Dream come true

i am soo stoked right now. earlier i got a call from my dad who was contacted by someone who saw me racing yesterday at the local kart track. he wants to put me in a full ride next year for the regional series and at nationals. they need another driver on their team and was impressed by my driving at the track. it would be in a brand new '09 kart with a motor built by one of the top builders that has 9 national championships under his belt with building motors. all i would have to do is show up and race. a mechanic would do the work on the equipment and would leave me to focus on the racing.

i have done a lot of regional and national racing before but never really had the funding to compete with some of the big teams that show up and now i'll be on one. this is a really awesome chance for me and absolutely cant pass it up because its almost a once in a lifetime oppurtunity to beable to go head first into competing at that level. i cant even fully express how i feel right now.:D:D:D:D

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its for a company called seattle karting. they are an importer of Italkart. here is a pic of the '09 Italkart Quattro chassis. its of course not complete, just missing the motor and seat.

Quattro.jpg

this is my current kart i race. its a 125cc motor with a 6 speed gearbox.

P1040039.jpg

thanks guys. if i do make it big, i wont forget you guys, i would be still drivin a datsun but it would be a lot nicer. ill be 22 at the end of the month and have been racing since i was 10. i had a real big oppurtunity 4 years ago that didnt end out to well but was real close to making it. i was in the Redbull formula 1 driver search runnin in the last heat. the top 6 moved on to sebring to run formula cars. i was running 4th, got spun out, then caught up to 7th:mad:. scott speed got into formula 1 by winning that driver search. thats me in the 22 kart with the black helmet at the driver search at Infineon Raceway.

MR_040825_DSC_3526.jpg

Damn dude, thats kick ass. Let us know if you ever end up at Portland International Raceway.

i do a lot of racing around there but not there in particular. ill be racing at McMinnville and Canby next year. i race on the smaller tracks ~.5 mile. my kart will still hit about 75-80 at my home track.

Good on ya man! That's great. I never could get into asphalt kart racing, I tried it a few times, and it just never compared to the dirt with me. Problem with dirt racing around here is that it's mostly just a "hobby/fun" kinda thing, you'll most likely never get any recognition for it. I've found that especially with the dirt racing, the most important thing is to just have fun. We tried the point chasing thing for a while, won a couple championships, but seem seemed a lot more enjoyable for me, and the rest of the family if we just raced for fun. But then again if I got a full ride, I'd be all over it racing however they wanted me to :P I'm sure you'll do great!

That is really great, I hope you make it out of karts and we see you on speed channel With a big ass checkerd flag hangin out the window. That's great that your only in your 20's. So that means your a veteran of motorsports at 22. good luck.

wow good stuff, wish i could get sponsored. im good but not that good, and cant afford to do it like that. the team that wants me to join wants me to purchase the cart, then they will help out along the way. ive been invited to test at the local club track, but time this year ran out, so maybe later. the team is called r3carting. he imports these 4 stroke engines that are really ridiculously fast. and because of the 4 stroke, they have torque beyond belief.

thanks guys for all the kind words.

Good on ya man! That's great. I never could get into asphalt kart racing, I tried it a few times, and it just never compared to the dirt with me. Problem with dirt racing around here is that it's mostly just a "hobby/fun" kinda thing, you'll most likely never get any recognition for it. I've found that especially with the dirt racing, the most important thing is to just have fun. We tried the point chasing thing for a while, won a couple championships, but seem seemed a lot more enjoyable for me, and the rest of the family if we just raced for fun. But then again if I got a full ride, I'd be all over it racing however they wanted me to :P I'm sure you'll do great!

ive done a little bit of dirt racing and that sure is a kick in the pants. we used to have an annual race here inside the expo center but they got rid of it. i just ran in the local option class where it was no offset chassis's and slick tires for it was really all about drifting around.

That is really great, I hope you make it out of karts and we see you on speed channel With a big ass checkerd flag hangin out the window. That's great that your only in your 20's. So that means your a veteran of motorsports at 22. good luck.

i do have a lot of seat time under me but kinda sucks that in most high up series's they start people out a lot younger. IE: formula 1s average age is 21

wow good stuff, wish i could get sponsored. im good but not that good, and cant afford to do it like that. the team that wants me to join wants me to purchase the cart, then they will help out along the way. ive been invited to test at the local club track, but time this year ran out, so maybe later. the team is called r3carting. he imports these 4 stroke engines that are really ridiculously fast. and because of the 4 stroke, they have torque beyond belief.

whats your local track? ill be runnin up in chilliwack this next year. havent been to the track before but looks like a really cool track.

there was a little change in plans that had me kinda worried for a little bit but everything worked out great and is finalized. it was the motor builder that had recomended me to the kart company as it was a team effort between the two. but the kart company wanted to get someone in the seat that was somewhat new to try to develop a driver but the motor builder wanted someone already really experienced so it didnt work out with them. he decided to stop dealing with them and went to another company called Intrepid. the kart should be showing up next week at his shop and there is a possibility that i may be running in the final regional race this year in a couple weeks.

heres what the kart looks like.

intrepid.jpg

there was a little change in plans that had me kinda worried for a little bit but everything worked out great and is finalized. it was the motor builder that had recomended me to the kart company as it was a team effort between the two. but the kart company wanted to get someone in the seat that was somewhat new to try to develop a driver but the motor builder wanted someone already really experienced so it didnt work out with them. he decided to stop dealing with them and went to another company called Intrepid. the kart should be showing up next week at his shop and there is a possibility that i may be running in the final regional race this year in a couple weeks.

heres what the kart looks like.

intrepid.jpg

Let's hope you go out there and kick butt on the team that droped you, :D

yup chilliwack is the "local track" its 30-45 mins away from me, and its really really fast track. when your up let me know, ill come swing by. theres also the richmond indoor track, the karts only do 70kph, but indoor its a blast with slick floors, i got the weeks fastest lap too!! i rent it at 1000 per hour with some freinds, did that for my stag too. it was great.

Congrats that is so cool. It is nice to have your hard work pay off. And in your sport sponsers are a must to help pay for fuel , tires etc...I had a good friend, Justin Wilson, that raced Carts for years. I lost track of him dont know if he still races. But he was fast and succesful in the washington area. I used to go out to Pangborn Airport in Wenatchee to watch him race.

So best fo luck and let us know where we can go see you race...:D