Distributor rotors

Datsundude123

I'm sure it's a vacuum leak but I can find any!

I just found a hole in the side of the block under the manifold that goes straight into the oil pan so I plugged it and I'm pretty sure it's from the anti backfire valve

Still doesn't run but it sounds like it wants to when I put gas in the carb

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the block vent. Don't plug. There should be a metal pipe for it that goes back and then around the exhaust manifold. Then a hose to the PCV valve on the intake. Find yours or get one and get this connected. 

Post a picture of the intake from the rear showing just below the carb.... maybe your PCV is missing. 

That's the block vent. Don't plug. There should be a metal pipe for it that goes back and then around the exhaust manifold. Then a hose to the PCV valve on the intake. Find yours or get one and get this connected.

Post a picture of the intake from the rear showing just below the carb.... maybe your PCV is missing.

Ok I'll post a few pictures in a bit but I was told that that was an anti backfire valve and I didn't need it so I just took it off but now that I know what it is doesn't it just take practicals from the inside off the motor to keep the motor clean?

There will always be some 'blow by' past the rings that will include burnt and unburnt gas, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, water vapor and partly burnt oil. These vapors will condense when the engine cools and over time build up and contaminate the oil so that you have to change it more often. The PCV constantly draws a small amount of air from the crankcase and into the intake and runs it through the combustion process again. As vapors are removed, fresh clean air is allowed in from the air filter to replace it. The PCV helps keep the engine clean and extends the oil changes.

Did you remove the PCV valve from your intake??? It's the thing on the right screwed into the intake.

L20B%20intake%20007.jpg

There will always be some 'blow by' past the rings that will include burnt and unburnt gas, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, water vapor and partly burnt oil. These vapors will condense when the engine cools and over time build up and contaminate the oil so that you have to change it more often. The PCV constantly draws a small amount of air from the crankcase and into the intake and runs it through the combustion process again. As vapors are removed, fresh clean air is allowed in from the air filter to replace it. The PCV helps keep the engine clean and extends the oil changes.

Did you remove the PCV valve from your intake??? It's the thing on the right screwed into the intake.

L20B%20intake%20007.jpg

Yes I removed it!

I recently had horrible starting issues... I ended up getting a Weber carb because I figured it would remedy the situation.... One installed it ran better.... But not quite perfect.

Turns out my points in the distributor were loose! Tightened up the inner screws and Bam... Problem solved. She fired up first crank

• Like 1

this thred is torture for me. this should be running by now

I provided a picture of the PCV so hope he saw that and that that is what he took out. Has spark and fuel won't start. Big hole in intake from removing the PCV would explain everything and an easy fix..

• Like 1

He might mean he remove the crank case vent pipe.

Why he removed this I dont know.

this thred is torture for me. this should be running by now

dude take full piture of everything/

wire at the coil

block intake set up ect.......

When I get to my shop I will take a bunch of pictures!