Dream come true

oh yeah, i decided to get my shifterkart together to take out to the track when i get a break. this thing is way more of a beast than that blue kart ive been racing this year. its a crappy camera phone video but i was excited to get it started. listen to how throaty it sounds at low rpms near the end of the video.

http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g169/layedoutb2k/?action=view&current=0514091750.flv

btw: that apparent delay in sound to throttle response is just because it was a crappy video.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Wow i wish i could see as many 4-cycles out on my local tracks as you got out there. there are about twenty of us on a good day between the F200's, World Formulas and BSC's. No Animals though.. im running the BSC right now because it is cheap as dirt but next session i will be looking to buy a world forumla. i hit all the Races with The NFRA (national Fourcycle Racing Association) We call it our little traveling Circus:lol: love to see more people on 4-cycles though

Edited by 620mike
Wow i wish i could see as many 4-cycles out on my local tracks as you got out there. there are about twenty of us on a good day between the F200's, World Formulas and BSC's. No Animals though.. im running the BSC right now because it is cheap as dirt but next session i will be looking to buy a world forumla. i hit all the Races with The NFRA (national Fourcycle Racing Association) We call it our little traveling Circus:lol: love to see more people on 4-cycles though

yeah its nice having big classes. i think there were 18 karts that showed up in chilliwack just in world formula. they only class up here thats bigger is rotax international. i have an animal motor too but have mainly just used it for testing this year. ill be running it at the IKF nationals next year along with the world formula. whats a BSC? you should come up for nationals next year, its at my home track which is a really nice track.

Copy%20of%20Picture%20011.JPG

The BSC is a "Box Stock Clone" or "Box Stock Project" its a honda clone 6.5 hp engine that is pumped up to about 9hp with the gov. out and some after market bolt on parts. you can get them for 330 shipped to your door ready to race. there pretty big on the east coast dirt tracks and were getting them started out here in the valley.. there catching on pretty quick out here because of the low cost, and it helps that we have Emmick Cobra Racing backing us also. Its a good low cost low maintenance package to get people in the sport. maybe it will make it up your way in a session or two lol. you can check them out at http://www.arcracing.com:D

if i get a WF by next session you will proble see me and my bro out at the nationals racing. were catching on to the sport pretty quick from what the other racers are saying:D

ARC20BSP20EngineWeb.jpg

Edited by 620mike
Will you race at Pat's Acres in Canby this year? Wish I hadn't a forgot about you being at Mac. Would love to have come out and watched.

yeah, ill be down in canby at the end of september, the 26th-27th i believe. i havent raced there yet but i checked out the track last year during the canby show.

The BSC is a "Box Stock Clone" or "Box Stock Project" its a honda clone 6.5 hp engine that is pumped up to about 9hp with the gov. out and some after market bolt on parts. you can get them for 330 shipped to your door ready to race. there pretty big on the east coast dirt tracks and were getting them started out here in the valley.. there catching on pretty quick out here because of the low cost, and it helps that we have Emmick Cobra Racing backing us also. Its a good low cost low maintenance package to get people in the sport. maybe it will make it up your way in a session or two lol. you can check them out at http://www.arcracing.com:D

if i get a WF by next session you will proble see me and my bro out at the nationals racing. were catching on to the sport pretty quick from what the other racers are saying:D

ARC20BSP20EngineWeb.jpg

thats pretty cool. thats good some companies are putting cheaper alternatives out there. most classes can get expensive real quick and that scares people away. my shifter motor cost 10x what those cost so it gets hard when there is a major blowup. i hadnt really known much about any of the newer 4-cycle motors since last time i raced 4-cycle was 12 years ago when the only one was the briggs flat head motor. that would be cool if you do make it up here for nationals. it should be a really good turnout with how strong this region is in 4-cycle.

yeah, ill be down in canby at the end of september, the 26th-27th i believe. i havent raced there yet but i checked out the track last year during the canby show.

