Dream come true

I just found out some bad news about this weekend. My motor builder/owner of the kart had something come up and he won't be able to make it to the race. I'll be riding up and pitting out of someone elses trailer. It'll make the weekend a little more interesting but as long as I have help, it should be fine.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What time do the races get under way on Friday? I just went back to work today and of coarse I have to work Friday too. I can't afford not to.

Sunday, the day I WANTED to come out, my son has a football game that afternoon and I have a leadership class that night. :mad:

Please let me know so I can try and get a game plan going.

Sounds crappy that he can't be there for the most important race of all.

Friday Night a bunch of us are going to be down at PIR :D

Im gonna try and make it out there as some point this weekend :fu:

I won't have a vehicle down there so I can't really head out to do much.

What time do the races get under way on Friday? I just went back to work today and of coarse I have to work Friday too. I can't afford not to.

Sunday, the day I WANTED to come out, my son has a football game that afternoon and I have a leadership class that night. :mad:

Please let me know so I can try and get a game plan going.

Sounds crappy that he can't be there for the most important race of all.

Friday is practice all day and I think starts at 8 and goes til 5. There also might be a possibility that I will be racing on Saturday instead of Sunday because the points may be locked up before depending on how many people show up. I still can miss a race and wouldn't want to risk anything happening in that class if I don't have to.

Last weekend he totaled his Harley on the freeway after hitting a mudflap hanger. He is still hurting pretty bad from the incident. It was bad enough to cause $12k+ damage to his bike.

Here are a couple more pics I found to add to this thread. These are from the last race in Spokane.

spokane1.jpg

spokane2.jpg

spokane3.jpg

spokane4.jpg

the day of practice is over and it went pretty good. It started out with some tuning and setup issues but got it fixed. I was running fast and picked up a tenth in the last season. I am about half a tenth off of the fast guy who is local. I will be racing on sunday instead of saturday.

• 3 months later...

I just got the greatest email I could ever get earlier! It looks like I will be a factory team driver next year. This is 10X better than I could ever imagined!

The story:

I recently found out that my motor builder that was my previous kart ride last year is going strictly into the motor building business and not racing any karts next year so I thought I was screwed and was looking for a chassis to run at nationals next year. Out of the blue while talking to my dad yesterday, he reminded me somehow about talking with the owner of a kart company earlier in the year about trying to get interest in producing a 4-cycle chassis. I just thought, hell why not, and sent him an email last night. Come to find out, he is really interested and after a few emails, he is asking me what I would like in my chassis. After a few emails back and forth, he is asking me when I would need the prototype chassis by. I've been shaking from excitement for that last couple hours.

Yeah, I'm so stoked about this whole deal. I spent about an hour last night discussing chassis design of what I want out of it and what needs to be done. He said the chassis can be started getting built in the next couple weeks and then air freighted over here from Italy. Things just keep getting better and better. I could have never dreamed about anything like this being possible.