Dream come true

yeah im hopin to make them regret it.

heres an onboard video of someone in my class. im pretty sure i was the one starting in second that checked out with the polesitter but i dont remember which race this is.

I almost peed my pants...dang that's fast! I can see how this sport could be addicting.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

found out something cool yesterday about the guy thats building the motors and wrenching on the kart. with all the national championships and pole positions his motors got last year and the success his son did, he won IKF(international kart federation) region 6(NW) mechanic of the year. definitely made me excited about the season getting close(mid march).

i saw the kart too. i didnt take any pics because the graphics arent on it yet and the engine and seat were out of it. it ended out being a different chassis than the one pictured.

Edited by LAYEDOUTB2K

Shifter carts are the shit! Oh gee, you are going to have to settle for an Intrepid chassis! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I don't even know you but, I am proud of you. This is a great story. Redbull search?!? WOW, I'm impressed. Yeah, be sure to keep us posted when you are going to be down in the PDX area. I will come out to support you!

My best friend lives in Davis and San Francicso. Aged 54 he wanted something to do with his son, so he bough a used cart and started running at a club track near Dixon. That was two years ago and now he is hooked. They just got an Ital roller and are running Yamaha. They ran Sears Point, uh Infineon (sorry it's Sears to me) this year. I get to live vicariously through them.

I had a neighbor that ran 250, 500cc enduro karts in IKF in the '80s and raced agianst guys like Scott Pruitt and Jimmy Vasser. I tagged along with him a lot and talked about lines and racecraft. He was an older guy that owned a machine tool company. The kind of guy who had all the trickest hardware available. He had a brand new van with vertical rack for the carts and was all set up with easy ups, BBQ and stuff just to go racing on the weekend. His garage was clean as a hospital, with built in cabinets and benches lots of lights. The floor had an epoxy finish checker flag pattern. It was sick.

I went with him to Long Beach in 1983 to see the last F1 race before the CART series. He was invited to run an exhibition kart race between F1 qualifying sessions. They had all the top regional IKF guy there. The race was insane, they were flying down Shoreline Blvd. and banging on each other. Pruitt won and got a CART ride because of that.

I used to club race bikes and do track days at Sears, Laguna, Thunder Hill and Buttonwillow. Infinion must be a total blast to run on a kart. Pretty technical track. Did they run the whole course, or straight up the drag strip? What kind of lap times you run there? Ever run Thunder Hill or Laguna?

Layedout

Please post up some schedule links of the tracks you will be at. And what class. Pat's Acres is close by and so is Mac. I would LOVE to bring my kids out and watch you tear em up.

Congrats on you bro and I wish you a successfull and safe year in '09.

Jes

thanks guys. yeah im really gettin excited. here is the schedule for the races this year. i will be racing in the World Formula class. its a purpose built 4-stroke kart motor. a lot slower than the shifter im used to racing but im not complaining.

March

13, 14, 15 KJ McKinster Memorial Spring Challenge

on Tri Cities short track

April

3, 4, 5 Tri-Cities, WA Gold Cup

• 1 month later...

im getting really excited now. the local track is opening this weekend and im going to go out and turn some laps. itll be interesting, ive never been in a brand new kart so hopefully the setup wont be too far off. i ordered a factory team suit but its not quite here yet(back ordered in italy). just ordered a new helmet today too because the snell rating was out of date on mine. the motor builder already has a painter lined up to do the helmet.

im getting really excited now. the local track is opening this weekend and im going to go out and turn some laps. itll be interesting, ive never been in a brand new kart so hopefully the setup wont be too far off. i ordered a factory team suit but its not quite here yet(back ordered in italy). just ordered a new helmet today too because the snell rating was out of date on mine. the motor builder already has a painter lined up to do the helmet.

:D sweet! get some pics/footy of the kart on the track

i made it to the track but didnt make it on the track. we had an issue with the rear axle and spent a good part of the day looking for another one. im going back out in the morning to the track and the only thing left to do is mount the seat and gas it up. the kart looks different than the previous pics i posted because it fell through with both of those companies and ended out with a Topkart chassis. the graphics for it arent on yet because we are waiting for it to warm up a little to put it on so right now it looks pretty plain.