OK. It is on my calander......LITERALLY! You are in ink on my calander for tha weekend. YOU BETTER ROCK!! :D See you in September.

OK. It is on my calander......LITERALLY! You are in ink on my calander for tha weekend. YOU BETTER ROCK!! :D See you in September.

sweet. it sounded like skib was planning on headin to that race in canby too. we could have a little ratsun gtg there though i wont have a car there.

sweet. it sounded like skib was planning on headin to that race in canby too. we could have a little ratsun gtg there though i wont have a car there.

Indeed I will :D Z_Rac3r will be living up here then so shell prob wanna come too. Well have a sweet Ratsun party :fu:

• 3 weeks later...

The other weekend at Tacoma went great. I got pole in qualifying by a tenth. Second place through eighth place were seperated by 3 tenths so it was a real close field especially with 11 karts in it. The first heat was real interesting at this track with the inverted starting positions. The track is real tight and very hard to pass on especially in this class. I had to start all the way back in 11th and was able to work my way to 7th after the 17r kart was dq'd for rough driving. He took out two drivers in two different incidents. One of them was right in front of my at about 4:35 in the video. I had to drive off the track to avoid it.

I started on pole for the main event and was able to lead every lap and take the win. My points championship is pretty much in the bag now. The only guy that can catch me will have to win the last two races with 13 karts show up in both. That is also only if I finish 5th or worse.

that was fun to watch i like how u got back with the pack in the final few laps preety cool
Love watching your videos. Your lap times sure dropped when you were by yourself.

yeah, with the inverted start and the track being hard to pass on, the pack was really slowed down due to the slow guys being in front. i was also running at lap record times during those few laps while i beat the track record in qualifying.

Let me know when you are at Mac or Pat's I race at both in the local series in yamaha. We will have to hook up and talk datsuns

After seeing your pics we might have raced eachother I had a Rocket brand chassis with a world formula on it last year number 13

i'll be up to Pat's on the weekend of sep 25-27 and it looks like a few other ratsuners will be heading up to hang out that weekend up there. this is my first year running 4-cycle in 11 years so we wouldnt have raced together. in the past couple years, i have just ran my shifterkart in some local races. my sister raced the gold cup series and nationals down at Mac last year but was in the Jr.2 class.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the Canby race is only a week away. The points championship has gotten close is coming down to the last race. I had some mechanical issues at the last race but was able to salvage a 5th place out of 14. The guy 2nd in points won that race at his home track so my points lead got tighter. He would still have to win this last race if I finish 4th or worse to pass me. If I finish 3rd or better or he doesn't win, then I win the championship.

If anyone is free that weekend and would like to help turn some wrenches, it would be really cool. I would supply the pitpass, food, and embeer.gif afterwards. I practice on friday the 25th and race on sunday the 27th and help would be appreciated both days. Even if people come down to watch and hang out, that would be cool.

Thats like 10min from my house :lol: your welcome to come kick it at the shop and BBQ with us :fu:

That would be cool. Jester also mentioned above in the thread about bringing a bbq to the track. Friday nights this year have always been great to hang out drinking since I don't race on saturday. I also can hang out during the day saturday but get to bed at a decent time because of racing the next day.

wish i had made it to chilliwack to watch. i really wish i had spent the 10,000 to buy a kart to be part of the r3 karting team. then i could compete against ya.

Chilliwack was a really fun track to race at this year. The R3 team runs Birel right? It's too bad you couldn't make it this year, there has been a really good kart count in the class. We had the highest count at probably half the races with Rotax International being the only other class that beat us at the other.

I just might be able to make it out there on the 27th, but i cant on the 25th.:(

That'd be cool, at least you can make it on race day.

I WILL BE THERE!!!! And I will take you up on those pit passes. :D

Sweet. Are you going to be able to make it up on Friday? That's going to be a busy day getting the kart setup because I've never race at the track before.