....suicide and kids in today parking lots not a great idea for my family...lol..was gonna do it in beginning..remember these pics sitting back to back for 3/4 weeks decideing and thinking while doing frame

• Like 1

20160811_232901_zpsnpgoxsq1.jpg

The last night I fired it up with the radiator standing on the core support trimmed core supports a radiator can go forward about half to three-quarters of an inch so pull it doesn't go through radiator just wanted to hear it run before the weekend so I could get my last supplies today from the parts store and steel shop check out my video on YouTube Fired right up I told perfectly never heard the engine run was amazing

• Like 3

It's funny you say that because in that picture the frame is sitting on for two by fours in the back right at the cab so that the wheels were off the ground to start it I'm sure you've looked at the other pictures where the pinch weld is laying on the ground at full lay

• Like 2

I would not chop top it either, but that is just me, it rains and gets cold a lot around here and I don't have a place to park it inside.

The way I do my extended cabs would take me 5 Datsun 521 cab tops to make the extension you have made, it takes me 3 tops to just do a 14 inch extension.

Here is my 520 top extension before any body work or filler, the cab front half, the cab back half, and the 3rd top skin, it took about an hour to tack weld that center piece in once it was fitted.

DSCN0105.jpg

• Like 2