New to this forum

crew521

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SO sorry guys my b day weekend is the show weekend was pumped on coming..but in being pumped i could tell my wife was ok with it but had something on her mind...I PRIED IT OUT OF HER ..I LOVE HER SO MUCH AND I GUES SHE LOVES ME TOO..SHE HAPPEN TO HAVE YHESE SUPRISE PLANS THAT R NOW NOT A SUPRISE BUT...IM SUPER EXCITED TO GO WITH HER AN MY BOYS..AND TRUCK IS TRAILER READY AS OF LAST NIGHT TOOK HER FOR A SPIN AND WAS ASTONIHED...HERES A FEW PICS

• Like 3

HEY EVRY1 JUST WANTED TO SAY THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT ... LET U GUYS NOW HOW SHOW GOES 2MRO...WOW MY DEADLINE IS HERE AND TRUCK 90% THE WAY I PLANNED THE 10% STILL MAKES UP A VERY LITTLE PORTION COMPARATIVELY SPEAKING AS TO WHAT HAS FINALLY BEEN FIGURED UP TO 600 HOURS+ COUNTING...

FUTURE PLANS ARE

-RAISED FUNCTIONAL FLOOR BED ON HINGES

-HOOD  OR SOME SORT OR A PORTION

-2 DIFFERENT TOP 1 HARD AND ONE SOFT SNAPPED ON WITH FISHING POLE BOWS

-LIGHTS AND GAUGES/FAN FOR COOLING

-HIDDEN STEREO STUFF

-PAINT????????????? PROB NOT LOL MAYBE A FEW MORE TASTEFUL TOUCHES

-SEATS RECOVERED 

-TUNNEL /FIREWALL/BACK OF CAB (BEHIND REAR SEAT) HEY ITS JUST A LITTLE SHEET METAL WORK

-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAH THAT MIDDLE WINDOW OF PLEXIGLAS AND ALUMINUM ANGLE

-IM SURE MORE WILL ARISE AS I TINKER

• Like 5

Good luck at your show. I'm sure it will draw plenty of attention.

Paint? I wouldn't paint it. To get it to look right you'd have tons of hours into it, and for what? It looks great right now. Finish the welding and scuff it up. Maybe throw an acid wash on the bare metal parts...done.

That middle window? You mean like a chauffeur partition?

Don't forget to have your driveshaft redone out of a single tube. That thing is a ticking time-bomb.

• Like 3

Mad mad props man. It's kind of insane how fast this came together and how perfectly ratsun it is. I place another vote for not painting, it looks so badass as is. Happy birthday and great job!

• Like 1

The hole is a tough fix being the complete door is there, if it were mine I would try placing/welding the back of a door window frame in the front on them back doors, that would give one a channel on the top and front, the stainless steel upright piece that held the wingwindow in place has a groove on both sides, so if that was cleaned up as it is held in position below with two 7/16ths head bolts, then window channel felt could be installed in the front where the wingwindow rubber gasket was, along with the front and top, this will hold a window in position/place, the bottom could be done the same way, by adding another channeled window frame piece at the bottom and weld it to the top of the door and clean it up to look like it should be there, but then how would one install a window?

This would have to be a fixed window as if one wanted it to roll up and down it would interfere with the mechanism rolling the normal door window up and down.

The other issue would be that the wingwindow stainless steel piece top is angled because of the wingwindow, that doesn't look clean and will be hard to fix cleanly.

• Like 1