FrankRizzo

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Badge should have showed up today?

Yep. "splian this to me.....It does not fit? The notch does not line up with the grill bars and the mounting stems are really tight against the grill.

There must be different grilles....Oh well....its going to be a garage decoration now!

B)

badge_zpsv6fkixyd.jpg

• Like 1

i only have 1 out of..... 4 or 5 grills i think that actually have the emblem on it, let me see if the one in my garage has it attached, if it does i'll take a picture of the backside for you

so that grill does not have an emblem. 2 bezels yes, no emblem though

• Like 1

It's weird, all the slits look the same, yet it only fits on a few of them. Not sure how they worked that out. On the backside of the grill you can see the posts that stick up on the drivers side, it fits between them

• Like 1

I pulled the "old" grille that my truck came with out of the rafters and it fits OK.

grill_zpsy9qvvred.jpg

This grille is supposedly "newer" ('78?) ... without the crossbar.

but the weird thing is that the first few pics in this thread shows the older grille with the badge...

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/43330-heres-my-77-620-longbed/

I dunno. I hate to hack up a nice emblem to get it to fit...

• Like 1

Any idea which grill yours is? I'll keep my eye out for any emblems that pop up and try to snag them

They dont have any grille pics in  the parts manual like they do for the emblems, so its a guess.

I think it is the older style. I think the one in the pic without the chrome headlight rings and no crossbar is the "newer" style.

What I really need is the "datsun" fender emblems!!! in case you bump into any. 

do you sill have the previous grill?

Yeah, in the pic above, I pulled the grille from my attic to see if the emblem fits. That is the one the PO put on, but he kept the OG grille and I reinstalled it.

Ah ok, I've got the ones that say Datsun by Nissan, I'll be doing a trip to do yards here soon that I know people haven't picked yet so if I come across any, they're yours. I feel bad about the emblem not fitting

• Like 2

Ah ok, I've got the ones that say Datsun by Nissan, I'll be doing a trip to do yards here soon that I know people haven't picked yet so if I come across any, they're yours. I feel bad about the emblem not fitting

Grab as many as you can, they are becoming harder and harder to find!

Its all good, no worries.

Fender emblems are super good!