New to this forum

crew521

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mounted fuel keg and compressor tank and battery all easy pull off stud status...ill postbthat mount work when i take pic of stuff off it.. only 1 wrench needed sucks when something is low and u gotta use 2 wrenches

• Like 1

Thanks yes rite at that buddy...like i said first post this will be at its first show on aug 20th ..lol busting my butt to make it happen;) so how do i get this out for more people to see?? this the 1st forum ive ever posted on..figured id show people how i role lol

• Like 1

Thanks guys enjoying it every second cant wait for finsihed result...strait hand built line 4 now at this 1st show then revize to a 2 peice line soon after for 2nd run:) think about crew cab mega cab cummins they have a 1 peice often built insted of 2 piece so we will see all my angle are dialed

• Like 1

This is cool.

Honestly though, I would plate those frame extension joints a bit more than you did. I would overlap the joint by at least the width of the tubing. In other words, if it's a 2x3 rectangular steel frame rail, go 3 inches on both sides of the welded joint, and taper the joint to disperse the shear loading.

I'm really curious how your going to finish the roof. That's going to be massive.

• Like 1

You could get a roof off a large SUV and section it.  I did a bunch of metal work on a FJ45LV Toyota a couple years ago, and the roof panel, from the factory, was made out of 9 different pieces, all welded together.

Or, using original 521 pieces, and a little added along the top of the doors, make a soft top like on a 32 Ford Tudor.

• Like 1

Morning guys here ya go..core suport drop flip frame..front lower arms now have adjustable links paint and brake fuel and air lones works under her own air...now cab on and body drop wire and make her run and drive by August 20th..no prob lol o and start a new job after 11 years of the old one quite last week now heading to a big toyota deal in my home toen as a parys guy there....

• Like 2