Distributor rotors

Datsundude123

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The EGR isn't even there!!!

Choke and idle cut need to be wired also.

Did the same friend say to do this that said to take the block vent off?? and put the spindle in?? He's an idiot. Stop having him over.

One is vacuum advance the other EGR... it will run without them but the advance should be connected later. Won't idle without the idle cut solenoid wire connected to a 12 volt source. Choke won't come off unless the same.

This is like a detective story.

Detective story?  You're being nice!!!   :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Given the run of events here, I'd say its time to enlist a pro, or you'll always have several things wrong that you can't identify, and you'll drive it with "acceptable" problems until those problems cause permanent damage.  Pay someone to tackle it for a couple hours and get you running.  From there you can maintain it.  I have a "friend" that I blame stuff on too.   :rofl:

Told you not to trust friends with ur shit... i have a buddy that wenever i or another one of our buddies is working on a car he wants to tear the fuckin whole thing apart cuz supposedly he knows how to do it... he left one of my friends with his car apart half way through the job lol..i had to finish it cuz the poor guy was clueless.. ill slap da shit out of ur friend and stick a carrot up his ass..lol..

The pcv was blocked but show me where the egr port is wide open!

No, you plugged the PCV's crankcase outlet.  That won't have any effect other than making oil blow out the valve cover air INLET.

What's open is the ports on the intake manifold because someone took off the EGR extension (breaking the bolts as mentioned by Hainz) and didn't plug the holes.  So now your intake manifold is wide open to the air.

Because the EGR extension was also the PCV port, you have no where to run it. 

What I had was a flat plate that bolted over where the EGR manifold went, with a 90 degree fitting which the PCV is attached to and so while the EGR is deleted the PCV still works.  But someone is going to have to EZout the broken studs so you could do that.  Or, you can go the shadetree route and fill the ports with JBweld.  You'd never have a PCV again, so once the engine develops blowby (if it already hasn't) you'd have a nice oil mess coming out the valve cover.  And you'll have to change the oil more often without the PCV as it will become acidic far faster.

I think I'm the closest ratsun guy to mt vernon when I'm not at work but this is beyond me I think.

One picture has 2 vacuum hoses need plugged and another has a third. Whole thing looks wet, why is everything wet?

Show me where you are saying there are vacuum hoses that need to be plugged!

Nothing needs plugging.

20160414_000131_zpsxwsc8sij.jpg

The carb fitting to the front with the Black plug over the end is for the EGR (which you don't have) so leave it.

The fitting to the rear with the Blue cover is the vacuum advance and should have a small hose connecting it to that little metal pipe closest to it. The other end of the metal pipe should go near the distributor. Here another small hose should connect it to the can on the side of the distributor. Any other openings on that line must be closed off. Now the vacuum advance signal from the port on the side of the carb can get to the distributor.

Let me guess. Your 'friend' said you don't need it right? Well, give him a kick in the nuts for me.

We got more done with these pictures than the last 10 pages, so post more of everything. Show the distributor and the metal lines near it.

Nothing needs plugging.

20160414_000131_zpsxwsc8sij.jpg

The carb fitting to the front with the Black plug over the end is for the EGR (which you don't have) so leave it.

The fitting to the rear with the Blue cover is the vacuum advance and should have a small hose connecting it to that little metal pipe closest to it. The other end of the metal pipe should go near the distributor. Here another small hose should connect it to the can on the side of the distributor. Any other openings on that line must be closed off. Now the vacuum advance signal from the port on the side of the carb can get to the distributor.

Let me guess. Your 'friend' said you don't need it right? Well, give him a kick in the nuts for me.

We got more done with these pictures than the last 10 pages, so post more of everything. Show the distributor and the metal lines near it.

Thanks man! I will take pictures of everything when I get to my shop and when I get the pcv hooked up it should run right?

Do what Mike said...

Thanks man! I will take pictures of everything when I get to my shop and when I get the pcv hooked up it should run right?

One is vacuum advance the other EGR... it will run without them but the advance should be connected later. Won't idle without the idle cut solenoid wire connected to a 12 volt source. Choke won't come off unless the same.

This is like a detective story.

Screenshot_20160412-224004_zpsdoetdxxx.j

The pipe isn't there anymore it's just open!

If this your motor, you need to find the pipe near the back of the block and put it back on, or go find one somewhere. From there you will run a hose to the intake manifold and put a PCV valve in the hose before the intake. That piece you took off the intake would be handy to hook this up

Needs more RTV

If this your motor, you need to find the pipe near the back of the block and put it back on, or go find one somewhere. From there you will run a hose to the intake manifold and put a PCV valve in the hose before the intake. That piece you took off the intake would be handy to hook this up

Needs more RTV

003_zpsdnfbfhkq.jpg

Can I make my own pcv valve like this or do I need the OEM one?

This is from a '77 L20B with the co-joined manifolds. The threaded hole is for a vacuum fitting.  PCV on right. EGR valve on extreme left just outside the picture.

L20B%20intake%20002.jpg

EGR manifold removed from intake. The two black holes distribute exhaust gasses to the two intake runners. The vacuum fitting and the PCV share the top hole into the intake. Both are under vacuum when the engine is running. EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) only happens above idle or the engine would stall. The EGR valve allows recirculation by way of a ported vacuum signal on the carb. The one with the Black cover in your picture mentioned earlier.

L20B%20intake%20003.jpg

Did you kick 'friend' in the nuts yet?