FrankRizzo

Mine now ('74 Cactus Green)

you guys should just stop ... manual e brakes wont work on a lowered truck ... we ended up having to shave the whole ebrake assembly off the calipers due to massive interference with frame rail... massive .. not like a little ...... even rear mounted if your lower then 3 inches then your gonna have issues ... ended up using a line lock and a switch out of a roadster that was two position... works good holds for a week at a time .. 

• Like 1

you guys should just stop ... manual e brakes wont work on a lowered truck ... we ended up having to shave the whole ebrake assembly off the calipers due to massive interference with frame rail... massive .. not like a little ...... even rear mounted if your lower then 3 inches then your gonna have issues ... ended up using a line lock and a switch out of a roadster that was two position... works good holds for a week at a time .. 

HAHA....I can see my truck rolling out of my driveway after a week...or whenever the battery goes dead. By the way, these are not legal in many states that require safety inspections. Though I understand there are mechanical means of doing this. it's just not an overall safe way of going about it. 

I am curious about the clearance issue you mentioned. I can see in the images above that the activation lever appears to be inboard of the axle U-bolt, so I do see that there is a valid concern. 

• Like 1

the clevis is way inboard and the caliper actually had to be shaved but the truck is really low .. i just stuck with my drums on mine ... and to be honest adn im not asshamed to admit this .. the rear drums seem to stop better then the disks on the rear .. or at least its not a discernible difference.....

and yes he found ou the limits of the system ... it was a little over a week .. 

• Like 1

Thanks again jrock for the heads-up. I'm already pretty well committed to going with rear discs, but it sounds like I will need to sort something out, as the truck will be lowered a bit - with probably about a 2" C-notch in the frame. Maybe make the notch to clear the caliper? Sounds a bit out there, but maybe...

Though I don't have the rear axle at home, I may assemble the bracket and caliper this weekend and do a dry run for measurements. 

By the way, what year 620 were you working on?

• Like 1

CD66D144-0A7B-465C-82B6-F0A8EA960EF0_zps

anywhere close to this low ...... runs a c notch also ... but to be honest most lowered datsuns will cause a interference with the frame rail 

• Like 3

I'm not far away, either. At the boarder of LA and OC. 

• Like 2

Hey Frank; would you be kind enough to find out exactly what radiator that is by asking the previous owner? Or maybe you know? I need one thanks!

• Like 1

I'll take a look at it this weekend and see if there are any numbers on it.

• Like 1

Tried out a Speedhut 3-3/8" tach and it fits pretty custom. I played around with the fonts and colors to try and get it to match the factory as much as possible.Now that I know that it fits, I've already ordered the matching 100 mph GPS speedo and the 4in1 clsuter with fuel, oil, water and volts.

I have to do something about the glare on the gauge, I think it is because I used domed glass instead of flat. I'll see what Speedhut says.

IMG_1092_zpsrima2soe.jpg

IMG_1090_zpssmtt6fsj.jpg

IMG_1093_zpsiymujsf2.jpg

IMG_1099_zpshi9cbqhn.jpg

IMG_1126_zpsd1xatezz.jpg

• Like 7

Nice.. brand new, custom, and cheaper than stock.

• Like 1

Nice!  Love to see the other new gages also.

Speedhut says that because I opted for the domed glass instead of the flat (trying to match the originals), the dome is glass and is more reflective. They are going to send flat lens to replace the domed and we swapped the gauges in production for flat lenses as well.

A+ to Speedhut for great service!

• Like 4

Their support is quality also. Overnighted me a coil noise suppressor.

• Like 1

Got my other two gauges today. 100MPH GPS speedo with turn and high beams, and the 4-in-1 for fuel, water, oil, volts.

I did a quick test fit. Also swapped the bezels and used flat glass on the tach to help cut down the glare.

They fit really well.

IMG_1406_zpsdtyjnlgs.jpg

IMG_1411_zps548uby86.jpg

• Like 6

Man those speedhuts look fantastic

• Like 3

love those gauges. but why only 0-100??? :D

• Like 1

Wow.. those look incredible in there!

I would much rather opt for that gauge set than OEM tach and such.. 

• Like 1