P1040357.jpg

P1040356.jpg

P1040359.jpg

P1040358.jpg

Way cool dude! (I expect with your drive, you'll go far)

We'll come out and watch you run when you come to Spokane. My buddy runs one of the local kart shops here in town.

Here is my sons little rat wagon he and I built for him last year. It started out and a little regular wagon and turned into this, lol. It has working headlight, tailights, frenched in license plate, it's been chopped, narrowed. It has an all tube chassis. caster, camber, and toe built into the front drop axle. It's all pretty much build with crap laying around the shop, lol.

I got tired of pushing him around at car shows in a boring old stroller, so we build this,:lol:

P1070215LargeSmall.jpg

P1070207MediumSmall.jpg

P1070205MediumSmall.jpg

P1070206MediumSmall.jpg

This is what it started as, lol.

0003867562216_500X500.jpg

We had so many people wanting them that we have a patent pending and are stating with the manufacturing of them now.

Good luck with your racing, can't wait to see you tearing up the track.

Nice looking cart! Gotta love a brand new ride. Keep us posted as to how tomorrow goes.

Creepy, You should think about puttiing in a hight back seat and a 4 point belt. That way when the day at the car shows gets long, and the tot falls asleep, they won't fall out. Too bad you couldn't make the seat recline a bit.

I already have seatbelts, steering column, electric motor, and brakes for it to go on next, now that he's old enough to drive it (he's 3 now). So he doesn't really fall asleap anymore, lol. We started him last year out in a hopped up power wheels we built that does 13mph now, (man does it drift killer, lol) so I think he's ready to drive this.

I don't want hijack this thread though, so I'll start a thread later on it, lol.

Keep us posted as to how tomorrow goes.

thanks guys. it went pretty good on sunday. only got 2 sessions on the track due to rain. the kart still needs a lot more tweaking to get it handling real good but i was running 3 tenths of a second off the track record on old tires. new tires are normally good for a half second and the kart was a handful without the front torsion bar in it.

creepy- thats pretty cool. i like how you incorporated all the kart parts into building it.

• 2 weeks later...

i had my first regional series race on sunday. it went great! i qualified 2nd, .009 seconds off of pole and the new track record. they inverted the starting positions for the heat race and finished 3rd. they averaged qualiying and the heat finish for the starting positions for the main so i started in second. i got a great start and was 1st out of turn one and walked away from everyone the whole race. here is some pics, an album of a bunch of pics from the heat race and a video from the heat race. i didnt post the main because i was pretty much all by myself in the race.

web picture album

P1040367.jpg

P1040368.jpg

DSC04209.JPG

DSC04229.JPG

this is right when i got t-boned at 3:13 in the video

DSC04233.JPG

im not sure how to embed videos on ratsun so if someone could do it for me.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> Edited by Phlebmaster
fixing the vid :)
That is awesome! The video looks like a video game. lol

SHOOT THE TURTLE SHELL!!!!! lol

Honestly kart racing scares the shit out of me, so power to ya.

Best of luck when you move up too.

thanks aaron

SHOOT THE TURTLE SHELL!!!!! lol

Honestly kart racing scares the shit out of me, so power to ya.

Best of luck when you move up too.

after the first time i flipped and realised i wasnt made of glass, i kinda got by that. though i have had serious back problems in the past couple years due to my ribs not healing straight from breaking them multiple times. i do feel like im getting old even though im only 22 but i guess its what 12 years of doing this does to your body.

i have had a lot of friends say that too about looking like a video game in the video. i cant wait to put this camera on my shifter kart next time i take that on the track. itll hit 75+ on the straightaway. i also made a website if you guys want to check it out. i just barely started so its kind of basic right now.

http://www.chasemeyer.net

• 2 months later...

if anyones interested from the boise area, our regional race is at the track there this weekend. i may even slap a ratsun sticker on my kart so its a little more recognizable. im also racing a kart for someone else in another class on saturday. oh yeah, and my points lead has expanded after the second race of the year. i was leading in the heat race and siezed a rod bearing. i borrowed someones random motor and started in the back in 11th in the main. i moved all the way up to finish 3rd which leaves me at a 50 point lead right now.