Distributor rotors

Datsundude123

This is from a '77 L20B with the co-joined manifolds. The threaded hole is for a vacuum fitting. PCV on right. EGR valve on extreme left just outside the picture.

L20B%20intake%20002.jpg

EGR manifold removed from intake. The two black holes distribute exhaust gasses to the two intake runners. The vacuum fitting and the PCV share the top hole into the intake. Both are under vacuum when the engine is running. EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) only happens above idle or the engine would stall. The EGR valve allows recirculation by way of a ported vacuum signal on the carb. The one with the Black cover in your picture mentioned earlier.

L20B%20intake%20003.jpg

Did you kick 'friend' in the nuts yet?

Ok and my question is can I make a custom pcv with those small little pcv valves? And will the pcv valve off of a 72 l16 work on a 77 l20b?

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok and my question is can I make a custom pcv with those small little pcv valves? And will the pcv valve off of a 72 l16 work on a 77 l20b?

003_zpsdnfbfhkq.jpg

Yes. L16 PCV will work. Plug the two bottom holes somehow, even JB weld will do and thread and screw a PCV valve in hook up the hose to the block vent.

OR seal all the holes for now and get it running. Figure out the PCV later.

003_zpsdnfbfhkq.jpg

Can I make my own pcv valve like this or do I need the OEM one?

You could do this, but you need to plug the 2 black holes and thread the top center hole and adapt the fitting you put threads in to the size of the PCV valve. I would use a 90 degree fitting to make it easier to connect to the crankcase breather pipe.

I would like to come and help you, but you don't seem to want to listen to any ones advice

This is not rocket surgery or brain science

• Like 1

003_zpsdnfbfhkq.jpg

Can I make my own pcv valve like this or do I need the OEM one?

Based on what Mike said, I think this would work fine. Block the two lower holes by tapping pipe threads into them and inserting some pipe plugs. Tap the upper for your pcv and I think you should be good there.

But you still need the metal pipe that that pcv connects to.

You could do this, but you need to plug the 2 black holes and thread the top center hole and adapt the fitting you put threads in to the size of the PCV valve. I would use a 90 degree fitting to make it easier to connect to the crankcase breather pipe.

I would like to come and help you, but you don't seem to want to listen to any ones advice

This is not rocket surgery or brain science

I'm taking almost everyones advice ite just hard for my because a lot of the things you guys are talking about is hard for me to translate over the Internet!

Based on what Mike said, I think this would work fine. Block the two lower holes by tapping pipe threads into them and inserting some pipe plugs. Tap the upper for your pcv and I think you should be good there.

But you still need the metal pipe that that pcv connects to.

I already have the pipe so once I get everything hooked up I'll post a picture

Junk. Friend of mine here has one...runs on 2 cylinders...guess what the fix is? Another dizzy.

You've shown pics of 3 different distributors through this thread. Which did you actually buy?

Know which one changes diag, kind of.

I haven't bought any distributor! If I were to get a distributor which one do you suggest?